Have you heard of Rugby league?

Poll: Have you heard of the sport called 'Rugby league'?

Yes..
86.67%
No..
13.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Just wondering how many people actually know about this sport... I doubt many of you do.
why didn't you put the name of the sport in the thread title

also who's never heard of rugby
I played rugby for a while in high school. Had to quit though since my back couldn't take it anymore.
(Apr. 03, 2009  5:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: why didn't you put the name of the sport in the thread title

also who's never heard of rugby

Done.
Rugby league is a pretty big difference from Rugby union..
Just want to see how little known it is around the world..
I've played Rugby. Then I decided if I want to play sports I don't care for, I should just play Lacross. And I did, for like 3 months. Now hockey is all fine and dandy with me.
lol rugby has nothing to do with rugby league their 2 different sports lol i play rugby league raykon and i coach it. But thats no surprise since im from australia but it truly is a great sport which will become more popular as time goes on. GO THE BULLDOGS!!! (my favourite rugby league team lol)
So, are we talking Canadian Football, to American Football diferences? With this Rugby and Rugby league?
(Apr. 04, 2009  10:44 PM)To Wrote: So, are we talking Canadian Football, to American Football diferences? With this Rugby and Rugby league?

lol to be honest i dont know what the difference is but if they are different as in different rules and game structure then yes like khel said yes.
Rugby League (NRL) is going downhill, A-League is taking over along with the unbeatable AFL, i wouldn't be suprised if the NRL shut down in a few years.
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:02 AM)Sega Wrote: Rugby League (NRL) is going downhill, A-League is taking over along with the unbeatable AFL, i wouldn't be suprised if the NRL shut down in a few years.

no way man i mean afl is dominent in alot of states of australia but nsw and queensland will always love nrl and sorry to say it but australias a-league is really carp it still doesnt pull very good crowds it will take years and years for it to even be decent compared to most other asian countries.
No wayyy... Soccer had a massive boom when we made it to World Cup in 2006, and we only need to score 1 more goal next match to get into the 2010 World Cup its going to boom hard. A-League Grand Final drew over 53,000 people, big attendance for a not so big league. Compared to NRL which is dead to as you said excluding NSW and QLD... even then Stadiums are like always empty, hell even the State of Origin Tickets don't sell out and thats a big draw for the League.

Anyways i go for the Melbourne Storm, haven't really followed them but if they're repping Melbourne, then yeah im behind them Wink

I really think the AFL could lose some ground over the years aswell, Im really feeling a major Soccer boom happening down the tracks, i think people are looking for a change.
(Apr. 05, 2009  4:48 PM)Sega Wrote: No wayyy... Soccer had a massive boom when we made it to World Cup in 2006, and we only need to score 1 more goal next match to get into the 2010 World Cup its going to boom hard. A-League Grand Final drew over 53,000 people, big attendance for a not so big league. Compared to NRL which is dead to as you said excluding NSW and QLD... even then Stadiums are like always empty, hell even the State of Origin Tickets don't sell out and thats a big draw for the League.

Anyways i go for the Melbourne Storm, haven't really followed them but if they're repping Melbourne, then yeah im behind them Wink

I really think the AFL could lose some ground over the years aswell, Im really feeling a major Soccer boom happening down the tracks, i think people are looking for a change.

Yeah but the national team doesnt play many times a year it may be a sell out when australia plays soccer but its also a sellout when australia plays nrl and one game a year draws a crowd of 53,000 but the brisbane broncos average crowd is 45,000 or so and thats just in a round to round home match. Sorry sega but australian soccer is nowhere near rugby league atm and wont be for a very long time.