How do I change My WPA key to a WEP key?

I want to be able to get my Nintendo DS on Wi-Fi again as It stopped working once our BTHomeHub was updated to the newest version.
I know it's because It has a WPA key instead of a WEP key and I was wondering how I can change it?
I'm a noob when it comes to computers so If anyone could help that would be great thanks!
Go to start > Control Panel > Then Network settings > THEN choose your router properties > Copy your I.P. Address and paste it in your browser

So basically you have to copy your I.P. Address and paste it in your browser
You have to know your Router User name and Password.

Then do some messing around to make it WEP. (Im only 10 so im not allowed to go to my router settings :p, so do some carp in your settings - you have to change WAP to WEP. The only bad thing is - WAP is safer than WEP internet.

Once your done, send me your friend codes (Via PM) Wink always willing to play DS!

Sheesh im clever at computers Speechless
Thanks for this I'll try it out and see what I can do lol.
Personally, I think it's way easier just to go onto ebay and buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. Once the program is uploaded to your computer, you plug the Wi-Fi Connector into a USB port on your computer.

It does the same as logging on through your router, only it takes less time and is more certain to work.
haha funny Artie, I love that thing.
Anyway I'm just gonna buy the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.
Easiest way for a dumbass like me to be able to get on wi-fi.
You're pretty lazy man. I found this in about two minutes.

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?&p_faqid=10360&cat_lvl1=346&cat_lvl2=502&p_cv=2.502&p_cats=346,502

Follow the steps, but change it to WEP instead of WPA.
Thats not what I want though I want to change My WPA to WEP, thats how to change WEP to WPA.
EDIT: I guess i could just do it the other way round >.> durrr stupid me.
(Feb. 23, 2009  12:47 AM)Blitz Wrote: Thats not what I want though I want to change My WPA to WEP, thats how to change WEP to WPA.

holy carp try reading the entire three lines of my post
Ok you can lock this now or w/e I've done it
thanks.
Glad you got it working so you don't have to spend $20 on Nintendo's crappy adapter.
Yeh thanks for that, don't really have the money to spend on a nintendo adapter after losing my PS3 controllers & COD5. This gives me something to do tomoz on my day off as well ^^.
Oh i forgot it was a BTHomeHub
was it really necessary to bump this topic with that?
(Feb. 21, 2009  8:39 PM)Driger Wrote: Go to start > Control Panel > Then Network settings > THEN choose your router properties > Copy your I.P. Address and paste it in your browser

So basically you have to copy your I.P. Address and paste it in your browser
You have to know your Router User name and Password.

Then do some messing around to make it WEP. (Im only 10 so im not allowed to go to my router settings :p, so do some carp in your settings - you have to change WAP to WEP. The only bad thing is - WAP is safer than WEP internet.

Once your done, send me your friend codes (Via PM) Wink always willing to play DS!

Sheesh im clever at computers Speechless
lol, amazing that a 10 year old knows this. i don't even know what WEP is
I would have to suggest what Grey did. Buy a USB connector, I wouldn't risk switching from WEP to WPA.

EDIT: Read post #12