Hold’ vs Volcanic’

(Jan. 21, 2020  2:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:29 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: As an owner of awakened Vl', I'd like to disagree. The ability to stall for an long time on the ridge prevents mobile attackers to chase them down.

Interesting, although maybe a tilted launch with the Mobile Attack combo could result in a big snipe shot. The videos I've seen about it show how easily it gets beat down once it gets hit by a solid attack.

Another case could be Vl' not having enough time to tornado stall. The mobile attack has a shot at beating the Vl' combo.

Edit: Because of the nature of awakened Vl', it takes sometime to start stalling.
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:37 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Edit: Because of the nature of awakened Vl', it takes sometime to start stalling.

You can slightly move your hand to the side as you flat launch to push the Vl' on the direction it needs to stall. It starts the stall immediately.

Its easier to do in a left spin layer since I usually hold the launcher in the left hand and pull the string with the right. If I'm using a right spin layer I need to use a grip so the string gets pulled towards me and I can move the launcher to the right as I pull.
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:52 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:37 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Edit: Because of the nature of awakened Vl', it takes sometime to start stalling.

You can slightly move your hand to the side as you flat launch to push the Vl' on the direction it needs to stall. It starts the stall immediately.

Its easier to do in a left spin layer since I usually hold the launcher in the left hand and pull the string with the right. If I'm using a right spin layer I need to use a grip so the string gets pulled towards me and I can move the launcher to the right as I pull.

Yes. Launching Vl' on the rim is the right way to do it.

I forgot to specify that you can do it.
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:29 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: As an owner of awakened Vl', I'd like to disagree. The ability to stall for an long time on the ridge prevents mobile attackers to chase them down.

Interesting, although maybe a tilted launch with the Mobile Attack combo could result in a big snipe shot. The videos I've seen about it show how easily it gets beat down once it gets hit by a solid attack.

Yeah wait, I was saying for the opposite spin matches I think Vl' only beats Bearing. It's supposed to excel against Mobile Attack combos. Wouldn't Hold' have the same problem here?
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:19 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  2:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Interesting, although maybe a tilted launch with the Mobile Attack combo could result in a big snipe shot. The videos I've seen about it show how easily it gets beat down once it gets hit by a solid attack.

Yeah wait, I was saying for the opposite spin matches I think Vl' only beats Bearing. It's supposed to excel against Mobile Attack combos. Wouldn't Hold' have the same problem here?

Unless your Hold' copy has quite the slippery/loose free-spinning plate akin to an awakened Volcanic', it shouldn't have too much of a problem as the flat tip of H'has less exposure to the stadium floor compared to Vl', hence it will be less aggressive/mobile on the right combos (ex. LC hS.0W.H')
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:19 AM)Armor Wrote: Yeah wait, I was saying for the opposite spin matches I think Vl' only beats Bearing. It's supposed to excel against Mobile Attack combos. Wouldn't Hold' have the same problem here?

Unless your Hold' copy has quite the slippery/loose free-spinning plate akin to an awakened Volcanic', it shouldn't have too much of a problem as the flat tip of H'has less exposure to the stadium floor compared to Vl', hence it will be less aggressive/mobile on the right combos (ex. LC hS.0W.H')

Uh, I was talking about against Mobile Attack combos. Especially if your combo is just sitting in the center here, should be easy prey for our KO attackers.
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:26 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:24 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Unless your Hold' copy has quite the slippery/loose free-spinning plate akin to an awakened Volcanic', it shouldn't have too much of a problem as the flat tip of H'has less exposure to the stadium floor compared to Vl', hence it will be less aggressive/mobile on the right combos (ex. LC hS.0W.H')

Uh, I was talking about against Mobile Attack combos. Especially if your combo is just sitting in the center here, should be easy prey for our KO attackers.

Ahh ok. Well, I'd just launch harder to make the Hold' combo tornado stall at a faster revolution. It having a lowered height compared to Vl' makes it have more KO resistance even against mobile attackers, at least from what I have used before.
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:26 AM)Armor Wrote: Uh, I was talking about against Mobile Attack combos. Especially if your combo is just sitting in the center here, should be easy prey for our KO attackers.

Ahh ok. Well, I'd just launch harder to make the Hold' combo tornado stall at a faster revolution. It having a lowered height compared to Vl' makes it have more KO resistance even against mobile attackers, at least from what I have used before.

That makes sense. We both still have to worry about them flat launching though... *shudders*
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:44 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Ahh ok. Well, I'd just launch harder to make the Hold' combo tornado stall at a faster revolution. It having a lowered height compared to Vl' makes it have more KO resistance even against mobile attackers, at least from what I have used before.

That makes sense. We both still have to worry about them flat launching though... *shudders*

Still really depends on what Layers you'd be up against, especially rubberized ones that really can eff your H'/Vl' combo up on a mobile attack setup. It's basically luck and deception if that happens. In that case, it'd probably best to use something like JD.0W.H'/Vl' or JA.Bl.H'/Vl' Goku (or Go if you have the RBV 19 release with Heaven Joker)
(Jan. 21, 2020  4:23 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  3:44 AM)Armor Wrote: That makes sense. We both still have to worry about them flat launching though... *shudders*

Still really depends on what Layers you'd be up against, especially rubberized ones that really can eff your H'/Vl' combo up on a mobile attack setup. It's basically luck and deception if that happens. In that case, it'd probably best to use something like JD.0W.H'/Vl' or JA.Bl.H'/Vl' Goku (or Go if you have the RBV 19 release with Heaven Joker)

Wait you're running an attack setup on these drivers?
(Jan. 21, 2020  9:46 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  4:23 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Still really depends on what Layers you'd be up against, especially rubberized ones that really can eff your H'/Vl' combo up on a mobile attack setup. It's basically luck and deception if that happens. In that case, it'd probably best to use something like JD.0W.H'/Vl' or JA.Bl.H'/Vl' Goku (or Go if you have the RBV 19 release with Heaven Joker)

Wait you're running an attack setup on these drivers?

Yeah, I treat Drivers mainly for their intended purposes and make combos based on what they can do, but surprisingly both can be used as tornado stalling spin equalizers primarily due to their increased Burst resistance thanks to the stronger springs.
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:05 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  9:46 PM)Armor Wrote: Wait you're running an attack setup on these drivers?

Yeah, I treat Drivers mainly for their intended purposes and make combos based on what they can do, but surprisingly both can be used as tornado stalling spin equalizers primarily due to their increased Burst resistance thanks to the stronger springs.

but Judgement isn't good at spin equalization...
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:43 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:05 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Yeah, I treat Drivers mainly for their intended purposes and make combos based on what they can do, but surprisingly both can be used as tornado stalling spin equalizers primarily due to their increased Burst resistance thanks to the stronger springs.

but Judgement isn't good at spin equalization...

I was referring to the topic at hand, which are Hold' and Volcanic'. But again, Judgment is basically for attack oriented setups, but on extremely worn down copies it can still work nicely for spin equalization against left spin like a 2 edged Wizard.
(Jan. 22, 2020  1:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2020  11:43 PM)Armor Wrote: but Judgement isn't good at spin equalization...

I was referring to the topic at hand, which are Hold' and Volcanic'. But again, Judgment is basically for attack oriented setups, but on extremely worn down copies it can still work nicely for spin equalization against left spin like a 2 edged Wizard.

Ah, I see. So you want a worn copy for this setup.