Halo 4(2012)

It isn't out yet, and I really cannot speak for design because of that.

Though I definitely look forward to the Multiplayer either way.
Can anyone elaborate on all of these pre-order bonuses? It is all very confusing, and there is no distinction between what is an armor skin and what is a new armor? For example, the Venator Raptor bonus from Best Buy...is it a skin for a pre-existing armor in all versions of the game? Or is it a new armor all together, only avaliable through the best Buy pre-order? And this Deadeye helmet...is it a new helmet, or a new skin?

All things considered, Halo 4 looks fantastic, and 343 is the only group I trust now to continue the Halo franchise in the right direction, because they have succeeded in providing us with new content while keeping the legendary Halo-game feel.

The lack of Firefight is a tad bit depressing, and I would rather have Spartan Ops be something unique in its own right, and not just Firefight with a story, so hopefully the last part of that concern is merely a concern...

Still, Spartan Ops is revolutionary, Multiplayer looks phenomenal, and the campaign looks fantastic.

I am worried, however, that we haven't heard anything about Theater or Forge. They have been confirmed to be in the game, but no details yet, which leaves me scared to think that 343 has barley bothered to improve it from the last halo game. While I understand they are not the main components of the game itself, and that Spartan Ops, War Games, and the Campaign are the most important, those 2 modes need to be improved if this game is to be the complete "re-volution" (quoted from the new Halo music composer) it has been cranked up to be.

Speaking of the music, from what we have heard so far, we shouldn't need to worry to much about not having Neil Davidge live up to Martin O'Donnell's legacy...
Master Chief is unusually less alert judging by the damage he takes (the ones not under players timing error, like that Promethean Knight ambushing). Versus, you know, the entire first encounter with the Flood? According to plot-accurate game play he evacuates unscathed.

Poor guy's gotta deal with Cortana's lifespan and not having the best reflexes.

I cannot wait to see her go Batcarp insane halfway through haha.
How can a character you control have poor reflexes? You are the one controlling him, plus controller/look sensitivity will be adjustable in the game, just like it was in Halo Reach and Halo 3. Not only that, but that version of halo 4 shown at the Xbox360 E3 premiere seemed to be somewhat..."unfinished" isn't a good word, but it was obvious that some tweaking needs to be done with the aiming. Weather or not it was a technical problem with the game or the controller is not something I know, but what I am referring to was very evident right before that Elite got vaporized by that Promethean...considering no one in their right mind would show a game knowing the aiming had some bugs, I am sure it was a random occurrence or something went wrong with the system or controller...

If anyone of you could answer my pre-order question, that would be grand. I want to make sure that I get the most out of my pre-order...

And seeing Cortana lose her mind will be a very interesting conflict to see unfold...
(Jun. 12, 2012  2:06 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: How can a character you control have poor reflexes? You are the one controlling him, plus controller/look sensitivity will be adjustable in the game, just like it was in Halo Reach and Halo 3. Not only that, but that version of halo 4 shown at the Xbox360 E3 premiere seemed to be somewhat..."unfinished" isn't a good word, but it was obvious that some tweaking needs to be done with the aiming. Weather or not it was a technical problem with the game or the controller is not something I know, but what I am referring to was very evident right before that Elite got vaporized by that Promethean...considering no one in their right mind would show a game knowing the aiming had some bugs, I am sure it was a random occurrence or something went wrong with the system or controller...

If anyone of you could answer my pre-order question, that would be grand. I want to make sure that I get the most out of my pre-order...

And seeing Cortana lose her mind will be a very interesting conflict to see unfold...

To clear up what I've said, he gets more frequently surprise-attacked (especially at the end) during Gameplay versus cutscene. Sorry for wording it stupidly. Though I wonder if you'll get to mess with button sequences for wrestling off enemies. Almost looks like that heh.

Halo Reach's scene of an elite ambushing Noble team and taking that civilian hostage for example. It would have been cool to see how that would have gone right, if you could have controlled that.

No this game definitely does looks smooth, I want to vaporize half the whiners honestly lol.
(Jun. 12, 2012  2:26 AM)Apply Without Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2012  2:06 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: How can a character you control have poor reflexes? You are the one controlling him, plus controller/look sensitivity will be adjustable in the game, just like it was in Halo Reach and Halo 3. Not only that, but that version of halo 4 shown at the Xbox360 E3 premiere seemed to be somewhat..."unfinished" isn't a good word, but it was obvious that some tweaking needs to be done with the aiming. Weather or not it was a technical problem with the game or the controller is not something I know, but what I am referring to was very evident right before that Elite got vaporized by that Promethean...considering no one in their right mind would show a game knowing the aiming had some bugs, I am sure it was a random occurrence or something went wrong with the system or controller...

To clear up what I've said, he gets more frequently surprise-attacked (especially at the end) during Gameplay versus cutscene. Sorry for wording it stupidly. Though I wonder if you'll get to mess with button sequences for wrestling off enemies. Almost looks like that heh.

Halo Reach's scene of an elite ambushing Noble team and taking that civilian hostage for example. It would have been cool to see how that would have gone right, if you could have controlled that.

No this game definitely does looks smooth, I want to vaporize half the whiners honestly lol.

Truth be told, parts of the Halo 4 shown at E3 look demo-oriented. I mean, either in-game, real-time cut-scenes have gotten that much better, or it really was an edited portion of the game. The way the level seemed to be designed "especially with the immediate introduction to new enemies and weapons. While it is obviously a real level in the game, I do not think the finished game will have a portion of a level 100% accurate to what we saw. I really cant say for sure though

While I do respect others opinions, as of late I have become extremely intolerable of "This game sucks because it isn't Halo"; "This game sucks because it still is Halo" ; "This game rocks because it is just like COD now"

ugh...
(Jun. 11, 2012  10:23 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Can anyone elaborate on all of these pre-order bonuses? It is all very confusing, and there is no distinction between what is an armor skin and what is a new armor? For example, the Venator Raptor bonus from Best Buy...is it a skin for a pre-existing armor in all versions of the game? Or is it a new armor all together, only avaliable through the best Buy pre-order? And this Deadeye helmet...is it a new helmet, or a new skin?

To elaborate on the preorder bonuses, from what I've seen for each of the preorder bonuses. Its basically just a new color for armor I believe. Preorder from gamestop and you get the Forest upgrade to your HAZOP armor. I believe that none of the preorder bonuses are new armor and they're all skins other than the Oceanic armor you get from preordering from Game UK. The Deadeye helmet is a brand new helmet. The Venator Raptor armor is a skin for the regular Venator armor. I hope this has answered your question.
I reckon Halo 4 is gonna be awesome Grin Im disappointed by the fact that it has no firefight, they should have kept it as well as made room for "spartan ops" What do you guys think of spartan ops? Or the spartan 4s? Halo 4 at e3 was Mind Blowing!!! Can someone tell me the preorder bonus for preordering it in eb games australia? Oh and Master Chief's jump will not be as high as the other games. 343 explained this because that he has been in cryo chamber and has lost touch. I wonder who Cortana was yelling at ..."I wont let you leave this ship!!" Or something.
All preorder bonuses
EB games comes with the Forest skin for your HAZOP armor.
EB games Canada comes with the Arctic skin for your Assault Rifle
Best Buy comes wtih the Raptor skin for your Venator armor
Amazon comes with the Web skin for the CIO armor
Play.com comes with the Deadeye skin for the Deadeye helmet
Microsoft Store comes with the Pulse skin for your Gugnir armor
Game UK comes with the Oceanic armor and skin