If you could make a driver

(Aug. 31, 2022  2:21 PM)Burn87 Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2022  8:01 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I want a slow but steady spin steal kinda driver
you're looking at MBrDr (Metal Bearing Drift)

it sounds fun. but almost impossilbe for me to make
(Aug. 31, 2022  2:22 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2022  2:21 PM)Burn87 Wrote: you're looking at MBrDr (Metal Bearing Drift)

it sounds fun. but almost impossilbe for me to make
here's another cool thing, TT is releasing MBrDr like, right now, in a wave of 300 drivers released
(Aug. 31, 2022  2:25 PM)Burn87 Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2022  2:22 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: it sounds fun. but almost impossilbe for me to make
here's another cool thing, TT is releasing MBrDr like, right now, in a wave of 300 drivers released

thats alot. I should snag one. but I dont know where Uncertain
(Aug. 31, 2022  9:28 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2022  10:30 PM)MWF Wrote: Bearing+Hold: Essentially what if the awakened Hold was even better?

I mean if Metal Bearing Drift is a thing that can exist Bearing Hold (BH) shouldn't be a problem

Consider this: Why does MBrDr work? Well, both of them have fixed shafts, wide sharp bases, and generally have similar designs. Drift is, in a sense, a flattened Bearing driver. Combining these is easy, they're already nearly the same short of the angles involved and Drift's plastic guardpiece, so just shape the tip a little differently to fit between the two extremes, use the base Drift body for it, and huzzah! MBrDr!

Hold free spins, so I assume you think that it'll work there too, but the truth is there's a key difference: Hold's shaft isn't fixed in place like Bearing, Drift, or even Gyro, it's allowed to wobble around instead, and this is Hold's defining feature, so it's not really a "Hold" driver without it. Where are you going to put a bearing on that? The most viable point where the shaft and body meet happens to also be its most flexible point, so it has to be able to rotate. You can't fit a normal bearing there and have Hold wobble around, the bearing would lock it into a single fixed axis. At that point it's not really Hold anymore, it's lost Hold's defining feature so it's really just a Bearing someone flattened down. It would be an interesting Flat Bearing variant, but I'd say that would be closer to Assault+Bearing than Hold+Bearing by that point.

There's just not a reasonable way I've come up with to allow it to fit a bearing that can bend around like hold without completely overhauling Hold's base body, and that alternative would likely be fragile anyways. This idea is one that sounds good, but just isn't feasible at all.

Understandable. I was thinking something like Hold's plate on Bearing's body.

Now Bearing's plate on Hold's Body might be interesting.
Metal Bearing Drift and High Xtend+'
a way this could be pulled off
Having High Xtend+' height and mode change gimmick, but the wide guard area on drift changes mode with Bearing' freespin bearing gimmick and the freespin plate from Metal Bearing Drift
i am open to any suggestions to change this
(Sep. 04, 2022  1:27 PM)Burn87 Wrote: Metal Bearing Drift and High Xtend+'
Having High Xtend+' height and mode change gimmick, but the wide guard area on drift changes mode with Bearing' freespin bearing gimmick and the freespin plate from Metal Bearing Drift

How do you intend to change the height of a Bearing tip?

How does the Drift guard change shape as a result of that?
(Sep. 07, 2022  11:58 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2022  1:27 PM)Burn87 Wrote: Metal Bearing Drift and High Xtend+'

How do you intend to change the height of a Bearing tip?

the drift guard is the part that changes modes, with a slightly modified shape of course, but there is a cutout that is just big enough for the bearing tip to go through, which results in being able to change from a passive stamina type mode, to an LAD saturated defense mode because the drift guard will line up perfectly with the widest part of the bearing tip, and a hyper aggressive attack mode where the bearing tip is fully concealed, resulting in a giant hole flat tip, and i see the potential problems with this too, like the risk of the spring breaking from the size required of it, the risk of the bearing shaft breaking from it not being concealed on the sides at all, and also the bearing tip getting locked in place in defense mode, and also the risk of self K.O in attack mode, and even the risk of there not being enough room for the spring required for the Xtend gimmick
(Sep. 08, 2022  12:59 AM)Burn87 Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2022  11:58 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: How do you intend to change the height of a Bearing tip?

the drift guard is the part that changes modes, with a slightly modified shape of course, but there is a cutout that is just big enough for the bearing tip to go through, which results in being able to change from a passive stamina type mode, to an LAD saturated defense mode because the drift guard will line up perfectly with the widest part of the bearing tip, and a hyper aggressive attack mode where the bearing tip is fully concealed, resulting in a giant hole flat tip, and i see the potential problems with this too, like the risk of the spring breaking from the size required of it, the risk of the bearing shaft breaking from it not being concealed on the sides at all, and also the bearing tip getting locked in place in defense mode, and also the risk of self K.O in attack mode, and even the risk of there not being enough room for the spring required for the Xtend gimmick

If it is a full sized bearing tip on this thing, then the Attack mode would be so wide that it wouldn't spin properly at all. This does not work.

If the free spinning tip is smaller, it will not have the LAD you desire.

One way or another, this is probably overdesigned, and I don't see it all coming together exactly as described here.
battery powered metal bearing drift but the tip is metal
would having a rubber driver help
(Sep. 08, 2022  1:48 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2022  12:59 AM)Burn87 Wrote: the drift guard is the part that changes modes, with a slightly modified shape of course, but there is a cutout that is just big enough for the bearing tip to go through, which results in being able to change from a passive stamina type mode, to an LAD saturated defense mode because the drift guard will line up perfectly with the widest part of the bearing tip, and a hyper aggressive attack mode where the bearing tip is fully concealed, resulting in a giant hole flat tip, and i see the potential problems with this too, like the risk of the spring breaking from the size required of it, the risk of the bearing shaft breaking from it not being concealed on the sides at all, and also the bearing tip getting locked in place in defense mode, and also the risk of self K.O in attack mode, and even the risk of there not being enough room for the spring required for the Xtend gimmick

If it is a full sized bearing tip on this thing, then the Attack mode would be so wide that it wouldn't spin properly at all. This does not work.

If the free spinning tip is smaller, it will not have the LAD you desire.

One way or another, this is probably overdesigned, and I don't see it all coming together exactly as described here.
oof- i forgot about that 😑
tower but actually good
Well me personally, I didn’t expect tis to get 61 replies, but before xplosion came out I was a firm believer in xtreme’ and destroy’. It would just be xtreme’, but with the destroy’ spinning plate, and a slightly modified shape.
High extend plus dash with a free spinning ball in the center of the plate
Oh, so I get to combine two drivers and get a new one? Bet: Liner' for the wheel and springlock being tight, and Xtend+ to have the modes.

And here's another one: Loop + Yard', putting the wheels from Loop into the 4 gaps in-between Yard's bottom and Yard' for the tighter spring.

Actually, here's yet another one: Almight + Bearing'. It's just Almight but the outer plate is made of POM, free-spins, and is wider. When launched normally the center protrusion is much sharper and made from POM because of Bearing'. Also, a better spring. Now that I'm thinking about it, this is just thick Eternal.

Another one I was thinking of but realized early that it wasn't good: Ignition' + Almight. It's hard to fit bound blades and an entire motor into the same driver without something catching fire inside/jamming the bound spring.

My favorite one I just thought about was Survive' and Shot, and I'm calling it Thrust. It's exactly like Shot except it starts on a rounded semi-flat and as it slows down, a sharp ejects from the center of the driver quickly, making it jump up. I'm not sure how strong the jump would be though, because if it's too nuts, then it would leap out trying to use the harp, but base Shot already sucks. Think of it as Generate + Shot if you will.

Also, none of these are any good. These are all garbage combos that are not meant to be taken seriously.
hybrid and quest
no other explanations needed
Uhh, not to be unsupportive, but are you sure the thick outside of hybrid would work very well with the inconsistent leaning suction cup?
what about volcanic and hybrid with the tip attached to the motor
I've always kinda wished we got something TRULY akin to M145Q from Metal Fight, while we have Quake and Operate which have those two ideas separated. I'd wish there was one that combined both gimmicks, something called "Neo Quake" if you really want you could make more "Neo" drivers which generally just "upgrade" other drivers, similar to how dash disks work.
Quake driver but better.
Perhaps with a ball bearing in it.
(May. 21, 2023  7:45 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Quake driver but better.

Sadly I don't think this helps all that much. Ball bearings are good for making things spin smoother, but Quake only works because it can push against the ground and hop. Put these two ideas together and you get a weak bearing based driver that just flops over because its base isn't level, but also can't hop either because it doesn't have any traction anymore. It's the worst of both worlds.

Sadly I just don't think these "Quake" styled drivers will ever be a good competitive design no matter what you do to them, though they are fun as heck. Making Operate more like Quake would've been quite fun actually.

Make something like a bearing based Iron with a wide enough base for LAD and then we'd be in business though. JA Industries. has recently shown me how effective this is in PLA, throwing something like this in Burst could be quite entertaining.
(May. 23, 2023  9:45 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 21, 2023  7:45 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Quake driver but better.

Sadly I don't think this helps all that much. Ball bearings are good for making things spin smoother, but Quake only works because it can push against the ground and hop. Put these two ideas together and you get a weak bearing based driver that just flops over because its base isn't level, but also can't hop either because it doesn't have any traction anymore. It's the worst of both worlds.

Sadly I just don't think these "Quake" styled drivers will ever be a good competitive design no matter what you do to them, though they are fun as heck. Making Operate more like Quake would've been quite fun actually.

Make something like a bearing based Iron with a wide enough base for LAD and then we'd be in business though. JA Industries. has recently shown me how effective this is in PLA, throwing something like this in Burst could be quite entertaining.

I'm so sorry MagikHorse... but I meant the Quest Driver from Orb Egis.
It's been so long since I seen the bey, I got its name mixed up with another driver...
(May. 24, 2023  6:17 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(May. 23, 2023  9:45 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Sadly I don't think this helps all that much. Ball bearings are good for making things spin smoother, but Quake only works because it can push against the ground and hop. Put these two ideas together and you get a weak bearing based driver that just flops over because its base isn't level, but also can't hop either because it doesn't have any traction anymore. It's the worst of both worlds.

I'm so sorry MagikHorse... but I meant the Quest Driver from Orb Egis.
It's been so long since I seen the bey, I got its name mixed up with another driver...

That makes more sense. If it didn't wobble so much, maybe it could actually do something useful?
(May. 24, 2023  6:17 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I'm so sorry MagikHorse... but I meant the Quest Driver from Orb Egis.

Quest already has a ball bearing in it
Drift Metal. Give me a metal freespin plate!