H145

is it worthless or not?
I think it's a really underused part- one that might be able to deal some damage to BD145 combos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx7aeSRjEyw
Big tracks could be useful. R145/WD145/H145 need to see more Attack usage/testing. We need weight homies.
I've been recommended H145 for Gravity customs before, and I own a couple. When my Gravity Reshuffle Set gets here, I'll be doing some tinkering with it against MF-H Basalt TH170/195/220/BD145 CS/RS/RSF.

Not sure what a video against Earth was intended to prove, though. Is there a single attack MW from current tier 1 that Earth can stop? Libra, maybe, but Earth...?
Coincidentally Lord Wolfblade had PM'ed me about H145 today.

I've always liked H145, except for the fact that since the actual horns on it barely stick out and it's plastic, when it goes against heavier combos, it seems to have a lot of reduced power because of those two things.

Earth is pretty light compared to Basalt.

I've tried H145 on every metal wheel I own, and I feel the actual metal wheel is more reliable than H145. And I'm not confident H145 can do better than VariAres or Blitz.
I've also liked H145. I was watching McFrown's video with Lightning L-Drago on H145, quite useful.
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:25 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Coincidentally Lord Wolfblade had PM'ed me about H145 today.

I've always liked H145, except for the fact that since the actual horns on it barely stick out and it's plastic, when it goes against heavier combos, it seems to have a lot of reduced power because of those two things.

Earth is pretty light compared to Basalt.

I've tried H145 on every metal wheel I own, and I feel the actual metal wheel is more reliable than H145. And I'm not confident H145 can do better than VariAres or Blitz.

The basic premise, as I understand it, behind proper H145 use is to ensure that it is making contact without preventing metal contact, as well.

For Vari and Blitz, you want nothing interfering with the contact those MWs make, so something like H145 doesn't seem that beneficial - they're both best suited to CH120.
Lightning LDrago+H145 is a combination from the gods, its horns +MW alignment is amazing and it is honestly my favorite combination, more so than BD145 as it is more reliable against anything >145 and light enough to good dayum fast.

IDK if you noticed but I brought it up to be added with Lightning to the tier list a month or two ago..

Saw the video, Basalt will not go down as lightly, considering I can get decent KO rates with Lightning CH120RF against Earth BD145, but zero against Basalt. H145 is the cure for pre-4D attackers vs. BD145, I'd say, but carp I've never tested it against Basalt BD145CS because my brother broke my H145 right after I found it.

Get some testing vs. Basalt and make Lightning viable again!! :V I'm happy to see this being brought up, McFrown, you never fail me. lol
I'd also like some clarity as to which H145 we're speaking of, here - there are three(four?) distinct types, so it's probably worth mentioning.
Knowing McFrown, it is Hasbro's mold and I am only familiar with 2: Takara's flimsy one and Hasbro's reinforced, decent one.

Oh, and McFrown, H145 has like no weight man watchu talkin' 'bout?

here we are, second latest post in Adv. Forum
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...#pid807343
If it has decent Basalt BD145CS results then man this should be auto-added.
Yeah, I've been using H145 with Beat and Grav... my cousin likes it with divine, all paired with RF.
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:43 AM)Dan Wrote: Knowing McFrown, it is Hasbro's mold and I am only familiar with 2: Takara's flimsy one and Hasbro's reinforced, decent one.

Oh, and McFrown, H145 has like no weight man watchu talkin' 'bout?

here we are, second latest post in Adv. Forum
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Competit...#pid807343
If it has decent Basalt BD145CS results then man this should be auto-added.

I believe Takara released a second reinforced mold that is different from Hasbro's mold, and one of Hasbro's releases(though I cannot remember which) was reported to break more often.
It's Hasbro.
The Only Takara parts in the video were Lightning L Drago BD145 and MF-H.
I'll try to nab a Basalt soon. Also BD145 is just so large that H145 hits it cleanly.

I have some Attack ideas that I'm a bit reluctant to share atm. ffff I need another BD145.

who has a lot of parts and is willing to do a few tests for me?
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:01 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: It's Hasbro.
The Only Takara parts in the video were Lightning L Drago BD145 and MF-H.
I'll try to nab a Basalt soon. Also BD145 is just so large that H145 hits it cleanly.

I have some Attack ideas that I'm a bit reluctant to share atm. ffff I need another BD145.

who has a lot of parts and is willing to do a few tests for me?

I have 2 or more of everything, PM me, love to test stuff!!
(Oct. 21, 2011  3:25 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Coincidentally Lord Wolfblade had PM'ed me about H145 today.

lol

well i might as well post my PM. yes the idea sounds like carp, but it was just an idea

the main reason why the combo sounds crazy is that i have been looking at H145 as the main smash piece, or just using H145 for smash (instead of also a metal wheel)

man that PM makes me sound like a noob IMO

personally i do not like H145 with gravity, gravity just gets in the way of H145. all it does for me on gravity is make more scraping
the biggest problem is that small metal wheels weigh very little and H145 needs weight behind it. It's impractical to attack some super heavy combo with a would-be light wheel :V
And Metal Face weight won't salvage it.
I have always liked H145 on Lightning but on most other things (Gravity , Beat ect.) I have preferred R145 , mine broke so I haven't been using it much anyway.
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:26 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: the biggest problem is that small metal wheels weigh very little and H145 needs weight behind it. It's impractical to attack some super heavy combo with a would-be light wheel :V
And Metal Face weight won't salvage it.

personally, i think that is more just for every attack combo now...

well, basalt is either a tiny bit wider or a tiny bit smaller then killer. i just suggested killer because
1. i do not have basalt yet so i cant really see H145 on it
2. basalt is overused

I agree.
Attack combos just need to be stacked with weight.
Quetz and Vulcan... kinda compliments the shape, also, Libra, Earth, Basalt expose H145 pretty much the same as Killer, and they have more mass (obv)
Quetz bites. But I was thinking Libra could work.
Earth doesn't.
H145 is just soo damn good to me. I agree with the part that R145 needs some testing, along with WD145. But H145 is probably the best out of all of these because it protrudes a bit more than the others. I like H145 on MF Pegasis H145RF/R2F personally. I use it on Gravity and Lightning Customs often, and on Lightning, I've switched it out with R145, but I don't think it does as well as H145.
Lightning + R145 Sucks, same goes to hell and rock, also, ED145 shows promise on both Rock and Hell, try it (MF-L Hell/Rock Kerbecs ED145 RF
Don't have a Hell, but I have like 80 billion Rocks lol
ED145?
wat
Also, H145 on Rock = Gasp I actually like it.
yep, ED145 + Rock is good, trust me. (and Blitz Inzori)
Its definitely underused. But the biggest turn off for me is how freaking fragile the part is =(.

I've broken 3 in succession that I do not dare to use em anymore.
Well, I'll go on record as saying that I think its worthless - mainly because the horns are too low to really come into play with anything other than the floor.

The day of the low track stamina is done, so the only other viable combos which it is like to have a chance of hitting are other attack combos on CH 120 (rare in tournament play and able to neutralize by moving up to 145 height) or a low defense type like Basalt 85 RS (even more rare in tournament play).