Hello from Aus

I'm banjaxed (or jax for short), I use they/them pronouns, and I'm a 21 year old living in Meanjin/Brisbane.

I first got into beyblades back in primary school, when metal fusion was coming out and it was popular enough to get banned at the school. Like most of the schoolyard trends I eventually forgot about it and moved on to other things, but luckily kept a collection of old beys in my cupboard over the years.

I got back into blading recently when I saw beyblade burst surge on a streaming service and decided to give it a try. I was very surprised when what I expected to be a silly shounen toy ad (and to be fair, it is a silly shounen toy ad) grabbed me by the heart and dragged me to the edge of my seat. The fact that they now shot sparks and exploded was also really cool.

It worked its advertising magic and I was soon at my local department store picking up some of the latest beys and a stadium. Over the following weeks my interest in beyblades has grown, and my wallet shrunk.

Looking forward to connect with other bladers and hopefully get together for a tourney or just some casual blading.