ITS THE RACING GAMES THREAD

Blue, what's your honest opinion of GT Vs. Forza? Annie loves GT but I want a 360, not a PS3
MKDS = snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake snake WIN
I hardly find any people online anymore :\. I'd have to agree that MKDS is amazing, snaking is pretty fun Wink. It's a lot more fast paced and maneuverable than the other MarioKart games.

Forza is amazing too, haven't played the 2nd but I'm sure it's similar to the first with overhauls in customization and mechanics/physics. The last GT I played was GT3 lolol
I can't snake. Confused
I never bothered learning to snake. It felt like cheating to me.
(Sep. 18, 2008  4:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Blue, what's your honest opinion of GT Vs. Forza? Annie loves GT but I want a 360, not a PS3

In short I say of nextgen (current) Forza is best, but GT 5 prologue its not the full game. so ITs really not a great comparison.

What does annie (get in here!) prefer? simulation? because I still think GT(4) is better at that +, don't try getting 100% completion because it can get menetonous -.
+huge number of cars detail, variety. But AI for me brings it down.
I forgot wheel support +++big deal if she wants real sim. GT4 was great for that, and prologue would be no different.

Forza has better+ gameplay I think in genral, smaller car selection -, nice lighting+, more arcade, better AI but still weird. cool racing line tool+

LONG more specific account, i like

VERDICT: PS2 is still the best choice GT1 2 3 4 are cheap, plus get Toca Race driver 3< often forgoten.

PS: I totally think she'd like motorstorm, best racing gameplay in my books. give ps3 second look
I am a total sim junkie. I'm waiting to have money again before I pick up a wheel. Smile I've got an army of Skylines for racing and Alfas for pleasure drives right now.
F-Zero GX. Without a doubt one of the best racing games on GC (not that there were many...). It was fun to play, but also tough to master. Great tracks and vehicles, plus it had customization. Still one of my favorites.

I loved Burnout 2: Point of Impact as well and it was a shame when I heard the next installment wouldn't be on GC. I've played a few of the more recent ones after that, but never owned those.
Lately, I've been considering getting Burnout Paradise, but I'm wondering when Criterion might release the next one and If I should just wait for that instead. I'm guessing that with all the possible updates through XBL DLC, Paradise will still be around for quite a while though.

I kinda suck at MKDS, but I still like it better than DD!!. It just really sucks that CPU players get so lucky with the items often...
(Sep. 18, 2008  12:00 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Lately, I've been considering getting Burnout Paradise, but I'm wondering when Criterion might release the next one and If I should just wait for that instead. I'm guessing that with all the possible updates through XBL DLC, Paradise will still be around for quite a while though.

I wouldn't wait for the next Burnout, Paradise just came out in February.
I heard its only $29.99 at some places,
and the DLC looks SICK.
Mario Kart or Speed Racer DS for me.
I liked the burnout series until I got "You are 14 seconds ahead" "HE'S RIGHT ON YOUR TAIL" in milliseconds apart from each other, realising the game was cheap difficulty.

Also how the cars in that game and NFS slow down in front if you go slower.

MKGrinS has always been good but I gotta say I preferred MKGrinD more than anything. Played it with LAN back in t3h day Joyful_3
(Sep. 18, 2008  4:40 AM)Roo Wrote: I never bothered learning to snake. It felt like cheating to me.

It hurts my fingers, and isn't worth the effort. I wish people just wouldn't snake.

downloading the Bikes Pack for Burnout Paradise right now. Smile
Man, forget all this Mario Kart, I never had as much fun playing a video game as I did with Crash Team Racing. The non-Naughty Dog games like Nitro Kart, and Tag-Team aren't as fun, and lack a certain level of polish it would have been given if Naughty Dog developed them.
For those who read the long article on Forza Vs GT, Forza now has DLC.

You can buy the Forza Platinum Hits version for $20 and get most if not all of the current DLCs. Includes tracks, cars, etc.

Driving line tool is very very helpful. I just recently turned it off so I could try relying on my own skills.

AI on Forza is okay. While there are usually 7 opponents (then you which makes a total of 8 cars on races), most of them have different drive styles. Some are very shy and will not attack when you left a wide opening for them.

Others will tap you, bump you, hit you, and just downright be aggressive with every chance they get. That said, I kind of get a driver personality from their style.

I kind of want just a LITTLE bit more customization, almost like how a real car would be tuned.

edit: for tl;dr peeps i basically just supported the fact that i am a forza freak
I actually liked Mario Kart Double Dash better than Mario Kart DS, mainly because I thought that the WiFi on MKDS sucked with the easy cheating and all. I don't know since I haven't played it yet, but I'll probably like MKWii, too. I also like the old Rush 2049(or whatever), Need for Speed: Carbon, and Burnout Paradise.
KoD I played F-zero on GC. Yea I thought it looked and played great. Very cool tracks. I also love F-zero for GBA, anyone played that? I put quite a few hours in that, the controls are tight.
How about Extreme G anyone?

(Sep. 19, 2008  12:17 AM)bugturtles Wrote: For those who read the long article on Forza Vs GT, Forza now has DLC.

You can buy the Forza Platinum Hits version for $20 and get most if not all of the current DLCs. Includes tracks, cars, etc.

Driving line tool is very very helpful. I just recently turned it off so I could try relying on my own skills.

AI on Forza is okay. While there are usually 7 opponents (then you which makes a total of 8 cars on races), most of them have different drive styles. Some are very shy and will not attack when you left a wide opening for them.

Others will tap you, bump you, hit you, and just downright be aggressive with every chance they get. That said, I kind of get a driver personality from their style.

I kind of want just a LITTLE bit more customization, almost like how a real car would be tuned.

edit: for tl;dr peeps i basically just supported the fact that i am a forza freak

thanks for posting your review. I was waitn foit son

FFFor those with a PS3 Wipeout HD is dropping soon and looks to b mad Hot.!
Race Pro for the 360 looks promising. However the release for it is in November of this year.. Unhappy

In other news, here's some Forza updates. (a bit late considering the article date, but I am still a Forza freak)

Forza 3!?

A mode dedicated to drift? I'm hyped.

Hopefully there won't only be a show-drift kind of mode, and will include some touge (cat and mouse and any other variants on a downhill anyone?!).

Nurburgring is the only thing Forza 2 has as a downhill, and it's pretty much only specific straights and corner sections. Unhappy
Dude motorstorm is looking nuts!
check this commercial I didn't thinkit was real http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/2...-invasion/
midnight club LA is worth playing. It is a rush of speed and cool cars.
http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/
see for your self.
(Oct. 27, 2008  4:18 AM)tubaman Wrote: midnight club LA is worth playing. It is a rush of speed and cool cars.
http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclubLA/
see for your self.

DO you have it??? if so what are you impressions?
I played my share of Dub Edition and Im considering LA. I know how. super. hard. the series is.
yes cant put it down. it is better than Dub but a lot harder. the car list seems small but the cars that are here are very good. the new camara views are cool and work well. you will love it if you enjoyed dub.
Has anyone else played the Smurf kart racer for PS1? It was really something.
Motorstorm Pacific Rift is Barrels of Fun, guys. Its quite different from MS, but I like it. While i think MS looked ahead of its time, and track design was great and looked the part, Pacific Rift's tracks are Jaw Dropping at speed (paused, could use some AA) esp mixed in with their lighting. totally eye candy. game play is still solid, but you slide more hahaha

Really my only gripe is the crashes are different, namely lacking explosions, those are saved for when you over heat boosting. Also splitscreen definatly increases the legs of the game.

will post ingame shots soon.

anyway, Anybody been racing in some game lately?
m&m kart racing
forza 2, driving around with BMW's M3 (my uncle suggests this to me as a good car so i might as well [also he has an m3 too lmfao]) (i like M3s in alpine white, pretty fresh)

kind of excited for both forza 3 and race pro next year, but most likely i will be going with forza (unless race pro is far far better). really looking for a track editor and a "corner/turn" practice mode (lmao blue's idea)

moto gp 08 demo

for the above demo it's kinda weird. i can't really powerslide unlike in 07. driving (riding!?) line is different as compared to cars and i noticed this the hard way in-game. i tend to brake early before the turn, then when i am in the turn i accelerate mildly then floor it. does not help to have the person i am playing as start in the 18th (last position) at the start of the race.

main reason why i'm playing moto gp 07/08 is because i want to get eased into bike racing (don't worry, i'm still into racing with cars and karts). i'm planning on buying a minibike soon to race at VIR, so when i get enough money i'll get a midibike because that's bigger so i don't have to scrunch up LOL.

i should go out and buy burnout paradise, mainly because of bikes and i can crash things with no penalty. (however i'll get live before i do so, and will probably get live soon)
sounds good BT. but you don't have a ps2? Tourist Trophy is a good bike sim, if a bit dry(like Gt4, it grinds). oh im sure ther is toca race driver 3 you can getttttttttt...

yo afaik theres quite a few of us with burnout, so we should try to organise a game night, zeeen

Hamix200 (darkblader)
SK
Kei
Me?

any others on psn. kei i sent you a msg BTW! even though you gotta tv you aint on lolo