ITS THE RACING GAMES THREAD

IMO this is long overdue, discuss any racing games old or new.

I'll start by saying I finished playing through Motorstorm.
I really thought they brought fun back to racing, not to mention its off road and graphics still look awsome.

Gameplay wise, I only remeber enjoying NFS Most Wanted as much or the first GTs. Part of that puzzle is the great (if hard/frustrating AI), they screw up, screw you up, and are never far behind. Very exciting.
Crashes are better than Burnout...

I your a racing fan with a ps3 you should have it, least play it.

VRROOOOMM.
The only racing game that matters to me is Burnout.

I've been a huge fan of the series since Burnout 2: Point of Impact and its just gotten better and better with each successive release.

Burnout Paradise is in my eyes the best racing game, arcade or sim, to be released this console generation.
I got pretty sucked into the Forza games as they where released.
I liked Burnout Dominator on PSP. It was actually a game I'd consider buying.
The closest thing to a racing game I played was sonic Riders =3. Other than that I played my friens Need for speed Carbon.
RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCER

Just had to do it Tongue_out_wink

I love NFS MW
^I am hoping for Undercover to be gooood. EA has a roll going on, so i'd like to see them restore this francise. you know the irl cinematics are very cool to me. sure they can be cheesy, but Its kinda original for racing to have a story.
BUTTTTT I am really hyped for Motorstorm now. I keep thinking of the trailer, god-Sik.

(Sep. 16, 2008  5:24 PM)Roan Wrote: The only racing game that matters to me is Burnout.

I've been a huge fan of the series since Burnout 2: Point of Impact and its just gotten better and better with each successive release.

Funny I still see Revenge as the best whole game. Despite the load times, things like crash mode, traffic attack(or use of hitting cars for takedowns), ranks lol, the awsome rating-boost, soundtrack (while paradise ps3 no custom sntrk) made it awsome bar nothing. Faster pace too.

that said Paradise is amazing in its scope but lacks some polish. I really do not dig the soundtrack. the crashes are sometimes sweet, but love if they took some tips from motorstorm.
Road rules are pretty lameTired its fun for awhile, but for all those roads... stunt runs really ain that special either.
BUT probably the funnest part is for me is the marked man event, OMG those exhaust notess! Plus bikes on thursday willl be so sickkk. DLC is top notch for sure.
(Sep. 16, 2008  10:24 PM)James Wrote: The closest thing to a racing game I played was sonic Riders =3. Other than that I played my friens Need for speed Carbon.

You've played Sonic Riders and NFS and the closest thing to a racing game you've played is Sonic Riders?
(Sep. 16, 2008  5:24 PM)Roan Wrote: The only racing game that matters to me is Burnout.

Burnout Paradise is in my eyes the best racing game, arcade or sim, to be released this console generation.

personally I think that after Burnout 3, the series didn't really improve.
That is until Paradise came out.

Burnout 3 remains to be my favorite for PS2.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Burnout Paradise are the only racing games that matter to me. I've beaten MW twice and am currently working on Burnout Paradise (and probably will be forever with all of the updates Criterion keeps cranking out!).

Looking forward to Undercover.
(Sep. 17, 2008  12:33 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:

I feel the exact same, except for the xbox.
I hear Test Drive: Unlimited was pretty cool, but I never played it on account of my PS3-ness, and not liking racing games on PC.
Forza 2 is great for all the greasemonkies and tuner fanatics. Great looking cars, customizable, etc.

Same with Gran Turismo, but I've never really played that (PS3 Unhappy ).

I wish the 360 could use that Logitech wheel. It's got a clutch pedal and stickshift. Will give me a more realistic feel.

Could I use such a wheel with an adapter or something?

edit: I shall ask around to see if I can use the XFPS 3 Sniper Plus adapter to use the G25 Wheel (the wheel referred above). It could use PS2 wheels etc and computer keyboard/mouse setup. Amazing.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming...1&cl=us,en

(Sep. 17, 2008  1:48 AM)Evan Wrote:

I feel the exact same, except for the xbox.

Really! 3; Takedown is better than Revenge??

I played Grid yesterday, don't care for it. Maybe the demo is broken..
yo BT what about PGR? ive been impressed
PGR didn't really impress me that much from the demo. tbh.

But bikes are fun.
You know what was an AMAZING racing game. Mario Kart Wii. I had AWESOME tracks, controls, characters, online play. And don't forget the Wii Wheel. That was the best and of course the coolest way to play it. Hands down GOTY material.
(Sep. 17, 2008  12:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2008  10:24 PM)James Wrote: The closest thing to a racing game I played was sonic Riders =3. Other than that I played my friens Need for speed Carbon.

You've played Sonic Riders and NFS and the closest thing to a racing game you've played is Sonic Riders?

I meant the closest racing game that I own... My friend has NFS =P
While Mario Kart is fun and I give it props for some hectic crazy fun, I did not like it as much as I thought I would.

The wheel is just a plastic sheet molded like a donut. Unhappy
(Sep. 18, 2008  12:19 AM)bugturtles Wrote: While Mario Kart is fun and I give it props for some hectic crazy fun, I did not like it as much as I thought I would.

The wheel is just a plastic sheet molded like a donut. Unhappy

MKWii was such a disappointment. I regret the purchase every day.
MK: DS is where it's at.
MKDS is one of my favourite racing games hands down. I haven't played it in ages though.
(Sep. 18, 2008  12:37 AM)Roo Wrote: MKDS is one of my favourite racing games hands down. I haven't played it in ages though.

Yeeeessss.

I am a carp BEAST at that game.
I've liked pretty much all of the Mario Kart games, going all the way back to Super Mario Kart. Can't decide which version I prefer though.
MKDS is easily the best version.

That or MK64. MKWii was carp lame, and Double Dash, while still pretty good, is outclassed by MKDS.
Wherrez the Polyphony luv, the luv, the luv?
If you forget Gran Turismo 1 and 2 were thee carp! really love them both. revolutionary imo
Dude special note is the awsome menu music in the first game. OMG.

However I do kinda think GT series lost it way with 4 (haven't played enough of 3) it got bogged down with endless grind of races, while forza came out swinging with some interesting innovations. the Engine was AMAZING though bar nothing else on PS2 or Xbox.

I really hope GT 5 is a return to form.
Based on looks only, a replay falls in and out of looking like live TV. Its F#&*in stunning to see a yellow Ferrari drift.
Any others anticipate this game?