If you could make a driver

Not sure how this could actually work, but Kick and Absorb. It would just be kick but the part that touches the stadium also has a spring, and has a gimmick similar to Absorb where the point has a spring as well. This may not be that good in real life and the more I think about it the worse it sounds so I’m going to stop writing so I don’t think about it so it doesn’t sound any worse.

Maybe Friction and Nothing. Basically Nothing but the outside part is rubber.

Friction and Atomic. The white part of friction is just free spin.

Not sure if there would be a point to Liner and Loop (feel free to look those up because I don’t know if anyone has used them before). Liner has a really cool gimmick and Loop basically has the same gimmick so if you add those gimmicks you have three wheels on one beyblade (put that on Curse with the wheel disk and it’s nine). And the gimmick on Liner might help the wheels on Loop actually make contact with the stadium.
(Aug. 15, 2022  11:33 AM)Jymmifay Wrote: Not sure how this could actually work, but Kick and Absorb. It would just be kick but the part that touches the stadium also has a spring, and has a gimmick similar to Absorb where the point has a spring as well. This may not be that good in real life and the more I think about it the worse it sounds so I’m going to stop writing so I don’t think about it so it doesn’t sound any worse.

Maybe Friction and Nothing. Basically Nothing but the outside part is rubber.

Friction and Atomic. The white part of friction is just free spin.

Not sure if there would be a point to Liner and Loop (feel free to look those up because I don’t know if anyone has used them before). Liner has a really cool gimmick and Loop basically has the same gimmick so if you add those gimmicks you have three wheels on one beyblade (put that on Curse with the wheel disk and it’s nine). And the gimmick on Liner might help the wheels on Loop actually make contact with the stadium.

You say "Kick + Absorb", but the way you've described it is much more like "Kick + Absorb + Nothing", which is still cool but doesn't save Kick from being a bad base. Absorb's big thing was locking up to go more aggressive off the start, this design doesn't do that at all and really is more like a two-tiered Nothing instead if I'm reading it right.

Friction + Nothing might be more interesting if it were Friction but the POM tip was spring loaded. Just a rubber ring doesn't do much for Nothing unless you slam it into the stadium on launch to get a touch of speed, but why would you do this?

Friction + Atomic is really more like a POM based Atomic, what you've described feels more like Friction + Gyro to me, but still using Friction's POM ball.

Liner + Loop is asking to lose Stamina. Liner/Liner-S both have use in Classic, but Liner is just heavily prone to spinning at angles and hitting the Loop rollers so often would hurt it a ton. It would be quite poor, worse than the original Liner even. Things like Loop's rollers are meant to save it from falling over, making it more likely to use them means you're losing more spin relying on the gimmick to save you, and the Loop rollers are probably one of the worst ways to do it.
I did mean Atomic with POM and rubber I just explained it terribly.
(Aug. 17, 2022  5:08 AM)Jymmifay Wrote: I did mean Atomic with POM and rubber I just explained it terribly.
The ring on Atomic can't really be swapped out with rubber, it would stop the ball from rotating too easily. That just makes it nonfunctional.
(Aug. 18, 2022  7:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2022  5:08 AM)Jymmifay Wrote: I did mean Atomic with POM and rubber I just explained it terribly.
The ring on Atomic can't really be swapped out with rubber, it would stop the ball from rotating too easily. That just makes it nonfunctional.

Can you let the kid dream?
(Aug. 18, 2022  9:02 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2022  7:59 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: The ring on Atomic can't really be swapped out with rubber, it would stop the ball from rotating too easily. That just makes it nonfunctional.

Can you let the kid dream?

I mention flaws like this to make people think things through better, not to crush dreams. Assuming that he would end up actually trying this some day (I doubt it), either I'm stopping them from making a bad mistake or at the least discussing things so they can think more critically and come up with better ideas.

Like, the base idea of a POM Atomic isn't bad, just the added friction from a rubber ring would slow down the ball no matter how slippery it is and ultimately hinders the design. That's just a fact. Is mentioning that really tantamount to "not letting them dream"? No. No it does not.

(Aug. 18, 2022  5:40 PM)Orange R Wrote: atomic and shot

I don't understand how this one would work either... unless this is sort of like that Ripfire Yard base with a smaller mouseball and the jumping gimmick that makes it run around in something like its Slingshock mode? That's quite an interesting concept, even if I don't think it would be particularly powerful.
i think i would make a driver, similar to the CS tip in the metal saga, but the plastic part on the center would be made of metal, with rubber around it.
(Aug. 18, 2022  5:51 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2022  9:02 AM)kai edits Wrote: Can you let the kid dream?

I mention flaws like this to make people think things through better, not to crush dreams. Assuming that he would end up actually trying this some day (I doubt it), either I'm stopping them from making a bad mistake or at the least discussing things so they can think more critically and come up with better ideas.

Like, the base idea of a POM Atomic isn't bad, just the added friction from a rubber ring would slow down the ball no matter how slippery it is and ultimately hinders the design. That's just a fact. Is mentioning that really tantamount to "not letting them dream"? No. No it does not.

It is ok to mention flaws in peoples ideas to help them improve the ideas.
(Aug. 18, 2022  6:16 PM)AGuyFromBrazil Wrote: i think i would make a driver, similar to the CS tip in the metal saga, but the plastic part on the center would be made of metal, with rubber around it.

Unite Metal would be interesting for sure. That's basically what this would be.
now that i think of it, instead of atomic and shot i would prefer something like atomic or orbit with reboot
(Aug. 19, 2022  10:04 AM)Orange R Wrote: now that i think of it, instead of atomic and shot i would prefer something like atomic or orbit with reboot

It would have to be a very small ball to make it work, but it's possible, the same way that Yard-Ripfire works.
(Aug. 07, 2022  12:50 AM)DeletedYT Wrote: quick' and extreme'
Tightest attack driver and fastest attack driver,this thing would be a beast. Maybe a name like exteuick" or something,im bad at combining names.

Quixtreme
Xtreme'/Quick' but borrows Xtend height change similarly to like CH120 RF from MFB.
Xtend plus with either Unite or Low.

Timeline 1: Xtend and Unite. We all know that Stamina mode is the best mode in real life, so defense and attack mode are almost never used. What if we changed that? To do this all that would need to happen is that we’d need to change the Xtend plus chip to a rubber version. This way the rubber can act as breaks in defense mode and would make the bey more powerful in attack mode. The downsides to this is the fact that attack mode will be even crazier than before, and that it might hinder lad, though it’s not confirmed. Also there might be a wearing down problem.

Timeline 2: Xtend and Low. For this one, instead of swapping out the Xtend plus chip for a rubber version, we swap it out for a metal version. This should increase defense via weight, it would make attack mode more consistent since there’s not as much friction and it might actually also help stamina mode. The downsides are that defense mode might become even more redundant since metal has less friction than plastic and hitting the stadium with metal won’t do anything. Also it is to be seen if it comes with all of low’s balance issues.
(Aug. 19, 2022  6:55 PM)Jiyuu Wrote: Xtreme'/Quick' but borrows Xtend height change similarly to like CH120 RF from MFB.

You're on to something. I'd base it more on Dimension though. More flexibility there.
(Aug. 19, 2022  6:55 PM)Jiyuu Wrote: Xtreme'/Quick' but borrows Xtend height change similarly to like CH120 RF from MFB.

This is just the Slingshock gimmick with Hunter-S and Jolt-S, but seeing it from TT in ' form might make things a bit more interesting.
I want a slow but steady spin steal kinda driver
(Aug. 25, 2022  8:33 PM)Doubledealer Wrote: high quattro metal

i like the idea, but Quattro is tall enough as it is, this would severely unbalance it
(Aug. 26, 2022  7:16 PM)Doubledealer Wrote: how bout high nothing'
this is pretty much the new driver Bounce if it had a wider tip
Bearing+Hold: Essentially what if the awakened Hold was even better?

I mean if Metal Bearing Drift is a thing that can exist Bearing Hold (BH) shouldn't be a problem
(Aug. 28, 2022  10:30 PM)MWF Wrote: Bearing+Hold: Essentially what if the awakened Hold was even better?

I mean if Metal Bearing Drift is a thing that can exist Bearing Hold (BH) shouldn't be a problem

Consider this: Why does MBrDr work? Well, both of them have fixed shafts, wide sharp bases, and generally have similar designs. Drift is, in a sense, a flattened Bearing driver. Combining these is easy, they're already nearly the same short of the angles involved and Drift's plastic guardpiece, so just shape the tip a little differently to fit between the two extremes, use the base Drift body for it, and huzzah! MBrDr!

Hold free spins, so I assume you think that it'll work there too, but the truth is there's a key difference: Hold's shaft isn't fixed in place like Bearing, Drift, or even Gyro, it's allowed to wobble around instead, and this is Hold's defining feature, so it's not really a "Hold" driver without it. Where are you going to put a bearing on that? The most viable point where the shaft and body meet happens to also be its most flexible point, so it has to be able to rotate. You can't fit a normal bearing there and have Hold wobble around, the bearing would lock it into a single fixed axis. At that point it's not really Hold anymore, it's lost Hold's defining feature so it's really just a Bearing someone flattened down. It would be an interesting Flat Bearing variant, but I'd say that would be closer to Assault+Bearing than Hold+Bearing by that point.

There's just not a reasonable way I've come up with to allow it to fit a bearing that can bend around like hold without completely overhauling Hold's base body, and that alternative would likely be fragile anyways. This idea is one that sounds good, but just isn't feasible at all.
(Aug. 25, 2022  8:01 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: I want a slow but steady spin steal kinda driver
you're looking at MBrDr (Metal Bearing Drift)