Hasbro Supergrip Launcher Review

I bought mine at my local walmart for $4.97. So around $5.40 after tax and all. Ive had it for about 2 weeks now. Upon first inspection, it seems kinda cheap. (as do all hasbro launchers) but, seeing as its the best i had readily available (those small standard launchers are hard to use being 24 with larger hands). So i gave it a chance. The first idk, 100-200 launches were really solid and i liked it more than anticipated. After that, the part thats attached to the gear (where you put your Beyblade) started to sound like it was scraping against the side of the area its supposed to fit into. I ignored it and said "owell, for 5 bucks its bound to take SOME wear pretty early" now? im past ready for my takara tomy launchers and launcher grip to come in the mail. Its gotten to the point that it grips too tight or something onto the attached beyblade and it seldomly will launch them properly. For 5 bucks, if you dont care to keep repurchasing them, if you like them that well, then go for it. I may have gotten a lemon. Idk. But i say save yourself the cash and just invest in stuff takara tomy branded. Anyone else have any similar issues with this or other launchers? Ways to fix it?
One thing I've noticed so far about them (I got 2, to be safe haha), is that they WILL deteriorate after a few "bad" or "dud" launches. Although I find this doesn't personally affect my launches much, my girlfriend started to really struggle to launch from the SG launcher. In regards to this, if you can work out a way of basically tapping the nail back in, you can get the launcher working better.. Its not perfect but there is a noticeable difference.
(This may be because of the way I launch but,) I've also noticed that's I'm far less likely to "pull wrong" when I use the rip cord "long ways" rather than sideways. (I'm Australian but I hope that makes sense haha)
if you attach 2 normal launchers to the end and put it in like the sword launcher the ripcord remains straight and results in a better launch
I literally had to wear down the prongs on the inside of it just for it to work again. God i hope my TT launchers come in early
(Feb. 10, 2017  1:30 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: if you attach 2 normal launchers to the end and put it in like the sword launcher the ripcord remains straight and results in a better launch

I find that 1 blue launcher does the trick. 2 seems a little excessive as there's only 4cm (approx 1 ½ inches) of winder left with the 1 blue launcher. But it definitely helps make the launches smoother. I actually find that it doesn't work very well (sometimes if at all) when I use the side inserts for the winder. It seems like it was definitely designed to be used like a sword launcher.
(Feb. 10, 2017  3:37 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: I find that 1 blue launcher does the trick. 2 seems a little excessive as there's only 4cm (approx 1 ½ inches) of winder left with the 1 blue launcher. But it definitely helps make the launches smoother. I actually find that it doesn't work very well (sometimes if at all) when I use the side inserts for the winder. It seems like it was definitely designed to be used like a sword launcher.
I use 2 just for better grip on my part
Well i have a grip, a bey launcher, and a long winder launcher on the way so ill be fine once that comes. Just wanted to rant about how crappy of a job hasbro ALWAYS seems to do with their launchers.
(Feb. 10, 2017  3:42 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: I use 2 just for better grip on my part

Makes sense. I don't need the extra but thats more the way I hold it lol.

As for the Hasbro launchers themselves. Honestly, they're actually REALLY good IMO. BUT, ONLY if you can launch smoothly, otherwise they are terrible. And because this is aimed at younger players, thats what makes them terrible. But I must say, they are pretty durable, they don't hold they're top performance very well, but they do keep working...basically (haha). But I've never used a TT launcher either so I don't know
(Feb. 10, 2017  4:53 AM)TwitchK9 Wrote: Makes sense. I don't need the extra but thats more the way I hold it lol.

As for the Hasbro launchers themselves. Honestly, they're actually REALLY good IMO. BUT, ONLY if you can launch smoothly, otherwise they are terrible. And because this is aimed at younger players, thats what makes them terrible. But I must say, they are pretty durable, they don't hold they're top performance very well, but they do keep working...basically (haha). But I've never used a TT launcher either so I don't know

Ive not used a TT burst one yet but if theyre in the same league as the mfb line TT launchers were theyll be lightyears better.
I've noticed that my supergrip launcher works fine with most of my beys, except for doomscizor. I'm not sure if it's the weight distribution on it or just a weird coincidence, but it seems to exclusively misfire doomscizor combos.
(Feb. 10, 2017  4:14 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: I've noticed that my supergrip launcher works fine with most of my beys, except for doomscizor. I'm not sure if it's the weight distribution on it or just a weird coincidence, but it seems to exclusively misfire doomscizor combos.

I've noticed Doomscizor as well. Also Nepstrius seems to not work very easily either. I can't work out why this is either.
(Feb. 10, 2017  10:20 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Ive not used a TT burst one yet but if theyre in the same league as the mfb line TT launchers were theyll be lightyears better.

From what I've seen and heard there shouldn't be THAT big of a difference...If all Hasbro launchers end up being this same sort of design though, then I'd say to definitely acquire TT launchers and accessories. Heres hoping we get something worth while...
I have 3 super grip launchers.Also,IT'S ABOUT SUPER GRIP LAUNCHERS!!!
Got in both my beylauncher, and my light launcher with long winder and shockingly the power is better on the light launcher and the hasbro light launchers with the bey launcher seeming to be a bit weaker. I cant get it to the point i hear wind coming off my bey like i can the other launchers. But between the 2 light launchers the only thing i can tell is hugely different is the hasbro launchers quality is ALOT lower. That quality doesnt affect the RPMs from what i can tell but it does affect the stability of the launch. I launched 20 times with each, using my old mfb stadium and the spin time for
Dranzer S. S/T was within milli-seconds apart. On average he spun for 1min and 21 secs. But when launched with the hasbro launcher he would wobble more. Idk if thats due to my poor skill with the hasbro one or 100% the quality. You all decide. But yea, the "super grip one" is now just used as a grip for the hasbro launchers haha
The super grip launcher is definitely not as good as most/all Takara Tomy launchers, which is pretty clear. However, compared to the Hasbro basic launcher, it has a few things going for it. It comes with a longer Ripcord, which is always a plus, and makes it the temporary equivalent of a Sword Launcher/ Long winder with grip. Mine also seems to stop the prongs sooner than the basic one, which launches the bey sooner while it still has more power and keeps it from sticking to the launcher(my beys have trouble with that the more I use my basic one, mostly Nepstrius), not to mention all the ways it can be customized.
Basically, is it better or just as good as TT ones? Probably not, but it sure is a great launcher for Hasbro only player like myself.
Oh, and by the way, my SG launcher set-up is to put the ripcord in the SG launcher sword-style, then putting the Blue/Basic Launcher on the side and using it as a handle for my launcher
I find it really usefull for multiple luanch more then competitive used... with the long ripcord I can launch up to 3 beys. with the old Bakuten shoot Dragon ripcord I can launch 4 beys
I mean im all about the power and stability.
I think it might be the Dual Layer vs the original burst that causes the problem, seems that the non-dual layer beblades don't works o well with the supergrip launcher, just what I've noticed
(Feb. 22, 2017  9:17 PM)Outpost67 Wrote: I think it might be the Dual Layer vs the original burst that causes the problem, seems that the non-dual layer beblades don't works o well with the supergrip launcher, just what I've noticed

All i basically use is dual layer anymore. My most used bey is my Spryzen S2. I just chalk it up to poor manufacturing
(Feb. 27, 2017  4:57 AM)rocky1234678 Wrote: Will I like it

Well, that depends on you and your interests
since I have small hands, the Hasbro launchers aren't bad. the only complaint I have about it is that its hollow and my fingers just naturaly curl into the hollow space so it gets uncomfortable after 10-20 launches.
I have found that the Hasbro super grip launcher is my most powerful launcher and I have the tt lr string launcher and the sword launcher. But it wore so fast that 1 month of having it and it skips the gears in the launcher.