Hey everyone! Really interested in starting to play!

Hey everyone!

I'm very interested in starting to play Beyblade, i'm actually making the switch from Cardfight!! Vanguard (new cross-ride format is boring). I have a few concerns I was hoping some members wouldn't mind addressing while I get used to the membership here.

I'm 24, is that too old to be playing Beyblade?
I was watching the world champioship on the official beyblade website and the majority of finalists seemed to be under the age of 18, which seemed to point to a maximum age limit, but in researching i found there is no maximum age limit, am I correct?

This community is not affiliated with official beyblade events, or is that incorrect? What is the relationship between this organization and the organization that hosts say, the World championship.

Do you guys generally enjoy the show, or is it a lot like Yu-Gi-Oh! in that the show is really a platform to sell stuff.

Lastly, in your opinion, is beyblades popularity on the rise or fall? Not that i'm too concerned with it, but I always like to tap into the "state of the community" before joining any such community.

If any of my questions seem redundant or out of place, i'm sorry. I read the rules and such, however I like to introduce myself on forums with a little dialogue. I look forward to learning more about Beyblade and hopefully becoming a useful member of the community.

(p.s. does Beyblade have a ban-list for competitive play? Are there any illeagal tops (ones made of all meal, etc.)
Well, first off, great intro and welcome!
No there is no age limit in our tournaments, so anyone can play!
The WBO has nothing to do with the (rare) official events. The WBO really has nothing to do with "official" beyblade.
Most people here watch the show, though I really strongly dislike it.
Beyblades popularity is generally decreasing, as TT stopped production for all we know due to lack of interest. We are still very active here!
No, its fine to ask questions in your first post here, but direct questions about the hobby to the ask a question, get an answer thread, combo queries to the build me a combo thread, and questions about the site itself to the questions on the WBO thread.
Yes, any beyblades not produced by Takara Tomy, Sonokong, or Hasbro are illegal, as are any XTS or any other of hasbro's gimmick tops.
Make sure to have fun and enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the info! I just have one question if it's not too much.

Quote:Beyblades popularity is generally decreasing, as TT stopped production for all we know due to lack of interest.

I'm assuming by TT you mean Takara Tomy? The development blog on the TT website shows activity as of 03/15/13. Do you mean they aren't supporting the game tournament-wise or are they no longer developing new tops? I see there are no "official" events scheduled for 2013, but there was one for 2012. Basically, is the support for the game dead and we are picking up the reigns? Or is Hasbro intending to continue to support with new tops and a yearly event?

I've com in late to plenty of game communities and still had a blast playing, so it's not going to discourage me if the game is on the downslope, I just want to know what we are currently looking at in terms of support? Honestly, the English website seems to have a lot videos about real-life competitive play and competitive play coverage, the likes of which you don't see in other games. Is this a misleading move by Hasbro, or are they still actively trying to support Beyblade events?
For now they have stopped making tops, but there wasa tourney scheduled for some sort of convention, so that looks hopeful.
As for hasbro continuing beyblade after zero-g, they might but I'm not sure.
Right on! So I went out and bought my first (Well second, just not counting the one i bought ten years ago) beystadium and a couple tops. My roomate and i are excited to start customizing now Smile. One more question, I was reading the official rule book for restrictions so I knew which tops to buy, and based on the guidelines I went with the Metal Fury line (there were a few electronic, etc. there). I hope I made the right choice.
Those beyblades aren't very good.
Next time buy hyperblades. There's also a purchase consultation topic where you can find the best bey to buy!
By the way, the WBO has a North American Championship going on in Toronto, Canada, so you don't want to miss out! And there is no age limit, you can be 1 or 1,000 for all we care! We have tons of events every year, and chances are, some may be happening near you!

~Cheers!
We plan on going if we can figure out how to be competitive at Beyblade. My roomate and i are from Rochester, NH so we'd like to attend Maryland or New York. There's just so many abbreviations in this game it's hard to figure out what people are saying (like what's MFB), and i can't tell which lines are in production and which ones aren't. We're working on it though.
Once I get on a real computer and not a mobile phone I would gladly put together a resource list for all of your questions.

I hope you become active! You seem like you would be a great poster.
Welcome to the WBO!

If you're interested in playing competitively, the most important thing for you to invest in will be a BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type and BBG-04 Zero-G Stadium Attack Type. These two are essentially the standard for competitive play in our Standard and Zero-G Formats, and also for testing in general.