Hellbound

Note: This is a horror story, with some gory depictions although I tuned it down alot. So y'now, reader's discretion, etc.

Yeah well, Sometimes I'm generally bored and creative writing is a hobby of mine, so...
Yeah. Part one of a story I called "Hellbound" It could be a bit better, I know, but only by attempting can one then improve [or something]

Some may notice that it shares similarities with a similar story, but i swear it was completely unintentional. I found out after i wrote it. Anyway, i have 3 written "chapters" so there's a lot of room for story variation. anyway, enjoy, and don't hit me.

1. Forty-Five Minutes.
January. It was nearly a week since the crowds of drunken people had gathered at the nightclub to herald the new year. Everyone celebrated in their own way, the rockers went to concerts, the thugs got drunk and beat the carp out of each other, the skaters went to the pro expo at the local park, and Jason stayed home. In during the 5 years he lived in this town, he would always spend the last night of the year at home, in his room. He went out for Halloween, Christmas, Victoria Day, anything you would regularly go out for. Even when his parents went out on new year's, he would stay home out of choice, he just preferred it. However, this year was the first time he felt the lingering pain in the pit of his stomach, Regret.
"Maybe I should've gone to the concert with Steph..."
No. He stayed home with his best friends, the harmonica his grandpa left him, and the acoustic guitar he had received for a recent birthday. Stifling a sigh, Jason's gaze moved from the dull grey sky to the large buildings that stood behind him. Green Vale Secondary School: An average highschool, complete with facilities like a decent sized swimming pool, a physic's lab, and an indoor track should the outside race circuit be rendered unusable due to weather. The area didn't see much snow that winter, all the better for Jason, he hated snow. Actually, Jason had noticed that the weather had taken a change from it's usual trend. It was the second week of January, but he could wear a light autumn jacket and feel perfectly comfortable.
Jason got up from the bleachers he was sitting on, slinging his bag over one shoulder. The school bell would ring soon, and here he was thinking about the weather. Surely enough, the bell rang. He checked his watch: 8:30. Leaping from the top bleacher, Jason landed and made for the side entrance door at a light jogging pace, barely catching the door before it shut after the last of the student body had entered the building.
8:35. Jason stumbled into the classroom and silently took his seat, just in time to answer to his name as the teacher read the attendance list. As far as the math teacher was concerned, if he made the attendance, he was here on time.
8:55. The teacher finished the lesson and left the class to do textbook work. Of course everybody put off the work to do as homework and spent the work time engaged in conversation and playing video games. Jason stood to the side of the room, only one thing being the center of his attention. Rachel Thames, possibly the most beautiful creature among the Sophomore herd. Loved by all, with a personality to justify it. Her calming voice rang of sarcasm and fatigue, as if she had just woken up from a good night's sleep. Her charms had caught Jason's eye without much trouble, but he refrained from getting involved in matters that would only turn against him. There she stood, next to her companion, Jamie Brixton. The most dull headed super-jock to roam the halls. She had made it known that they weren't dating, but Jamie the headstrong valiantly proclaimed her as "his property". It couldn't be helped, things were the way they were for a reason, and he wasn't meant to--
A clap on the back broke his train of thought. "Yo, you busy?" Jason turned to face his rocker friend, Steph. His full name, Stephane Leonard-Charles, was something only used by his mother when he would forget to take out the garbage or clean his room. Other than that, the full name was taboo, and just "Steph" would suffice. Steph was a good friend of Jason's; the two had met three years previously when the Charles moved to Green Vale. Steph handed him a manilla folder and patted him again on the back. "Teach wants you to take down the attendance, mate."
"Yeah sure, no problem"
The halls had an eerie silence as he walked toward the foyer...odd, seeing as things usually were up and running by this point. Even more so, it was cold, colder than it should be indoors. Goosebumps ran up his arms, it was the same temperature that it should've been outside, something he noticed, regretting that he had left his light jacket on his chair back in the classroom.
"But why would I need a jacket to walk in the hallway anyway..."
When he got to the front entrance of the school, he could see the source of the cold. The big stained glass window over the entrance had been broken severely in several places, leaving a gaping hole where pounding rain poured into the building. "Wait...rain?" He looked closely at the puddles of liquid accumulated on the floor, dripping from holes in the glass dome skylight that was built into the ceiling. Jason looked around him for anyone that might be nearby, a janitor, a teacher, but he was alone in the hallway... Jason startled as a dull bang echoed throughout the corridors. Looking for the source of the noise, he turned and saw the office door swinging open and banging against one of the potted plants that were placed on either side of it. It was open, but otherwise looked intact.
Slowly Jason entered the seemingly empty office, placing the manilla folder on the table. Nothing in the office seemed out of place...maybe it was a random act of vandalism? And the gardening club located on the school's roof could have somehow caused the broken dome...Faint voices interrupted his thoughts, he could hear them, teachers, talking in the back lot. Naturally, Jason didn't want to linger around the scene of the carnage lest misunderstandings be created. Dashing through the office's back hallways, he soon found himself at the door to the back lot, where a precarious scene was beginning to unfold.

A large group of teachers stood around what seemed to be somebody cringing in pain on the driveway. Jason noticed that the math teacher was there too, so he must've been called down after Jason left. Ms. Grey, the principal, knelt beside the boy on the dry, crumbling asphalt. The dry wind blew a couple scraps of paper and some dust around, but nothing obscured Jason's view of the spectacle The boy, a ginger haired youth, probably a freshman, was moaning and clutching his side, blood seeping though the layers of shirt and sweater he was wearing. "Hey, are you going to be okay?" The principal looked with horrified eyes as his fingers lost their sheen, and the light in his eyes began to dim, the pupils dilating. "Some body call an ambulan--"
He cry was cut short. The boy had grabbed the front of her blouse and pulled himself up to her, wild eyed, he bit into her neck, until blood flowed like fountain from around his jaws. Screams erupted around the lot as the lifeless form of the principal slumped into a hunched sitting position. The ginger haired boy then leapt onto another one of the teachers, gnawing off a few fingers and proceeding to rip thee whole hand off. It was then, during the wild screaming of the now left-handed geography teacher, that the principal stirred. She got to her feet and flung herself at the nearest teacher, ripping his nose off. Anybody who tried to help was mutilated, and those that were killed just got back up and helped in the killing.
Jason had seen enough. "This is like a bad horror movie" he thought to himself. His eyes glanced off the analog clock on the wall inside the corridor he was standing. "9:05" He had to get out of there, luckily all of the other students were far away from this... A loud blaring filled the hallway and Jason felt sick to the pit of his stomach. The fire alarm. All the kids would be heading outside. Outside, right into the slaughter.
"carp, there's no way I can stop over 2000 teenagers from exiting the building..."
Something flashed before his mind, and he panicked. In a dash he made for the doors, grabbing the elevator key from the front desk on his way. Shoes squeaking from the wet floor, he arrived at the elevator, fumbling keys until he found the right one, and rode it up to the 3rd floor, the math department, one thought ringing out loudly in his head: Rachel.
Bolting down the hallway he could already hear the sounds of chaos as the infected victims increased the death toll and their own number. A flash of dirty blonde hair that he would recognize anywhere, there she was, fighting some off with a meter stick she took from the math room, Jamie the jock locked in combat with another one. He screamed. "YOU TWO, C'MON, OVER HERE" Without question, the two followed him, Rachel with a bent, blood stained, aluminum meter stick and Jamie with his fists. As the lunkhead made to speak, Jason interrupted. "No time for talk, we gotta go. Now."
Jamie simply shrugged, caught off guard by the sudden change of things, he dropped his tough guy macho facade. "Where to?"
"The Phys-Ed Department. You help me seal off the three doors before anything else can happen."
Rachel but in "What about me?"
"Huh?"
"What can I do? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I'm useless you know"
"Help with the exits then, and keep that meter stick, because of the trip, there's only one phys-ed class in here, but that's still a good 15-20 people. Stay sharp"
And with that, Rachel ran off to the southern exit. Jamie made for the eastern exit, but Jason stopped him. Confused, Jamie asked "Hm? What's up?"
Jason looked at him. "Go with her. I'll handle the exit."
Jamie seemed to understand at once. "Got it chief. And sorry about the whole "panty-head" in grade 6.
Jason shivered as memories of his middle school torment flashed in front of his eyes. He growled. "Just Go!"
He had already finished his exit, and stood before the eastern door, a baseball bat at his side for defense. The electronic led clock glowed in the distance. A dull thudding resonated from the other side of the door. Jason's grip on the bat tightened. 9:15.

In 45 minutes, hell had taken over his life.

The door burst open...
The bat flew...

[Just want to see what people think before i decide whether or not to post subsequent chapters]
2. A Withered Bouquet

He sat. He watched. Everyday he would sit here on his perch and watch the interesting mannerisms of the people below. Since he came to this school a year ago, to start his high school education along with those that had the same age as him, he had stayed there, on the rooftop, not wanting to get involved with the affairs of those that walked below. He was not friendless, he had quite a few companions, but he would stay here. Without being sorted or labeled, he would stay here. On his rooftop, his place of solitude, to watch those that interested him and the funny little things they did. Favors, betrayal, matters of the heart, he could see all from up here. As far as he was concerned, this was his rightful place. Who he was would be decided but nobody by himself. A breeze blew by, disturbing stray pieces of litter on the pavement below. Absentmindedly he played with the silver cross that hung from the chain around his neck, his fingers tracing the intricate ornamental carvings around it's perimeter, and the words engraved on the back. The words flew to his mind almost immediately, a song his abuelo used to sing. Silencio Del Amore. Love's Silence.
Scratching the back of his head, he reached back for his guitar that laid propped up against the wall and strummed the first few chords of Silencio He had seen some interesting things today. One being the boy that sat and looked at the sky on the bleachers. This made him think, was there another observer like him? One that shared the same mentality? But the boy had got up and left, entering the complex labyrinth of concrete and linoleum that lay beneath him. Into the first verse, the strumming increased in tempo, the intensity of the song picking up. For a fraction of a second, his train of thought slipped and he played the wrong chord.
"carp."
He stood and straightened out his white hoodie, noticing how the dim light accented the contrast between the with fabric and his dark skin and hair. He could hear echoing footsteps coming from the staircase behind the door to his left. Troy. Stretching, he slipped the guitar back into its black case and closed the fastenings to keep it from re-opening. Just as he slung it over his shoulder, the panting ginger haired boy stumbled onto the rooftop.
"...Troy."
The ginger haired fellow gave a sigh of relief.
"Dammit Raoul, I was looking for you everywhere! Although I should've figured that this is where you'd be."
"Is the bus here yet?"

"Naw, it's delayed i think. Anyway, I don't think Coach will let you bring your guitar along, especially seeing as it's a phys-ed trip"

"..."

"Here." Troy reached into his back and tossed a small object at Raoul.

"...Thanks."
Raoul cracked the seal on the can of coke and took a long sip. Troy had been a good friend of his for a couple of years. He didn't seem to mind Raoul's quiet personality, but found it rather intriguing that instead of socializing with others, he preferred to do deeper, more mysterious things; for example, sitting on rooftops. Troy paced the rooftop and then sat, bracing against the side of the large glass dome that was built into the school's ceiling over the main entrance. Noticing the disturbed expression on his face, Raoul walked over and braced against a large barrel that was nearby, where water was stored in for fire emergencies. There were several of them located on the rooftop. Immediately he noticed something out of the ordinary.
"That's odd...the metal is warm, meaning the water must be...but in this temperature?"
He decided to disregard it and focus on what was plaguing Troy, already he had an idea of what was on his mind.

"Rebecca?"

"Yeah..I'm gonna do it today."

"Hm? Really? You're finally going to propose to the girl with the pigtails? Invite me to the wedding."

Troy's cheeks visibly reddened.
"It's not proposing! I can't get married, I'm only 15!"

Raoul shrugged "Oh...really."

"Yeah really, I'm merely asking her...to consider...being my girlfriend...Hey, don't give me that look!"

"What look?"

In a comical gesture, Troy got to his feet and pointed an accusatory finger at Raoul.
"Like I'm one of the people in your little social examinations."

"Well you are."

"What?"

"Yesterday, lunch period. Pigtails dropped her hairclip. It's still in your left pocket."

Once again, Troy's cheeks reddened. "THATS NOT THE POINT!" He reached into his book bag, withdrawing a small bouquet of flowers. "This time I intend to go through with it"

For a brief moment of silence between the two, Raoul stared at the bouquet of flowers in the ginger haired boy's clenched hand.
"...But what about the ring?"

"For the last time, I'm not proposing!"

"Gah!" Surprised, Raoul cradled his burned left hand and stumbled away from the water canister. "What...the hell?"

"Dude...What's wrong?"
Raoul ignored the question. Reluctantly, he touched the barrel. Surprisingly, it was boiling hot, and a faint whistling could be heard on the breeze. Then his gaze landed on the pipe connecting the canister to the building, confirming his suspicions. The pipe was bloated and distorted in several places...the boiler room...something was going on there...
Before he had time to warn Troy to duck, it happened. All of the tanks exploded, one after the other. Raoul threw himself to the ground and covered his head. He heard rather than saw the damage. Shattering had indicated that the dome had given way, and dull watery noises echoed as water spilled into the room below. Slowly he got to his feet and looked around. Twisted pieces of metal lay strewn throughout the rooftop. The dome had several enormous sections missing, shattered beyond recognition. He realized that the blast hadn't been as loud as it had been forceful. The people in the classrooms farther away wouldn't have heard anything. There was no sign of Troy anywhere. Except for a small dead bouquet of flowers which lay in a pile near the edge of the roof, mutilated by the blast.

Troy awoke on a shrub near the side of the school. Dazed, he looked around and saw the smoldering remains of an ambulance down the road not to far from the school lot. Faintly, he could see a figure in a uniform limping towards him. One of the paramedics from the ambulance...perhaps he needed help. Troy got up only to realize that his back hurt like hell. With a cry of pain he collapsed back into the bush. The medic was upon him now. Just as he was to ask for help, he saw the medic's eyes. Dead. Lifeless. Yellow like those of a feral beast. Before Troy could say anything, he felt the medic's cold hands on his chest. To his horror, the medic reared back his head...and plunged his teeth into Troy's side. Howling with pain, Troy tried to shake loose but to no avail...In a desperate final measure, his left hand plunged into his pocket and removed a metal hairclip, with the engraving of a butterfly on one side.

"GET OFF ME!" Troy plunged the hairclip, followed by his thumb, deep into the paramedic's eye socket. Seemingly this had been enough, for the iron grip of the paramedic became slack and the body of the medic himself collapsed. Troy got to his feet, limping around the side of the building in a panic. Blood spilled from his side like a fountain, leaving a trail behind him..into the back lot he stumbled and then collapsed. He managed to raise his head and sneak a look at the minivan in front of of him, where the horrified eyes of the half naked principal and Geography teacher met his, and then his brain succumbed to the pain...he was losing consciousness. Throwing her blouse on, the principal ran over, sending the geography teacher to get all the other teachers. Pretty soon he could hear the group of teachers around him as he lay writhing in pain on the floor, wanting to stay alive, knowing that he had something he had to do that day...something important...with pigtails. His dying brain couldn't finish the thought, and, in death's cold embrace, something else awoke. Hunger. Bloodlust. A craving for flesh. New eyes snapped open, but saw nothing but darkness. His ears connected, he could hear everything around him.

"Are you okay?"

a silent part of his dead subconscious cried in joy.

Food.

Exhausted, Raoul laid on his back, facing the sky, clutching a withering bouquet in his left hand. Screams echoed over the rooftop and into the air. He looked to the exit, there had been a canister placed on top of it, and it had collapsed inward...

He was trapped. Vapid thoughts flew through his mind. He could rappel down through the dome if he found an old cable up here...but for now..for the next few hours until his legs resumed function,
He was trapped.

Trapped in his stronghold.

He lay there, a nightmarish symphony of dying screams reverberating around him.

He drowned it out, the chorus of Silencio on his tongue... but his thoughts kept flying back to Troy.

He looked over at the now dead bouquet in his hand.

"Rest in peace, Amigo."
3. Plans
"These things...don't quit...do they..."
Jamie wiped gore off of a pair of thick, semi bladed, brass knuckles with a gym towel, pausing to flick off a bit of clinging nose gunk, or whatever bodily fluid might have congealed on it.
"Gotta aim for the head, bro."
Jason sat off to the side, his dented aluminum baseball bat laying on the ground not far away. Holding his hand up, he flexed his fingers, curling and uncurling a fist. Jamie looked over, momentarily distracted from his task.
"You okay?"
"Yeah..just a bit numb, nothing's broken so it'll be alright in a few minutes"
Jason closed his eyes and replayed the scene in his head,

The door burst open and he had swung a powerful stroke, but had swung to early and had hit the metal frame of the door. The poor cloth grip on the bat had done next to nothing to absorb the shock between the vibrating metal and the tender flesh of his hand. Luckily enough, what came though the door was not a hoard of the undead, but a panicking freshman, bleeding from several gashes where the flesh was supposedly bitten off. He must've been freshly attacked, for he hadn't turned yet. The commotion had caught the attention of Jamie and Rachel, who were running back towards his entrance. Jason could see the eyes of the boy, pleading for help as he cringed in pain. He knew he should end the poor boy's suffering and kill him right there, but even though he could still swing the bat, at the moment he wouldn't be able to deliver a killing blow. His dilemma was quickly tossed aside, however, as two hysteric figures ran through the open door and threw themselves onto the boy, the bestial yellow gleam in their eyes indicating that they had been infected. Clutching his bat arm, Jason yelled out.
"Need some help here!" No sooner had he shouted, three pairs of yellow eyes, the freshman had completely turned too, leered in his direction.
For probably the first time in his life, he was happy to see Jamie around, for he knew that if three of those things cornered and dog piled him, he was finished. His hand was relatively healed at his point, he could fight. One bounded his way, and he caught it over the head with a mighty swing. It seemed to be enough, because it immediately collapsed, skull shattered. Still, some shock seemed to resonate through the bat and into his hand, jarring his wrist. His hand from the wrist up was numbed, but he would be able to push himself. Jamie stood to his right, bronze knuckles equipped and ready. The glint from the gunmetal finish caught Jason's eye, and he glanced over out of curiosity. He'd heard rumors of the infamous pieces that were taken out only when Green Vale's number one street brawler got serious. When it came fighting with no rules, Jamie was more experienced than most.
The zombie-ish creature that was facing Jamie game a predatory bellow and jumped into the air, intending to pin the jock to the floor and most likely rip his innards out. At the same time, the last one made a leap towards Rachel, who, in a panic, realizing she was unarmed, searched around for something to defend herself with. And with nothing in sight, she, quite sensibly, ran.
Jamie managed to catch the one fighting him in mid leap with a well placed right hook to the chest, cracking a few ribs at most. It collapsed, writhing on the ground, but otherwise not in any visible agony. The thing coughed up blood and effortlessly got back to its feet, ready for another go. This time Jamie was ready for it. He charged it with a football-esque full body tackle, his higher weight allowing him to bowl over the light build of the opposing figure without much difficulty. Jamie then jumped onto the zombie, pinning it and its arms to the ground by sitting on its midsection. He then, with both fists, set to work on the it's face, punch after punch tearing through dead flesh, muscle and bone. Meanwhile, Jason gave chase to the undead freshman that was pursuing Rachel. She ran, in search of something, anything to subdue the creature that was following her. She spotted something red out of the corner of her eye, salvation. She ran towards the fire hydrant on the wall, the red cylinder being the only thing she saw.
The red cylinder...that flew up into the ceiling and was replaced with brown rectangles. Floorboards. To her horror, she had tripped over an untied shoelace. As she hit the floor, she tried to soften the impact by going into a sideways roll so she would land on her hindquarters, not for a second wanting the thing to catch her with her back turned. She saw the pale skinned, feral eyed creature crouching to jump on and dissect her, but she also saw the boy with the baseball bat in his right hand and raging look in his eyes coming to her rescue. The thing jumped, but never reached its target. Jason swung the bat at the zombies legs, hoping to topple it before it jumped. Although he was too late, Rachel had instinctively raised both her legs and lashed out, catching the airborne creature in the torso as the bat hit it's lower thighs. Thwarted by the sudden team reversal, the undead thing toppled back, falling into the ground struggling to get up, when Jason yelled.
"Look away!"
Rachel averted her eyes as Jason lifted the bat above his head, and with both hands on it, behind his back. With a loud growl of rage, Jason brought the bat down with all his might, smashing in the zombie's face, and leaving a big splatter or blood and bone, possibly brains, on the floor.

Jason opened his eyes and got to his feet.
Changes will have to be made if we're gonna have any chance of surviving. Next time it'll definitely be more than just three...
His watch alarm beeped, but at the moment he could care less about what time it was. Rachel walked over, hands in her pockets. "What now..."
Jason looked up "We have to think things through if we want to stand a chance against...whatever the hell we're fighting."
Jamie slid the now clean knuckles onto his hands. "I'm sure you both know...that I'm not the sharpest mind in the world...so if you tell me to do anything then I'm game, as long as I'm not in the way"
Jason, surprised at his lack of conflict stirring, looked over at him. "Er..thanks, you're a good person, mate." He then turned to talk to both of them at the same time.
"Alright, here's what I know so far. These "zombie" things are really dead people that have been killed by other dead people. If the bite you, then you die and turn into one too. Speaking of which, Jamie?"
The jock nodded his head. "Yo."
"Those knuckles may be good for close range, but these are the kind of things you don't want to have to fight at close range. We all need weapons. "
Rachel scratched her head. "You mean like guns? firearms?"
"Yeah. like that."
"My dad some hidden away from when he used to go hunting"
Jason motioned to the bodies lying on the floor.
"We have to get these thing out of here, and that door is just all hallway down from the southern school exit." He pointed to the door that the three things had emerged from. "We'll have to work fast, we can use the volleyball net poles and other stuff to build some sort of barrier, i have some keys from the office," He took out a bunch of keys hanging from a lanyard that had the elevator key on it. "But even if we could lock it, enough of the could break through" He noticed the way that both of them were looking at him, staring intently and waiting for direction. "You guys...I'm not anybody's boss here...so feel free to question anything...if anyone has a differen-" At that moment, Rachel cut him off.
"The way you can just stand there and think rationally...it's admirable, I say we make you the leader."
"Wh-what? No, i can't...you don't have to-"
Jamie snapped. "I agree. Now shut up and tell us what to do."
A brief silence fell between the three. Jason took his bat and flipped it, catching it upside down above the grip, but not towards the end that had pulped the head of the freshman. He stuck the handle out in front of Rachel.
"This gym will be our temporary stronghold. We have to barricade all of the exits to this place, a permanent barrier in front of this one, and removable ones for the others. Rach, take this and wreak havoc on the vending machines. we'll need food. and-" He stopped and looked over at Jamie, who had pulled out a cigarette and lit it with a small metal lighter when Jason was talking.
"What...I smoke under pressure."
"No, not that...it'll be cold here during the night...Excellent, after we finish with the barriers, we can destroy the bleachers for firewood." Rachel seemed surprised.
"A fire? in the gym?"
"You want to freeze?"
"No, a fire sounds good"
"Then lets get moving."
Jamie let out a puff of smoke "What about a contingency?"
"What?"
"If they break through and get us before we take down the barrier..."
Jason was thinking, looking up at the ceiling. He has a point...
Rachel pointed "The skylight"
"Hm?"
"The skylight. If you save one of the bleachers you could probably build a staircase or some kinda ladder"
"It's possible...if we have enough stuff. Now, first things first, we have to be careful and try to get into the autoshop, its not far but we'll need some tools. There's some kind of balcony there we can try to build something that leads up there, and from there to the skylight."
Jamie looked skeptical now. "A staircase? that would take way to long and use up too much stuff..."
Jason clarified "No, not like an actual staircase, like we could take the climbing ropes and make a rope ladder, and then use the bleachers to get somebody up there to attach it to something before we destroy them."
Now Jamie seemed confused. "But then why destroy the bleachers in the first place"
Rachel seemed to understand immediately. "Because we could use the metal bleacher frames to reinforce the barricades, and if the got through and we climbed up, we could pull it up or cut it down behind us and the wouldn't be able to follow."
"Exactly...Anyway, we've spent too much time standing around...lets get moving...and," Jason fished out his cell phone "exchange numbers and put each other on speed dial. Call if anything happens. Anything. Because if the get one of us, it'll make it that much easier for them to get the rest."
And with that, the three split up and left to get started.
Raoul ran across the rooftop, A pink lunch bag slung over his shoulder. He had found it lying under a tree, but in addition to finding nourishment for his growling stomach, he had found an access point. The tree grew in such a way that he could jump to it from the roof and come down and climb back up and step back to the roof; he could now leave and reenter his stronghold whenever he wanted. After a few minutes he managed to get back to his patch of roof, where his guitar, in its case lay propped against the wall. He looked at the darkening sky.
It'll be night soon...Cold...its getting a little nippy right now too...
He kicked back and opened the lunch bag, and was rather pleased with what he saw.
He cracked oped the seal on a decent sized bottle of Sunny D and took a long gulp. He took another look in the bag and smiled to himself.
If god is playing a stereotype joke on me, then I'm more than happy to accept
Laughing, Raoul unwrapped the taco from its covering and took a bite.
"....Turkey. It's a turkey taco."
He took another bite.
"It's cold, but tasty"
He finished the taco, and then the thought of "Cold Turkey" came to him.
He burst out laughing, then covered his mouth as he remembered one of the advantages he had over the creatures below. As their glowing yellow eyes looked up at the spot where he sat, he laughed to himself.
Such menacing eyes...but who would've thought that they were blind...It's almost ironic
He had discovered by chance that the could only perceive sound and not sight.
He tested this before by flailing his arms and making a spectacle ant throwing a chunk of metal of metal below, none seemed to notice him, but the all turned in the direction of the clanging made from the metal hitting cement. Raoul drained the bottle of Sunny D and got to his feet, stretching. That's when he saw it. In the fading light, he saw the outline of a person walking about on the roof, standing by a skylight. It seemed to be working on something...The figure moved and yelled something into the skylight, and his face was illuminated for a brief while. It was the boy he had seen on the bench earlier that day. And he was alive.

"A survivor..."

Raoul grabbed his guitar case and slung it over his shoulder.

"Better go introduce myself..."

That's all I have written for the time being, depending on feedback, I might resume it.
Very good, only minor Grammatical and Spelling gripes with it. I would ditch the format you had with the first two chapters (one group per chapter) and keep it all together, as you did in 3. Also, try to flesh out the jock character more. It seems (unless you have something else in mind) that he will play a bigger role.
Storywise, be careful how you handle the infection from here. To make it work correctly, you will have to explain what exactly is happening in the world around the school with the living dead. Mass outbreak or is it Contained? How are others reacting? These are critical points that you will have to address soon with the direction you are taking.
Also, be carefull not to pull a "trapped in one building" scenario, like Romero. Be creative.