Hasbro and adults

Hi I'm new to the WBO but have been a HUGE beyblade fan since it came to the west in 2001 I've purchased most of the original generation beyblades including DVDs,vhs,tcg, ECT. I wasn't to fond of the metal fight/ fusion series beyblade so I decided to skip it. I am now 25 years and through looking through YouTube and various sites have noticed a big surge in beyblade due to the burst series beyblades. I've realized I really enjoy the burst series it reminds me a lot of the original plastic series especially since TT has started making remakes of the originals in the burst format. My question and I guess my intro to the community is how do you feel hasbros approach has been regarding beyblade over the years? If I'm not mistaken beyblade 15th anniversary is soon or has already passed and as a result the game is as big as ever dispite the fact that other companies have tired to capitalize on beyblades success like for example Lego and the Ninjago franchise. Do you feel Hasbro has done enough for the game as a whole considering it's one of their oldest properties? With Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh both recently celebrating their 20th anniversary recently they have solidified themselves as franchises that are here to stay and or also open and can be enjoyed by all ages. 

My biggest question to the community is do you think Hasbro and also TT should be more inclusive when it comes to beyblade being acceptable to all ages like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon especially considering the very narrow age limit they have set for the 2018 world championship?
In WBO tournaments I don't think there is an upper age limit. You will most likely see bladers ranging from young and excited newcomers to the seasoned pro and everything in between. You are never too old to enjoy your hobby. Hasbro is just marketing to kids. TT will allow adults to take part.
my general opinion is that both companies primarily target kids ages 8-13, however TT makes more of an effort to develop a balanced system.

this effort leads to a platform where people of all ages can enjoy a strategic and competitive game.

hasbro on the other hand, is selling semi-disposable toys to kids and doesn’t really care if their system fosters strategic play (imbalanced burst resistance, no god chips, weaker launcher options).

this doesn’t cover the aesthetic differences, but i believe hasbro’s “semi-disposable toy for kids” approach explains this as well.

so to directly answer your question, i think hasbro should be more like TT, because TT beyblades are inclusive of all ages given the balance and depth of their system.
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:31 PM)MWF Wrote: In WBO tournaments I don't think there is an upper age limit. You will most likely see bladers ranging from young and excited newcomers to the seasoned pro and everything in between. You are never too old to enjoy your hobby. Hasbro is just marketing to kids. TT will allow adults to take part.

I guess it just seems like Hasbro has been dropping the ball lately I.E. (kaijudo and yokai watch). I mean I get it they wanna appeal to their target audience BUT their original target audience has grown up and started having kids of their own but still great enjoy the game I just wish Hasbro could realize beyblade can grow up as well with it's original audience I think TT has done a decent job with that but I don't believe there are any TT tournaments that are legal in the USA is there?
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:50 PM)flamegoon Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:31 PM)MWF Wrote: In WBO tournaments I don't think there is an upper age limit. You will most likely see bladers ranging from young and excited newcomers to the seasoned pro and everything in between. You are never too old to enjoy your hobby. Hasbro is just marketing to kids. TT will allow adults to take part.

I guess it just seems like Hasbro has been dropping the ball lately I.E. (kaijudo and yokai watch). I mean I get it they wanna appeal to their target audience BUT their original target audience has grown up and started having kids of their own but still great enjoy the game I just wish Hasbro could realize beyblade can grow up as well with it's original audience I think TT has done a decent job with that but I don't believe there are any TT tournaments that are legal in the USA is there?

TT is japan only tournament wise from what I know but like I said the WBO organizes their own tournaments. Tournaments with no brand (other than fakes) limitations and no upper age limit.
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:53 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:50 PM)flamegoon Wrote: I guess it just seems like Hasbro has been dropping the ball lately I.E. (kaijudo and yokai watch). I mean I get it they wanna appeal to their target audience BUT their original target audience has grown up and started having kids of their own but still great enjoy the game I just wish Hasbro could realize beyblade can grow up as well with it's original audience I think TT has done a decent job with that but I don't believe there are any TT tournaments that are legal in the USA is there?

TT is japan only tournament wise from what I know but like I said the WBO organizes their own tournaments. Tournaments with no brand (other than fakes) limitations and no upper age limit.

I believe I read in another thread that TT will be having a age 13+ tournament separate from the main event at the world championship in paris is that correct?
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:58 PM)flamegoon Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:53 PM)MWF Wrote: TT is japan only tournament wise from what I know but like I said the WBO organizes their own tournaments. Tournaments with no brand (other than fakes) limitations and no upper age limit.

I believe I read in another thread that TT will be having a age 13+ tournament separate from the main event at the world championship in paris is that correct?

Don't know.
In my opinion there should be no restriction on age issue, beyblade is for everyone of all ages, it is revolting, especially in shop-mall that hold events, it is exclusive for children. I'm 26 years old, I love beyblade I live in Brazil. Not much happens here, not to mention that the price of the bey is expensive, so I'm here, I want to bring events to my city for everyone to attend.

It is unjust to stay out of these events as well as bleyders.
(Mar. 22, 2018  2:45 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: my general opinion is that both companies primarily target kids ages 8-13, however TT makes more of an effort to develop a balanced system.

this effort leads to a platform where people of all ages can enjoy a strategic and competitive game.

hasbro on the other hand, is selling semi-disposable toys to kids and doesn’t really care if their system fosters strategic play (imbalanced burst resistance, no god chips, weaker launcher options).  

this doesn’t cover the aesthetic differences, but i believe hasbro’s “semi-disposable toy for kids” approach explains this as well.

so to directly answer your question, i think hasbro should be more like TT, because TT beyblades are inclusive of all ages given the balance and depth of their system.

Very well said. You can see it in Hasbro marketing.
Beyblade is E-for Everyone, no matter the age.

*COUGH* COUGH* Hasbro Tournaments *COUGH* COUGH*
i have never heard of takara setting age limits ... hasbro has the western mindset that beyblade is merely a toy and therefore is inappropriate for anyone generally past puberty