I'm Going to build a new website

But i'm having Problems:

1. I want to make it a website based on anime, manga, Comic books, Western animation, video games & computers, but i don't know where to find the people to help.

2. I'm also not sure what website maker, forum software, web host and domain maker to use because i don't have any money and i want to use the best stuff for free.

3. I also want it to be a sucess, but i'm worried that it may flop.

Can you help me?

( P.S, i'll mention this website! )
umm newaccounts.freewebs.com/?referer=cjb
good luck with whatever.
(Nov. 21, 2008  5:39 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: umm newaccounts.freewebs.com/?referer=cjb
good luck with whatever.

I want to use something better than freewebs
(Nov. 21, 2008  5:32 PM)revertedtozero Wrote: 2. I'm also not sure what website maker

3. I also want it to be a sucess

There's your problem. Learn HTML. Before you ask me where, www.google.com okay? Joyful_3

You have to learn HTML some time to make a good website. =D

Upload at geocities or bravenet or somewhere, paid ones are generally better because they don't have to work off of advertisements. You can get a .co.nr url redirect from a website (again google it) but if you really want visitors, try and get a .com site that will be looked up a lot.

Oh, and don't make "coming soon" pages, they're REALLY annoying. Try and only host once you have something worth putting up.

Hope that helped!

EDIT: In all essence, 1. google it for help.
2. I'm pretty sure I answered that.
3. If you feel you won't work hard at it and continue to enjoy making it, don't make it.
A list of tools and places you can use:

+Macromedia Dreamweaver || creating layouts
+Photoshop or GIMP (free) || Image creation
+Atspace || Webhost
+GoDaddy || Domain & webhost
+Photobucket || Image storage
+Invisionfree is good to use for a free forum || alternatively PHPBB is pretty good
+As for the site going dead, can't help you there. You need to think about your target area. I got my site popular from back when OTC was around. I just used word of mouth and search engines. Some forums allow you to post your websites in dedicated forums. You can also place your site in your signature on forums as like I have done =D.
Make sure you talk about Green Lantern and Darkwing Duck.
I second learnign HTML, it aint so hard.
I am so tired of flash being used. have a nice Navi side bar too.
flash websites are the worst
(Nov. 22, 2008  6:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: flash websites are the worst

hey man

you should see the one I am creating for school, it rocks.
seriously i really really hate flash

it takes forever to load and you can't copy and save things like you should be able to

my favourite japanese shopping site is in flash and it makes me want to kill myself
(Nov. 22, 2008  7:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: seriously i really really hate flash

it takes forever to load and you can't copy and save things like you should be able to

my favourite japanese shopping site is in flash and it makes me want to kill myself

Lol

By copy and save things, do you mean text and images? If the text is dynamic (which it probably will be on a regularly updated flash website), you should still be able to copy+paste the text.
(Nov. 22, 2008  6:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: flash websites are the worst

Don't Worry brad 0Smile ! My website won't be run on flash, HTML. i'll only use flash if i have to.