Hello from an "Old-Timer"

Been a member for a bout a week now but have really just been lurking and finding answers to questions that I had but I suppose I better introduce myself.

Hi my name is Tris and I live in the UK. I was always a huge fan of animation, Japanese in particular. I always loved watching G-Force, Thunderbirds 2086 etc when they aired in the UK. Things got more interesting for me in the early 1990’s when the big anime films such as Akira, Fist of the North Star, Dominion Tank Police etc. started to hit the UK.

Fast forward a few years and I started watching the original Beyblade series with my youngest son when it aired on a free channel in the UK. We both loved watching it together.

As a family we always watch an hour of TV together in the evening. We had gone through X-men all the Pokemon etc. I suggested re-watching Beyblade. My two sons are both hooked and we Beyblade together all the time which is really cool.

Both myself and my two sons are to get to know some other bladers form England and learn more about Blading.
Welcome to the WBO! Unfortunately, England isn't as active as it used to be as far as beyblading goes. I think there's still a few bladers around though. Anyway, just be sure to read the rules and have fun!
Someone actually recently told me that they would once again try to revive the London scene, so make sure to post in the following thread to let the local Bladers know that they possibly have one more attendee : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-London-U...ead?page=9
I am near Manchester, but I would be interested in a London event, so I posted a shout out.

It would be cool to try and get something going up in the North of England too.

I think there are Bladers around. I got my first blades (Hasbro,) from a shop called Home Bargains and they sell off old stock and over stock, food, cloths, toy and what not! The Beyblade stuff is selling I shop twice a week and it getting sold, launchers stadiums etc. Stadiums for 99p, Twin pack of Beys £2, various, launchers XTS etc.

I think that there has been a stock of these Hasbro Blades in the UK in Home Bargains (national chain) and they have all disappeared and quite quickly too as they are not on their website anymore. This is only a hunch, but Metal Fusion is being aired on Nickelodeon at the moment, Beyblades selling possible resurgence of intrest?
The scene is the north of England is pretty much dead as well unfortunately. Even during beyblades "peak" tournaments were hard to organise.
(Jan. 15, 2015  7:43 PM)Poseidon Wrote: The scene is the north of England is pretty much dead as well unfortunately. Even during beyblades "peak" tournaments were hard to organise.

I am genuinely sad to hear that. However, I am not surprised. Fingers crossed something might happen.

I can understand why there was a big community in London. The capital, in terms of culture is far more diverse and advanced than the rest of the UK.
Unfortunately even the London tourney scene has essentially died now due to lack of members. We had two tourneys recently at the end of last year to try and revive it (one of which was run by me) and then another one couldn't be realised after that due to lack of members. Anyway welcome to the site.
(Jan. 15, 2015  6:18 PM)trisd Wrote: I am near Manchester, but I would be interested in a London event, so I posted a shout out.

It would be cool to try and get something going up in the North of England too.

I think there are Bladers around. I got my first blades (Hasbro,) from a shop called Home Bargains and they sell off old stock and over stock, food, cloths, toy and what not! The Beyblade stuff is selling I shop twice a week and it getting sold, launchers stadiums etc. Stadiums for 99p, Twin pack of Beys £2, various, launchers XTS etc.

I think that there has been a stock of these Hasbro Blades in the UK in Home Bargains (national chain) and they have all disappeared and quite quickly too as they are not on their website anymore. This is only a hunch, but Metal Fusion is being aired on Nickelodeon at the moment, Beyblades selling possible resurgence of intrest?

I also happen to live in Manchester, more specifically Bolton, so its cool to know another WBO member lives near me Grin

The UK isn't doing very well in terms of Beybladers, dare I say its one of the weaker ones, the stocks we get are even worse, I'm presuming you see a ton of Metal Masters, at least if you run into any beyblade product, its always Metal Masters, and its rarer to find although recently in Home Bargains, they sell the Shogun Steel Cyclone set and the Nightmare Rex and Herculeo two pacs, which is amazing, and a few beywheelz, a toy store called Smyths sells the Shogun Steel set as well and Tkmaxx, another store actually had the Hyperblades set at one point. If you find anything new, do you think you can PM me about it? I would very much appreciate it.
(Jan. 16, 2015  9:49 AM)Ultra Wrote: Unfortunately even the London tourney scene has essentially died now due to lack of members. We had two tourneys recently at the end of last year to try and revive it (one of which was run by me) and then another one couldn't be realised after that due to lack of members. Anyway welcome to the site.

To be honest, I did not really see much effort from anybody after the recent two events ... No Doodle was made to find the perfect date for anyone, I do not remember any date being proposed, etc.
My gut instinct tells me that there are people out there blading. I know I am new but I am motivated to try and get something running if possible.

I don't want to ramble on here; getting a little off topic.
@[Manicben] does a lot of London tournament stuff.
(Jan. 18, 2015  9:01 PM)AkioEPC Wrote: @[Manicben] Ben does a lot of London tournament stuff.

Thanks for that. I am checking out the Bey Map/ old threads eye the 2012 Manchester thread. It looks like a couple of people have logged in recently although they have not posted. Thinking of sending a few PMs.

I can't say whether I get around to it today. Still having WiFi issue with Yosemite, need to try some more work arounds.
(Jan. 16, 2015  3:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2015  9:49 AM)Ultra Wrote: Unfortunately even the London tourney scene has essentially died now due to lack of members. We had two tourneys recently at the end of last year to try and revive it (one of which was run by me) and then another one couldn't be realised after that due to lack of members. Anyway welcome to the site.

To be honest, I did not really see much effort from anybody after the recent two events ... No Doodle was made to find the perfect date for anyone, I do not remember any date being proposed, etc.

Efforts were being made behind the scenes by Manicben and they got nowhere apparently so there wasn't any point in doing a proposal.
(Jan. 20, 2015  8:45 PM)Ultra Wrote: Efforts were being made behind the scenes by Manicben and they got nowhere apparently so there wasn't any point in doing a proposal.

Been doing a bit of sniffing around, other Bey Forums, UK you tube channels etc. Looks a little bleak to say the least.

It seems that not all the active UK bladers are on the Map.

I home educate my two sons. We meet up with plenty of other families. Might try bringing a few blades to one of the home educator meet ups, see if I can generate some intrest.