Hi! I'm Voldie

Hey everyone, I'm Voldie or Carley from Toronto. I'm 19 years old, going to school for fashion, and a big fan of japanese street fashion. I've also been a magic the gathering player since the sixth grade, and I've been into tabletop gaming for as long as I can remember.

I only just got into beyblade after my friend Brad (more commonly known as Bey Brad I guess!) took me and a few others to the Burst Tournament this past weekend. I didn't realize there was so much to this game and I can't wait to learn more. I was really impressed with how welcoming the community here in Toronto was to me and my friends - it contrasted heavily with the treatment beginners in the mtg community receive!

I'm glad I'm getting into this right as Burst is being released, so there won't be a massive knowledge gap between myself and the more experienced players. I haven't gotten any parts yet, but once the DeathSizer Oval comes out I will do a big order!

If anyone has any links for beginner resources (infographics/videos would be very helpful!) that aren't linked here I would very much appreciate them Smile
I think there aren't really any infographics or videos aimed explicitly at beginners, which is kind of a shame. Give us some time to grapple with the new series and we'll work something out! In the meantime, feel free to message me directly with any questions, or reach out to anyone in the Toronto community Smile

Glad to have you here!
Welcome!!! Look up "sliding shoot" on YouTube. You will definitely want to learn how to do that if you don't already. And just check out the threads about burst and burst customs and stuff. Happy blading : )
Welcome!

Thanks to this wonderful organization and your friend brad, you'll never have to worry about a knowledge gap too much. Everything you need to know is posted on here somewhere. I just started playing 4 months ago and I've already placed first at a zero-g tournament.

Also, check out Beybladegeeks on youtube, those guys are awesome. And beychannel on YouTube has that sliding shoot video which is vital, and an in depth video explanation of how burst beys work.
Why don't some of you Canadians move to Colorado. It's s very lonely place. I think the only two people I have ever battled here is my brothers. But welcome. Yea it's nice to get into it right at the start of a series. I would definantly go to the bey wiki to study up on metal fight. And EBay or Amazon are the only places (besides WBO sellers of course) to get reasonable prices in beyblades. Ajapanese site may seem cheap but then you add in shipping and it gets crazy. Good luck.

And for the record Colorado is just like Canada. We have snow,good skiing, elk, and maple syrup. Ok not that much maple syrup but we have. The one major difference is that we don't have BLADERS
No!!!! Maine!!! Maine is more like Canada!!! We need more bladers in Maine!!! It is practically in Canada anyway. Lol
NOOOOOOOOO XD
welcome to the WBO. enjoy yourself.

Alsao, spokane, anyone?
(Aug. 04, 2015  7:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think there aren't really any infographics or videos aimed explicitly at beginners, which is kind of a shame. Give us some time to grapple with the new series and we'll work something out!

I look forward to seeing the guide you're working on!

(Aug. 04, 2015  7:31 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Welcome!!! Look up "sliding shoot" on YouTube. You will definitely want to learn how to do that if you don't already.

Ah thank you! That was very helpful, and I'll definitely be needing that if Kerbeus keeps its favour with everyone

(Aug. 04, 2015  8:21 AM)ZachBob Wrote: Also, check out Beybladegeeks on youtube, those guys are awesome. And beychannel on YouTube has that sliding shoot video which is vital, and an in depth video explanation of how burst beys work.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out both channels
You catch on quick. Can't wait to see you in a tournament.