Heya.

Heya. I'm sort of an oldbie-newbie to beyblade. I've watched the anime, collected the blades back when they first came out, and had to call it quits after a while since no one in my area was interested.

I hail from Sacramento, California, in the good ol' USA.

I'm curious if my renewed interest in Beyblades (sparked by my recent watching of Fierce Battle) will be worth it this time... Do they still host official events or what now? I haven't been able to find any sort of info on it.... No matter what search engine I use xD.

I can see they're still making new blades, but is there any interest in America anymore?

I had two blades that I used frequently... And by use I meant launch them both at eachother. A slightly tweaked Dranzer (I've forgotten which one), and a heavily tweaked Draciel (again, I forgot which one, but used the Galeon chip I remember that Joyful_3)... My Dranzer's attack ring lost a spike on it too, almost took my ear off when the part shot past my face.

But yeah... So, anyone mind helping me get back into this game?
Hello and welcome!
Welcome to the WBO Joyful_3

The original beyblade series ended in North America a few years ago (in 2006), so the beyblades (toys) were discontinued, and were not sold in stores anymore. So official Hasbro tournaments also ended. But since then, the WBO has been hosting many tournaments and events all over the world.

In August 2008, in Japan a new beyblades series was created and released called Metal Fight Beyblade (MFB). MFB is an entirely new series with new characters and everything and is not a continuation of the previous Beyblade series. They will be released by Hasbro worldwide as Beyblade: Metal Fusion in Spring 2010 and the anime will start in Fall 2010.

Although, Beyblades are not currently available in N. America, the UK, etc - there are still a lot of people interested in it. But obviously when MFB is released worldwide, Beyblade will become extremely popular again.

More info about MFB here Smile
(Dec. 03, 2009  1:49 AM)Tamatsuki Wrote: I can see they're still making new blades

So no, they haven't always continued to make beyblades since its original release. Beyblade was on a 3 year hiatus (2005-2008). It's just recently that beyblades have been brought back (2008). And technically, Beyblade is still on a hiatus in N. America, the UK, Austrailia, etc, which will officially end in 2010.
Right on, right on. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Looked at the map. Not sure if everyone's on it but it seems like there are a few people in the sac area interested. Wish I knew about this place years ago, might never have quit ya know? Lol.

Wonder if any of em still got some plastics. If I can find mine I'd kill ta dust off the rust.

So a new anime for it's comin out followed by a new line of blades... I'll have to keep an eye out... Just hope it sparks a new interest for a younger generation.