H145

Yep, very rare to see a MF-H Basalt ______ 85 RS, i use a CS variant though
Arupaeo
Yeah, if H145 is up against anything lower than itself, it basically won't work that well, because H145 has tons of recoil, and when things like Lightning on H145 don't hit the other MW, the opposing bey just makes the H145 combo fly out lol
wait. back up, H145 SUCKS against LTDC, to much recoil produced in the Defense Types favor (only for Basalt, earth would get owned on CS) correct?
LTDC? That's Lightning Tank right? I never learned their names :V
And I really don't know lol
VVV
Derp. :V I need to really learn these terms.
Still, BD145 based combos are everywhere. H145 could dish out some damage... "Some..."

I'm somewhat not in favour in using it for different reasons. Despite being able to dish out the damage, if the part cant handle the force (since like McFrown mentioned, it needs something heavy), but I dont think the durability gives the justice it deserves. (btw, I'm using the reinforced TT variant from RBV3 as reference).

LTDC = Low Track Defence Custom.
Thanks for clarifying that Pcyborg, also, H145 breaks like.............................. the most flimsy plastic ever
(Oct. 21, 2011  5:10 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Quetz bites. But I was thinking Libra could work.
Earth doesn't.
Hmmm, I tried Libra a while back and wasn't pleased. I don't entirely remember why, but against what I tested it against, it sucked.

(Oct. 21, 2011  5:55 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Well, I'll go on record as saying that I think its worthless - mainly because the horns are too low to really come into play with anything other than the floor.

The day of the low track stamina is done, so the only other viable combos which it is like to have a chance of hitting are other attack combos on CH 120 (rare in tournament play and able to neutralize by moving up to 145 height) or a low defense type like Basalt 85 RS (even more rare in tournament play).
Yeah this one. Mostly the first part because I don't go to tournaments.

Plus, it has recoil, something that I don't appreciate and try to minimize in attack combos.
(Oct. 21, 2011  6:31 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2011  5:10 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Quetz bites. But I was thinking Libra could work.
Earth doesn't.
Hmmm, I tried Libra a while back and wasn't pleased. I don't entirely remember why, but against what I tested it against, it sucked.
I've seen uwik using it with Libra. I think think the combo was, MF/MF-HLibra H145 WD.

But I cant remember how it performed though.
(Oct. 21, 2011  5:55 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: the horns are too low to really come into play with anything other than the floor.

See: BD145
(Oct. 21, 2011  6:53 AM)Pcyborg Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2011  6:31 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
Earth doesn't.
I've seen uwik using it with Libra. I think think the combo was, MF/MF-HLibra H145 WD.

But I cant remember how it performed though.

If you meant during the WBBA tournament, it was R145 WD (won 2 matches with it). I then switched to RSF. It was MF-H Libra R145 RSF. Granted, my RSF wasn't primed at that time, won 1 match with a wild KO, but I had to switch bey again since it was a deck system.

Anyway, H145 is prone to breaking. I broke 2 myself. I haven't used it since 2010.
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:36 AM)Dan Wrote: Lightning LDrago+H145 is a combination from the gods, its horns +MW alignment is amazing and it is honestly my favorite combination, more so than BD145 as it is more reliable against anything >145 and light enough to good dayum fast.

IDK if you noticed but I brought it up to be added with Lightning to the tier list a month or two ago..

Saw the video, Basalt will not go down as lightly, considering I can get decent KO rates with Lightning CH120RF against Earth BD145, but zero against Basalt. H145 is the cure for pre-4D attackers vs. BD145, I'd say, but carp I've never tested it against Basalt BD145CS because my brother broke my H145 right after I found it.

Get some testing vs. Basalt and make Lightning viable again!! :V I'm happy to see this being brought up, McFrown, you never fail me. lol
Would you like me to test it with lighting l-Drago and gravity for you?(H145RFvsBasalt kerbecs BD145CS)

(Oct. 21, 2011  6:06 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Arupaeo
Yeah, if H145 is up against anything lower than itself, it basically won't work that well, because H145 has tons of recoil, and when things like Lightning on H145 don't hit the other MW, the opposing bey just makes the H145 combo fly out lol

Could it be used as a recoil-attacker part ?
^ Nope, to much recoil
..... So R145 would actually be BETTER?
Compare MF Gravity Perseus R145 R2F's results against Basalt BD145 CS with MF Gravity Perseus H145 R2F's Results, how many times did Basalt KO Gravity + R145 and H145? if H145 has more KO's done by basalt against it. answer found.
okay I've never broken an H145.
just throwing that out there
I could have sworn that R145 was a great track to use on Gravity ATK combos...huh...
Personally, I love H145. I remember back in December, I threw together a Lightning L-Drago H145RF back in my 'noob' days.
It tossed around everything I owned like a rag doll, but alas, due to the fact I had a Pegasus Thunder Whip back in the day, I stopped using it because of it's low stamina.
(Oct. 21, 2011  5:55 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Well, I'll go on record as saying that I think its worthless - mainly because the horns are too low to really come into play with anything other than the floor.

The day of the low track stamina is done, so the only other viable combos which it is like to have a chance of hitting are other attack combos on CH 120 (rare in tournament play and able to neutralize by moving up to 145 height) or a low defense type like Basalt 85 RS (even more rare in tournament play).

But BD145 is prevalent, at least in my meta(I own 12 of the track for a reason lol) and it lines up nicely with the BD for some nice contact, though I am in agreement with you, I don't think it is any better than other choices... Basalt H145/R145/WD145RF I think its more basalt+RF that gets the job done.

(Oct. 21, 2011  6:15 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: LTDC? That's Lightning Tank right? I never learned their names :V
And I really don't know lol
VVV
Derp. :V I need to really learn these terms.

'Low Track Defense Combo' is what it means... LTSC= low track Stamina combo..

LT is lightning tank

(Oct. 21, 2011  6:28 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Thanks for clarifying that Pcyborg, also, H145 breaks like.............................. the most flimsy plastic ever

Only the original TT version... I have a Hasbro version that has taken a hella beating, still works perfect!! and the TT mold 2 is just as good.
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:28 PM)CRUelty Wrote: I could have sworn that R145 was a great track to use on Gravity ATK combos...huh...
Personally, I love H145. I remember back in December, I threw together a Lightning L-Drago H145RF back in my 'noob' days.
It tossed around everything I owned like a rag doll, but alas, due to the fact I had a Pegasus Thunder Whip back in the day, I stopped using it because of it's low stamina.

R145 on Gravity is decent... I like it quite a bit.
Confirming that R145 is a popular part to use in conjunction with Gravity. It was one of the most recommended parts, when I asked what stuff I should get to supplement my inbound Gravity Reshuffle Set.

The Hasbro H145 prone to breaking is, as I recall, the transluscent one from the Face-Off pack, not the starter. Although, I may have it backwards.

That being said, I'd still be concerned about using H145 against LTAC and LTDC, and its uses against HTDC are probably limited, though I will test that for myself today or sometime this weekend.

EDIT: Tested some things.

Standard Procedures. Gravity Perseus was in Left-Spin.

MF-H Gravity Perseus(Attack) H145RF(Near-Mint) vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS(Semi-Calm)
MF-H GPH145RF: 3 KO
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS: 10 OS, 2 KO

MF-H Lightning L Drago H145RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
MF-H LLDH145RF: 4 KO
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS: 7 OS, 4 KO
Damn that sucks, but 40% better than on CH120 lol.
McFrown, PM me your attack combo ideas!!
Hazel

can you recall how much H145 seemed to make contact?

(Oct. 21, 2011  9:58 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: Hazel

can you recall how much H145 seemed to make contact?

It's not hard to tell, because plastic on plastic makes a very distinctly different sound than metal on plastic or metal on metal.

H145 made quite a good deal of contact in both cases. The KOs scored by Gravity were both H145 full power contact moments, but they were also wall saves - it would've been a draw otherwise.

LLDH145 made more plastic contact, but also recoil-KOed more often, too.

I'm curious to see what H145 does on Vari. I'm already fairly certain of what it'd do on Blitz, given that Blitz has a very specific mechanism of KO. Blitz already has nauseating amounts of recoil, and H145 would also extend beyond its contact points, creating even more.
From my memory, H145 is only good if you happen to get a quick knockout.

Otherwise, you'll almost always get outspun by ANY type because H145 will scrape once both blades start to wobble.

As for the Gravity combos...I think any 145 track would do decently enough. I dont think people having success with H145 in Gravity attack combos has anything to do with H145 -- it has to do with the height in general. Because of Gravity's high recoil, you're likely to get some pretty big hits occasionally when testing.

I remember back in the day I was pretty successful with MF-H Gravity Perseus R145CS.
Large Quote (Click to View)
Funny... Cause I broke my H145 (Hasbro) by battling it against a Fake Dragoon S (Electronic).
I don't keep up with testing on MW's at all. Has H145 been tested on Blitz and Variares? And just some stupid ideas, maybe on Big Bang or LDD?

Tris
Yo bro, don't quote such large posts lol

@Izuma Inzori
Actually H145 is perfect for recoil combos from my experiences!
(Oct. 21, 2011  11:42 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I don't keep up with testing on MW's at all. Has H145 been tested on Blitz and Variares? And just some stupid ideas, maybe on Big Bang or LDD?

Tris
Yo bro, don't quote such large posts lol

@Izuma Inzori
Actually H145 is perfect for recoil combos from my experiences!

Just finished testing a Blitz variant, out of curiousity. It did startlingly well.

Blitz Unicorno II H145RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS
Blitz Unicorno II H145RF: 13 KO
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS: 1 OS 6 KO

More than half of Blitz's KOs, however, were wall-saves.