HF/S vs HF

Poll: Which tip do you use in the absence of RF or R2F?

HF/S
54.84%
HF
45.16%
Total: 100% 31 vote(s)
I am not sure where to put this, I think this is the correct place? If not, then it can be deleted, or if there is already a topic for this then go right ahead delete it.

After reading the Storm Aquario article on BeyWiki, and reading that HF/S, due to it's wideness, has a faster movement speed than HF. So, I decided to try and figure out if HF/S is better than HF for attack. Of course, it is definitely not as good as tips like RF or R2F, but I do not have either one, and I was trying to figure out which one would be a better substitue for the RF. My HF/S and HF based bey is Lightning L-Drago 100__. The HF/S is in HF mode. The Results:
USING HF/S
VS MF Earth Aquario (EA~abbreviated for the sake of time~) C145WD
1: LLD Stadium Out
2: EA Stadium Out
3: LLD Outspin
4: EA Outspin
5: LLD Stadium out
So... There is a 60% win rate using HF/S against this combo... Hmm...

USING HF

LLD against the same combo, EA C145WD except this time LLD has HF:
2: LLD Outspin
3: EA Outspin
4: EA Stadium Out
5: EA outspin
Using HF, there is only a 40% win rate against the same combo... Interesting...
How about against a stamina type? This is less necessary, and probably a little irrelevant, but:
USING HF/S
VS Burn Bull 100SD (BB for short)
2: BB Stadium Out
3: BB Stadium Out
4: LLD Stadium Out
5: LLD Stadium Out
Another 60% win rate...
USING HF
VS the same combo (BB):
1: BB Stadium Out
2: LLD Stadium Out
3: LLD Stadium Out
4: LLD Stadium Out
Woah, suddenly an 80% win rate pops up. OK, now for the final results:

Using HF/S seems to be a better choice when facing a Defensive WD-Based opponent, but HF performs better when facing a SD-Based stamina combo... Hmm... So, for now, I guess that either one could be used, depending on the situation? I will have some tests of HF/S and HF LLD's going against a WB opponent soon...
Correct me if this is wrong, and feel free to do tests to prove/ disprove my theory! I guess I am sort of trying to find a use for HF/S... I am open to criticism, so thank you in advance for your advice!
I say If you want low attack use hf, and if you want lifted attack use hf/s.<sort of off topic.
WD is not even a good Defense Bottom ...
WD isnt even a defense bottom... its a stamina lolz

makes you question the name choice...
I know, I did these tests before I had a WB. I have a WB now, and am in the middle of testing with it.
you mean wd right? that's what they were mentioning.
No, I said that I used WD instead of WB because I did not have a WB at the time. Now I do. The results:
(Still using LLD 100___)
USING HF/S
VS MF Earth Bull (EB) C145WB
1: EB Stadium out
2: EB Stadium out
3: LLD Stadium Out
4: EB Outspin
Ok, only a 40% win rate against a current top tier defensive bey (unless WB was replaced by CS or RS). Now how about when using HF???
USING HF
2: LLD Stadium Out
3: EB Stadium Out
4: EB Outspin
So, HF has a 60% win rate against a combo that HF/s had only a 40% win rate... Hmm...
Of course, RF and R2F are WAAAY better than HF and HF/S. This is just to help me figure out which one to use since I don't have a RF or R2F. Any comments, other tests, criticism?
your percentage error is phenomenal with such a small pool of tests.
Do you mean the 405? sorry, it was a typo. I fixed it. And, yes, I know I need to do more rounds of testing. Sorry!
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: WD is not even a good Defense Bottom ...

How is WD a bad defence bottom?
WD has a fine point and less friction with the stadium floor.
Good defense tips like WB and RS have a lot more friction with the stadium so they aren't knocked around as easily.
Yes, there was a full page and a half of debate about this in "Build Me a Combo!" I think...
If someone has an RS, could they please use it against a LLD 100HF/S and a LLD 100HF, please? I would like to see the results! Thank you!
WB is a bad defense bottom. :\
(Dec. 18, 2010  9:41 PM)omniblader12 Wrote: How is WD a bad defence bottom?
The real question is : "How can you ask why it is a bad Defense Bottom ?"

Dan Wrote:WB is a bad defense bottom.
Again, I am not sure "bad" is the right term ... It is much better than several other Bottoms, but it might just be outclassed in some aspects by CS, RS and RSF. It was still top tier until recently.
Yes, unfortunately I think WB has finished it's long run through the race of top tier parts, sadly.
I think it is still great tip, though, if you are unable to get a CS, RS, or RSF. By the way, Raytiger or any body who can please post results of LLD 100___ vs the current top tier defense type? I'd like to see which performs better, thanks
(Dec. 19, 2010  2:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Again, I am not sure "bad" is the right term ... It is much better than several other Bottoms, but it might just be outclassed in some aspects by CS, RS and RSF. It was still top tier until recently.
You are right, I haven't given it enough justice at all.
It is merely outclassed. :Y