[HMS] :: Q&A Thread

(May. 31, 2014  10:25 PM)Bastion Wrote: all 3 for $90?

Go for it Smile

here's a helpful resource: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List

Note: people on ebay will very possibly laugh at that list, since many are out there to make stacks of cash and aren't interested in intrinsic value

I wish...
It's $80 a piece, and he has 3.
His eBay name is worldofbeys and he said he'd give me a 6% discount off as a WBO member.
(May. 31, 2014  11:22 PM)NeoFantom Wrote:
(May. 31, 2014  10:25 PM)Bastion Wrote: all 3 for $90?

Go for it Smile

here's a helpful resource: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List

Note: people on ebay will very possibly laugh at that list, since many are out there to make stacks of cash and aren't interested in intrinsic value

I wish...
It's $80 a piece, and he has 3.
His eBay name is worldofbeys and he said he'd give me a 6% discount off as a WBO member.

Ouch.
Eh, your choice. Wolborg MS don't com up as often as they used to. Still, the reference price is $30...
Yeah, they are really worth $50 at a maximum price. There is one on Y!JA for around $50 anyway.
The same guy also has a Proto Gray HMS Booster.
It's $80; and a 1/6 chance I could get a MSUV...
Wolborg MS should definitely not be purchased for eighty dollars. While they are not up right now for some reason, several Wolborg MS on Yahoo! Japan Auctions have gone unclaimed for months for 2,980 yen. Anything more than forty dollars is not worth it at all. I am certain those Wolborg MS will be relisted eventually.

(Jun. 01, 2014  5:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wolborg MS should definitely not be purchased for eighty dollars. While they are not up right now for some reason, several Wolborg MS on Yahoo! Japan Auctions have gone unclaimed for months for 2,980 yen. Anything more than forty dollars is not worth it at all. I am certain those Wolborg MS will be relisted eventually.

Thanks for the help guys! I won't make anymore stupid impulse buys!
The WBO is a really useful forum.
I don't know Japanese; so how exactly can I buy from Yahoo Auctions? Also, is it run through Paypal?
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:53 AM)NeoFantom Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:16 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wolborg MS should definitely not be purchased for eighty dollars. While they are not up right now for some reason, several Wolborg MS on Yahoo! Japan Auctions have gone unclaimed for months for 2,980 yen. Anything more than forty dollars is not worth it at all. I am certain those Wolborg MS will be relisted eventually.

I don't know Japanese; so how exactly can I buy from Yahoo Auctions? Also, is it run through Paypal?
You would need a middle man to do YJA. You should ask OkinawamTS about it.
(Jun. 01, 2014  6:07 AM)Stars Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:53 AM)NeoFantom Wrote:

You would need a middle man to do YJA. You should ask OkinawamTS about it.

Sounds like a hassle for beyblades.
If they had an international system; it would be beneficial to sellers because more possible business candidates.
Well, I guess it may be time to trash the house to look for gift cards /:
Hey Smile

ur right guys 2980 yen for a new wolborg ms in japan, BUT no one telled him that he have to pay then middlemen fee (900 yen), bank fee (900yen) and shipping in japan (1200 yen) and then this wolborg costs about 6000 yen (60 dollars) excluding international shipping.
(Jun. 01, 2014  11:29 AM)taxus Wrote: Hey Smile

ur right guys 2980 yen for a new wolborg ms in japan, BUT no one telled him that he have to pay then middlemen fee (900 yen), bank fee (900yen) and shipping in japan (1200 yen) and then this wolborg costs about 6000 yen (60 dollars) excluding international shipping.

But while you are at Yahoo! Japan Auctions, buy other things and it becomes a lot more worthwhile. Also, not all middleman fees are 900 yen, and I only had one case of one item costing double because of extra fees.

EDIT : By the way, all prices in the Beyblade Price Reference List do not include shipping. So, if a seller wants to sell a Wolborg MS forty dollars plus forty dollars shipping, that is OK. However, when sellers write that shipping is free, obviously the item itself is not worth the overall price and shipping does not cost them nothing, so you have to wonder if you are OK with forty dollars of shipping.

Anyway, NeoFantom, I made a thread about how to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions in the Bey Marketplace forum. It is rather simple, so as long as you have Paypal, it works like a charm.
(Jun. 01, 2014  1:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  11:29 AM)taxus Wrote: Hey Smile

But while you are at Yahoo! Japan Auctions, buy other things and it becomes a lot more worthwhile. Also, not all middleman fees are 900 yen, and I only had one case of one item costing double because of extra fees.

EDIT : By the way, all prices in the Beyblade Price Reference List do not include shipping. So, if a seller wants to sell a Wolborg MS forty dollars plus forty dollars shipping, that is OK. However, when sellers write that shipping is free, obviously the item itself is not worth the overall price and shipping does not cost them nothing, so you have to wonder if you are OK with forty dollars of shipping.

Anyway, NeoFantom, I made a thread about how to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions in the Bey Marketplace forum. It is rather simple, so as long as you have Paypal, it works like a charm.

Nice guide! I actually may be able to do this tomorrow.
Hopefully I can learn the language one day. Then this could be a bit easier.
Using "buyee" is a safe bet too. There tends to be links advertised at the top of each item auction page.
Note that they only act on your behalf for items listed by sellers with sufficient reputation.
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:34 PM)Bastion Wrote: Using "buyee" is a safe bet too. There tends to be links advertised at the top of each item auction page.
Note that they only act on your behalf for items listed by sellers with sufficient reputation.

I will keep Buyee in mind!
I do think I'll use eBay as well; there's a pretty good used lot.
(Jun. 01, 2014  6:30 PM)NeoFantom Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  5:34 PM)Bastion Wrote: Using "buyee" is a safe bet too. There tends to be links advertised at the top of each item auction page.

Good luck Smile
(Jun. 02, 2014  12:52 AM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2014  6:30 PM)NeoFantom Wrote:

Good luck Smile

Thank you, Bastion!
So, what makes Samurai Upper better then Circle Upper??
(Jun. 07, 2014  4:06 PM)Neo~ Wrote: So, what makes Samurai Upper better then Circle Upper??

A quick visit to Beywiki would have answered that question.

Beywiki Wrote:The ABS Caul of Samurai Upper contains many notches and protrusions that give it Smash Attack ability which was not present in Circle Upper. In addition, the heavier weight and higher amount of plastic to absorb shock from hits contributes to its Defense ability. The sacrifice is that it has less Survival ability, but considering that Circle Upper was generally used for Attack-types, this is not seen as much of a drawback. For Survival-type combos, Circle Upper is still a better choice.
(Jun. 07, 2014  4:22 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  4:06 PM)Neo~ Wrote: So, what makes Samurai Upper better then Circle Upper??

Beywiki Wrote:The ABS Caul of Samurai Upper contains many notches and protrusions that give it Smash Attack ability which was not present in Circle Upper. In addition, the heavier weight and higher amount of plastic to absorb shock from hits contributes to its Defense ability. The sacrifice is that it has less Survival ability, but considering that Circle Upper was generally used for Attack-types, this is not seen as much of a drawback. For Survival-type combos, Circle Upper is still a better choice.
Thanks! But if the part isn't available, is Circle Upper viable?
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:29 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  4:22 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:

Thanks! But if the part isn't available, is Circle Upper viable?

Yes, I would assume so.
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:29 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Thanks! But if the part isn't available, is Circle Upper viable?

Absolutely, Circle Upper is still a top-tier part, it just has a successor :p
(Jun. 07, 2014  9:46 PM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  5:29 PM)Neo~ Wrote: Thanks! But if the part isn't available, is Circle Upper viable?

Great. Would there still be any chance of beating its successor part?
(Jun. 07, 2014  10:18 PM)Neo~ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2014  9:46 PM)Bastion Wrote:

Great. Would there still be any chance of beating its successor part?

To be honest, samurai upper is the single best offensive AR of the entire HMS gen.
Objectively, the answer would be "no", but obviously if you take skill into account then there's always a chance of beating any part Smile

edit: Circle Upper does have a less offensive/obtrusive plastic component so it gives a smoother shape, so it MAY be better than Samurai Upper for defensive/survival purposes Grin
(Jun. 08, 2014  1:17 AM)Bastion Wrote: edit: Circle Upper does have a less offensive/obtrusive plastic component so it gives a smoother shape, so it MAY be better than Samurai Upper for defensive/survival purposes Grin

Actually Circle Upper is preferred over Wolf Crusher for Bearing Core combos because it provides some offensive capabilities with no significant drop in Stamina.
(Jun. 08, 2014  1:54 AM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  1:17 AM)Bastion Wrote: edit: Circle Upper does have a less offensive/obtrusive plastic component so it gives a smoother shape, so it MAY be better than Samurai Upper for defensive/survival purposes Grin

Actually Circle Upper is preferred over Wolf Crusher for Bearing Core combos because it provides some offensive capabilities with no significant drop in Stamina.

Was that meant to confirm my point or refute it?
Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
(Jun. 08, 2014  3:04 AM)Bastion Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2014  1:54 AM)Woumb@ Wrote:

Was that meant to confirm my point or refute it?
Chief 2002 - Hmm ...

Confirm it. You sounded unsure with that capital MAY, but then again I can't know for sure since this is the internet and I can't hear the tone in your voice, haha.