Homemade Final Drive

I can upload it to my YT Account, full credit to you!
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:11 AM)Beylon Wrote: Find me an embedded video host where I don't have to sign up with an account and I'll think about it. I really hate giving video hosts my details... Grrr!

do you have a google account? cause if u do you can sign up to youtube with that...

also can i be sorta a partner of you? cause i have some ideas, but not the equipment to make it, however i fell you would, also i can make plastic parts with the hot glue gun, so i could make stuff, if you wanted me to make whole new parts...
also did you say you needed help with the phantom fox concept? i've been trying to make a plastic one, so if you need any help just ask
(Aug. 07, 2011  9:53 AM)Nwolf Wrote: ...did you say you needed help with the phantom fox concept? i've been trying to make a plastic one, so if you need any help just ask

Funny you should mention that as I've had some success today. Please observe the fully functional and really freaking dangerous Phantom Fox remake:

[Image: ncnlvp.png]

This thing is a monster! Weighing 101.2 grams, it uses launcher prongs as a spin track. However, launcher prongs are designed to translate the rotational energy of the beyblade into downward kinetic force by an approximate factor of 50% (that's the 45 degree slope on the back of each prong). When you're holding the launcher with your hand normally, most of that force is directed straight into the bey itself, pushing it down to the arena floor (rather than flicking off to one side or another). But in Phantom Fox, there is no 'hand' holding the upper wheel. Furthermore there's the arena floor now stopping the launched bey from moving downward any further...

So where does all the spin track force go?

Yeah... Upward into the air.

This bey is really dangerous and I cannot urge you NOT to build one enough. Basically, it's really difficult to get the upper wheel to stay in the arena - which is why I'm now using a big bucket with slopey sides to test. On the first run, the upper wheel hit me in the face. Ouch. Second run, I dented a wall. But finally I got something like a video, which I have attempted to post below. I missed the actual 'splitting' but I'll get a better video soon.

VIDEO OF THE PHANTOM FOX REMAKE

You'll also notice the video has a different upper wheel to the pics... That's because I was using one of those fakes for testing (just in case it exploded again).
BRO YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME.
You MUST put this on Youtube. If you make that look professional, you will get a LOT, and I mean a LOT of views. You'd be an original thing! Sign up for a YT Partnership, and BAM money! Then you can use that money for even more stuff to build beys with, along with buying anything you want! Also, that Phantom Fox remake looks so freaking awesome, I can't wait to see ANY of these in action Grin
Phantom Fox was quite nice.

I wanted to see people actually molding their own metal, plastic, and such.
This is so creative! Good job! About the phantom fox ms thing, i made one with mfb. I taped two beys together, put a spring between the top beys bottom and bottom beys face to reduce impact. When i launched it, and another bey hit it, eventually, the spring got loose and popped the other one right into battle.
Ya but that's technically not DIY...
(Aug. 08, 2011  4:08 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Ya but that's technically not DIY...

Wouldn't be so sure about that... Tape is something I simply had not considered with the last idea and it makes me wonder - what about something like velcro? A thin velcro disk might be enough to stop the bey splitting in two until it is hit. Trouble would be how to encorporate it into the clear wheel....? Food for thought.

BeybladeStation: I appreciate the offer to help with videos and such too - call me paranoid but I'm a pretty big fan of TinyPic. Pet hate for Youtube or something. Whatever.
(Aug. 08, 2011  3:44 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Phantom Fox was quite nice.

funny you should say that, i've just made a mold of M-dranzer, and am planning on filling it with hot glue, it as a slightly rubbery consistancy, however that could help, and it would give it a bit more weight to increase the decrease the chance of stadium out, hey beylon, wanna be a team? i can make the plastic parts, and you can make the more technical stuff...
(Aug. 08, 2011  4:04 PM)Nwolf Wrote: funny you should say that, i've just made a mold of M-dranzer, and am planning on filling it with hot glue, it as a slightly rubbery consistancy, however that could help, and it would give it a bit more weight to increase the decrease the chance of stadium out, hey beylon, wanna be a team? i can make the plastic parts, and you can make the more technical stuff...

Well I dunno about teaming up, what with the internet's physical divide and all - but I'd love to see your Dranzer mold! If we can share techniques, it'd surley bust out some great results - no problem there!

What did you use to make your first mold? I had thought about cutting up some store-bought flower-pots - because the plastic in those doesn't stick to stuff when it melts and dries again. It also has a higher melting point than glue (about 300degC - just use the home oven?).

Also... I've got a new video of the custom turbo engine gear in action. Check out the link to see its downfall against Burn Leone:

CUSTOM TURBO ENGINE GEAR IN ACTION

Enjoy!
(double posting awesomeness - sorry about that, but I do have something cool to add)

[Image: ivbdy1.png]

This is the "Chasm" metal wheel. It may just look like a few washers slapped together from the picture but hopefully the video will show otherwise. The idea is based on the success of Evil Aquario 100D, which is a good destabilizer. The fights are long and tedious - but they do have their moments (Custom Phantom Fox MS).

http://youtu.be/7yB86hMG228

I truly feel this is the best custom I have made so far. Phantom Fox was pretty successful - but it weighed about 150gm. With Chasm Aries, the success is in the subtlety. I'm trying to stick the the Robot Fighting Legue 'Flea' weight category of 75gm - for the day beyblades become robots - and a minimum spin time of 3mins.

Enjoy!

(You'll also notice I completely backflipped on the YouTube debate... What can I say? I'm a backflipper.)
hhm, my mold worked, but i need something better than hot glue, i guess i could try that, but yea, i can do one thing! i've dcided to make an imitation of the shredder wheel for my wolborg BB, or making a light metal wheel, but not using metal, just card and acetate
Beylon, do you know how a bearing works? Im looking to make one, but I don't know how to make the tip spin independently.
You mean like this?

http://ameblo.jp/1974-mshr/image-1098097...44912.html

You can pull these things (ball bearings) out of scooter wheels from Kmart or Target. They need a LOT of grease. The trick is trying to fit them to the bey itself. In the past, I have relied on 'magic' parts which just randomly have the right config to make the bearing work - like the yoyo casing in the OP. I have a scooter wheel around here somewhere. Might give it a try.

Or you could just wait for Phantom Orion.....?

EDIT:

Nwolf: got some pictures of your mold? It just occured to me that the hot-glue idea might solve the "attach bearing to bey" issue. If you could selectively mold the glue around the bearing and the bey at once, it might 'clamp' the two together (like the skin on a battery).
holy carp man, you are a really good beyblade mechanic, like, actually fur reals!
Everyone wants you to put your videos on their account! Tongue_out
i can always video record the mold, and show what it turned out like, the problem with hot glue is that it cools to fast and in the end you can't normally get what you wanted out of it, also my shredder part works! it's inivislbe, now i just need to reinforce it so it's actually useful
Hmmm.....I'm gonna try this. Lemme go rob a wheel from a scooter lol.
Got a new vid of the Custom Phantom Fox...

http://youtu.be/8kT3Ud9CsT4

Enjoy!

Edit: (embed fail!)
hm, the shredder wheel is doing fine, but because of the design a bey tournament i hardly have time for it
(Aug. 08, 2011  3:44 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Phantom Fox was quite nice.

*psst* Wink
I'm planning a big project for my YouTube channel, JBladerMS. I'm going to recast HMS (and some plastic) beyblades in full metal. If I can get my hands on a 3D printer, which I doubt, I'm going to model my own system of beyblade, and cast them in metal as well.
I know an all metal blade will have a lot of recoil, but I've always fantasized about a full metal beyblade.