Hasbro vs. TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Burst Part Weights

Figured this deserved a thread. Over the past few days I've tested and observed several relatively significant weight differences between Hasbro Beyblade Burst parts and TAKARA-TOMY parts.

Hasbro vs. TAKARA-TOMY Beyblade Burst Part Weights
LEGEND: Green (Heavier) | Red (Lighter) | Purple (Significant Difference, .5g or greater)

LAYERS

Currently Missing: Kerbeus, Horusood

DISKS

If anyone else wants to post their own comparisons, please feel free. It's possible there could be certain variances not seen in my collection of parts.

The most pleasant surprise for me in all of this was my 20g+ Limited Hasbro Disk (or whatever the code is ...). Eee
It seems that the majority of the TT parts were heavier. And whoa, some of them have big weight differences. Jesus.

Thanks so much for starting this thread; it's definitely very helpful. Smile
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:29 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: It seems that the majority of the TT parts were heavier. And whoa, some of them have big weight differences. Jesus.

Yeah, in general TT parts are heavier. Not surprising considering this sort of thing happened in MFB sometimes. When Hasbro parts were heavier, it was by a small margin and I'm sure it could go either way depending on your individual Layer since the difference is so small in those instances.

You're welcome!
Wow, they upgraded Limited to 20g! I can't wait to continue not using it.

(thanks for posting this btw, it's an interesting read albeit mostly unsurprising given that it's, you know, hasbro. :P)
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:35 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Wow, they upgraded Limited to 20g! I can't wait to continue not using it.

Limited is good on Valkyrie, just saying. Especially at over 20g.
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:36 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:35 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Wow, they upgraded Limited to 20g! I can't wait to continue not using it.

Limited is good on Valkyrie, just saying. Especially at over 20g.

It is? Huh. Neat. I guess it makes sense since Limited and Force are similar shapes, but personally I'll stick with Heavy/Gravity, or at least I would if they hadn't mADE THEM LIGHTER

fricking hasbro, man
Hasbro's Limited weight increase seems kinda moot. The only particularly competitive disk of that weight is Knuckle, but that's because of it's weight distribution (Which is effectively the opposite of Limited) and height (Knuckle being so short, it can wobble a bit further before going down completely)

Limited was obviously made with defense in mind (With it's weight being mostly centered), but at that point just use Gravity or Heavy.
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:31 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:29 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: It seems that the majority of the TT parts were heavier. And whoa, some of them have big weight differences. Jesus.

Yeah, in general TT parts are heavier. Not surprising considering this sort of thing happened in MFB sometimes. When Hasbro parts were heavier, it was by a small margin and I'm sure it could go either way depending on your individual Layer since the difference is so small in those instances.

You're welcome!

Very true. I agree.

Smile
(Sep. 05, 2016  2:42 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: ...I'll stick with Heavy/Gravity, or at least I would if they hadn't mADE THEM LIGHTER
fricking hasbro, man

You people. Hasbro parts are not designed to compete against TT parts so, while this is bad for us, it's not actually a bad decision. Or have you forgotten how dominant the heavier versions were?
Hasbro is trying to make disk choice more relevant it seems.
And I suppose that by not actually ever calling it "Heavy", they do not have to stick to it and make it the heaviest Disc anymore hah.
(Sep. 07, 2016  2:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And I suppose that by not actually ever calling it "Heavy", they do not have to stick to it and make it the heaviest Disc anymore hah.

The Heavy and Gravity here are both the heaviest discs shown though?
But in the future they have more freedom to change the weights.
Technically "Heavy" doesn't have to mean "Heaviest" anyway.

I hate this whole product code name scheme. MFB made sense because it used abbreviated part descriptions, not arbitrarily assigned letters and numbers.
(Sep. 07, 2016  3:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But in the future they have more freedom to change the weights.

I don't think that's what's going to stop Takara-Tomy from making heavier disks haha
Ahh, I saw this thread and the one thread where you show Odin's extra spike, and I'm honestly disappointed. I love Odin, due to its looks and performance, but it seems Hasbro destroyed it. Meh, might as well grab Chaos.
This weight difference still continues to this day alot of hasbro disks and layer are usually a gram or more lighter than their tt counterparts
Edit: wanted to mention these 
Sr: 16.2g
srs3: 14.41g
dF :12.8g
F3:10.96g
Hasbro 0 disc: 23.65g
Hasbro 7 disc: 22.65g 
TT 7 disc: 23.2g
TT 0 disc: 24g