I missed this game. Alot.

After letting my old blades collect dust for several years (since around the first wave of Hasbro HMS to be exact), my interest in the game has been re-sparked. Basically, I was with some friends yesterday playing air hockey, one of them started spinning the paddle, the subject of Beyblade popped up. Said conversation ended after a lot of reminiscing and agreement that we should hold a mini tournament amongst ourselves.
Anyways, I started playing the game around the time it was released in the US around age 10(?) and played religiously with the small amount of people in the area who played as well. After a few years, my interest began to fade when I moved to another town and had nobody to battle with other than my cousin. I went to the 2004 Blader Jam aboard the USS Intrepid in NYC, but lost to my third opponent due to my blade falling apart. Two years or so later, my interest in the game ceased to exist completely until yesterday. Luckily, most of my collection remained intact in the back of my closet and I've only noticed a few missing parts.
As for my community involvement over the years, I've been a part of several of the more popular ones at their times but due to my age back then, was unable to contribute too much to them. Some names that I remember include Anubis and of course, Brad. (Great job at keeping the community close for so many years by the way)

Sorry for the wall of text. Can't sleep and I really don't have much else to do. Glad to see that blading is still going on strong after so many years.
Welcome to the WBO! enjoy your time here, hopefully you will be on the site a lot.
Have you heard of the new series 'Metal fight beyblade' ?
Thanks, and yeah. I've been doing a bit of research into what I've missed over the past few years and that has popped up quite a few times. First thing that I noticed was the lack of Tyson which is an improvement in itself. I'll assume some sort of new system was released with it?
Yep, there is a new system. Just read around Beyblade General and check this out: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...t_Beyblade

Welcome back to Bey Smile
Welcome back to blading & the WBO Grin
Welcome dude Grin
Welcome to the WBO! How old are you right now? You should add yourself to the Map so people know exactly where you are, and if there is someone close to you, perhaps you could battle!Joyful_2
The East Coast Championships was 2003, actually. Makes me feel like an old fart. :<

T'was a fun day, though. :o

Welcome back. :] It's always nice to see a veteran blader back in the game. I take it you're from New York (or close to it) since you were on the intrepid, right? You should check into the End Game Tournament. There's going to be a nice amount of Beybladers showing up. Smile Should even bring your buddies that you spoke of.
Welcome Tongue_out
welcome to wbo Smile
Welcome and make sure to have fun with beyblades once again.Cute
Welcome to WBO! Glad you found us Smile You should get some of your friends to join.

btw don't forget to check out MFB Wink
Welcome to WBO,welcmome back to bladin' again ^^ XD
Welcome! Tongue_out

It's great to see veterans returning to the game. Hope you learn lots and enjoy yourself!
Hey! Welcome, glad to see you know about the game already!
What a heartfelt introductory post. Welcome back. Joyful_3
Welcome to the WBO! Glad that you found us and that you've gotten back into the game. =)
(Apr. 11, 2009  11:44 AM)Driger Wrote: Welcome to the WBO! How old are you right now? You should add yourself to the Map so people know exactly where you are, and if there is someone close to you, perhaps you could battle!Joyful_2

17 years old now, as of February.

(Apr. 11, 2009  12:43 PM)Deikailo Wrote: The East Coast Championships was 2003, actually. Makes me feel like an old fart. :<

T'was a fun day, though. :o

Welcome back. :] It's always nice to see a veteran blader back in the game. I take it you're from New York (or close to it) since you were on the intrepid, right?
It was 2003? I remember being in 6th grade when the tournament happened which was 5 years ago. Also, I'm not from New York, but from Massachusetts. Traveled to NYC for the tournament.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the welcome. Let's see how long my interest in the game is retained this time around. On a side note, that tournament among my friends has widened up a bit. It is going to be hosted by our town's teen center so hopefully others who still have old parts lying around will join in. If any of them consider actually returning to Bey outside of the tournament, I will be sure to direct them to this site.
Hey, you should post up a topic about the tournament your holding, maybe some members could come as well.
(Apr. 13, 2009  1:06 AM)Randgris Wrote: Anyways, thanks to everyone for the welcome. Let's see how long my interest in the game is retained this time around. On a side note, that tournament among my friends has widened up a bit. It is going to be hosted by our town's teen center so hopefully others who still have old parts lying around will join in. If any of them consider actually returning to Bey outside of the tournament, I will be sure to direct them to this site.

Yeah, you should definately get them to sign up if they're still interested in Beyblade, so you can all participate in WBO ranked battles and get some beypoints.
(Apr. 13, 2009  1:06 AM)Randgris Wrote: 17 years old now, as of February.

It was 2003? I remember being in 6th grade when the tournament happened which was 5 years ago. Also, I'm not from New York, but from Massachusetts. Traveled to NYC for the tournament.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the welcome. Let's see how long my interest in the game is retained this time around. On a side note, that tournament among my friends has widened up a bit. It is going to be hosted by our town's teen center so hopefully others who still have old parts lying around will join in. If any of them consider actually returning to Bey outside of the tournament, I will be sure to direct them to this site.
You should see if you can't travel to the End Game Tournament on the 25th. We'd love to have you with us. :]