Hello All

So..... My 9 year old son told me he wanted beyblades for his birthday. So I thought to myself "Great easy bday choices". So I head to local store and buy a few.
Then I come home and per usual any time I check the largest forum and most active I can find I find this.
So I spend a few days looking thru picture threads finding "cool ones" I procede to go to store and buy some more for his birthday.

His birthday rolls around. He opens them up and we spend a few hours putting together about 20 of them and playing with all of them. (everyone bought him some and I bought way too many).
When then spend a few hours playing and competing with me him and his older brother. Great fun.

Skip ahead a week later. I have spent a huge amount of time searching and learning. I just ordered two more for the wife and couple more for myself. Being searching Ebay and really having a blast.
I think I may be hooked. Now time to learn some combos and really have some fun.

Well thats my story. Hope to be able to contribute or lurk thru the forums and add some view points from a dad connecting with his son.

Welcome

your not the 1st to be hooked because i thought they were a waste until i started collecting/playing with them
Also you should start buying double packs so he has the option to customize his own bey
(Nov. 13, 2012  5:36 AM)ghost22 Wrote: Welcome

your not the 1st to be hooked because i thought they were a waste until i started collecting/playing with them
Also you should start buying double packs so he has the option to customize his own bey

Yeah xmas is coming up soon. I am sure they will get interesting. Thanks for the advice as well.

Welcome to the WBO and I hope you have a good time!
Hello! Welcome to 'le WBO!
I'm loving the story BTW! XD
Just keep playing!
And if you wan't to take blading a step further, you and your son(s) can enter a WBO tournament. I assure you that they're great fun! Smile
(Nov. 13, 2012  3:36 PM)Luck Wrote: Hello! Welcome to 'le WBO!
I'm loving the story BTW! XD
Just keep playing!
And if you wan't to take blading a step further, you and your son(s) can enter a WBO tournament. I assure you that they're great fun! Smile

Thanks for the welcome.
My next goal is gonna be possibly getting a string launcher for my son. Or a couple for both of us. He has a hard time launching them as hard as I can I dont want him to get frustrated cause "dad always wins"

Also need to find a few new arenas. THey are quite pricey tho and been finding it hard to find a good place to pick up the tournament style arenas. (I think that is the one that can fly out of stadium) I think he would have a blast with that.
The best & WBO official tournament arena is the BB-10.
And if you want string launchers for each of you, a nice Idea would be to get a different re-shuffle set each, since they come with string launchers and each different versions of certain beys.
(L-Drago re-shuffle, Gravity Perseus Re-shuffle, etc.)
That's just an idea though, they're quite pricey.
(Nov. 13, 2012  4:55 PM)Luck Wrote: The best & WBO official tournament arena is the BB-10.
And if you want string launchers for each of you, a nice Idea would be to get a different re-shuffle set each, since they come with string launchers and each different versions of certain beys.
(L-Drago re-shuffle, Gravity Perseus Re-shuffle, etc.)
That's just an idea though, they're quite pricey.

Thanks again. So much info on this site. Its a little overwhelming trying to narrow things down and focus.

Those re-shuffle packs look pretty good. Looks like xmas shopping will be easy this year.

I found quite a few Phantom Orions and Beat Lynx locally I already tossed those in the secret Santa closet stashed away for xmas.
I ordered the wife a Bey off of Ebay that comes with string launcher. Should be here in a week. Gonna let son try it out and see if he can launch smoother with it.

Good to know I've helped :3
If you want info on how good beys are, go over the 'bey wikia', it's unbelievably useful, and it's all created by members of the WBO.
BTW, when ordering online, make sure to check that phantom orions and such are not made by 'top rapidity', who are a fake beyblade company.
(Nov. 13, 2012  6:23 PM)Luck Wrote: Good to know I've helped :3
If you want info on how good beys are, go over the 'bey wikia', it's unbelievably useful, and it's all created by members of the WBO.
BTW, when ordering online, make sure to check that phantom orions and such are not made by 'top rapidity', who are a fake beyblade company.

I bought the Phantom Orions from a local big box store. I didnt name drop cause I have not read all the rules and some forums frown upon advertising for big stores.

I saw quite a bit of Rapidity stuff on Ebay and a few other sites. I assumed it was fake just based on the reviews alone. Glad to get confirmation that my gut feeling was right.

I have spent quite a bit of time on Bey Wiki. I usually copy and paste beys when I am surfing ebay and amazong to confirm they are legit and not fake as well lol.

(Nov. 13, 2012  7:29 PM)Drewhop Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2012  6:23 PM)Luck Wrote: Good to know I've helped :3

I bought the Phantom Orions from a local big box store. I didnt name drop cause I have not read all the rules and some forums frown upon advertising for big stores.

I saw quite a bit of Rapidity stuff on Ebay and a few other sites. I assumed it was fake just based on the reviews alone. Glad to get confirmation that my gut feeling was right.

I have spent quite a bit of time on Bey Wikia. I usually copy and paste beys when I am surfing ebay and amazong to confirm they are legit and not fake as well lol.

Just corrected that , since Kai-V gets a-bit mad when people say wiki instead of wikia XD
And no, there's not really about advertising in the rules when it comes to saying 'Hey , Argos has really cheap beys!' Or something.
I quite frankly do the same on the Wikia Smile
And make sure they can change mode and etc and your son will love the launcher grips(a handle tht goes with the launcher for a better launch) and as far as stadiums if you cant find a really good one or one you like just get a $10 stadium at target(it has no stadium outs) also you should get your son some old beys(like galaxy pegasus or ray striker)to make it fun you can aim to get a the beyblades you seen in the show like me and dont forget to train with your son in beyblades to make him a better beyblader or get a bey that goes with his zodiac sign
@ Drewhop: I hope you have a good time here on the WBO, man! Wink