[Guide]  What to Buy to Be Successful in Beyblade Burst (Needs Updating)

We have yet to see if Limited and Press is any good, which if it is would make K2LP a good purchase.
(Apr. 24, 2016  3:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody's used K2 in a tournament-winning combo ever, so it seems really early to recommend it as necessary to be "successful in Burst." I feel like a pre-requisite for being listed here should be that it's been used successfully in a competitive environment. Also, to say it's "as least as good as Wyvern" seems premature.

I definitely agree, but on the other hand, it is also too early to just dismiss it hah. I should have clarified.
(Apr. 24, 2016  3:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody's used K2 in a tournament-winning combo ever, so it seems really early to recommend it as necessary to be "successful in Burst." I feel like a pre-requisite for being listed here should be that it's been used successfully in a competitive environment. Also, to say it's "as least as good as Wyvern" seems premature.

Yeah but at a time when when Stamina is overpowered compared to attack isn't it less likely anyone will use a defence type like K2 since no will be using normal attack types and only use stationary?.
Ultra definitely brings up a good point. We're in the point of the game where stamina is quite prominent and stationary attack is used more as opposed to aggressive attack. If Kerbeus' stamina isn't actually good enough to outspin the stationary attack combo, it probably isn't worth actually getting. I personally like Wyvern because with a good launch, you can potentially get Wyvern Gyro to outspin stamina and also have good defense. So even if K2's defense is slightly better, you'd much rather have more versatility.
Went ahead and updated the list; definitely check it out! If you have any suggestions, please share. Smile
(I totally agree that it is too soon to add Kaiser Kerbeus.) Just to know though, under the hypothesis that Kaiser Kerbeus is really as good as Wyvern for Defense or even slightly better, clearly it would have to be added under the Defense section of the top-tier list, right? And clearly, in the Beywiki article about it, we would describe how great that Layer is for Defense, but we would have to conclude by saying that even with all that greatness, it cannot be recommended to be purchased?

I mean, there are definitely some people in the world using traditional, mobile Attack types.
Quote:And clearly, in the Beywiki article about it, we would describe how great that Layer is for Defense, but we would have to conclude by saying that even with all that greatness, it cannot be recommended to be purchased?

Surely we could mention in the article that despite Kaiser Kerbeus having great defense, Wyvern still has the upper hand with similar defense and far better stamina.

We need to keep in mind that the game is still changing; Wild Wyvern could probably change defense as it is.
We could probably give this list a little update. There's nothing on the list we have now that's really been outclassed, but with Dark Deathscyther and Orbit clearly being successful, we could probably add Dark Deathscyther and Wild Wyvern to the list. Any objections or suggestions?
I think that sounds fine. As someone who has D2, it's definitely a good Layer combined with Orbit.
Kaiser Kerbubus, and maybe add O2 booster for easy access to Xtereme. Add Storm Spriggan for Knuckle.
O2 still isn't out at the moment, but it'll definitely be added upon release.

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced Knuckle is better than Heavy or Gravity. From what I tested, it was good, but not a ton better against Heavy by any means. So even if its stamina is better than the two, you would rather want to spend your money on something that can be put to multiple types of use.

I don't own Kaiser Kerbubus but I'm pretty curious to know how it did at Triple Format Threat. As far as I'm concerned, Wyvern does have the edge in stamina and Neptune can double up with good stamina if you need it to. How is it's defense compared to them? If it's not that much better, I say it's not worth adding. Same case applies for Knuckle. @[Shirayuki] @[Yami] @[Stormscorpio1] @[ZachBob]
(Jun. 08, 2016  10:40 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Personally, I'm not entirely convinced Knuckle is better than Heavy or Gravity.

Why are you comparing it to those two? Seems more like you'd use it in place of Spread. That said, definitely feels too early to recommend it.
(Jun. 08, 2016  9:36 PM)Mitsu Wrote: We could probably give this list a little update. There's nothing on the list we have now that's really been outclassed, but with Dark Deathscyther and Orbit clearly being successful, we could probably add Dark Deathscyther and Wild Wyvern to the list. Any objections or suggestions?

I would argue we need a lot more proof.There has been minimal testing on D2 (and not showing it's particularly good either) and Orbit has none and has placed in a tourney twice. I'd argue it's far from clear tbh.
Couldn't there be a priority section, like:

Tier 1: Must have
Tier 2: Then these
Tier 3: These are optional
Tier X: People are experimenting with these
(Jun. 08, 2016  10:56 PM)ForZ Wrote: Couldn't there be a priority section, like:

This thread is about what to buy to be successful in tournament play; pretty much anything here should qualify as a must-have or at least something that adds a ton of competitive versatility. People can make their own decisions regarding parts that haven't proved their merit yet.
(Jun. 08, 2016  10:56 PM)ForZ Wrote: Couldn't there be a priority section, like:

Come to think of it, do we even have a tier list for Bursts? I mean I recall back in the MFB era, there was like a tier list for them and I'm not seeing them for Burst. Then again, there aren't enough Layers yet nor test for some Layers.

Sorry, got a little off-topic.
I think I only faced K2 once in the finals against StormScorpio. He was using K2KR(?) and I picked VGR, it came close to 2-2 but I launched too softly in the last round and lost. It seemed kind of okay, a lot of back and forth bursts. I'd have to test it on my own sometime to say anything definite though.
I think that K2 is a very solid layer, based off the little experience I had with it at Triple Threat it seemed to me that it was much harder to burst than Wyvern or Neptune.
I've played around with K2 a bit and I found it to be probably the hardest Layer to Burst, significantly more so than Wyvern or Neptune (enough to convince me to give K2HU a shot at AN should the opportunity present itself). During warmup I also tried K2AO vs. V_R for a few rounds and the most Teeth K2 ever skipped was 1. Then again my opponent was using a worn Valkyrie and a mint one would have probably caused more Tooth skips, so make of that what you will.

The way I described it to a few other people, there seems to be a tradeoff between how much Stamina a Layer has and how easy it is to Burst, that goes something like

(Most Stamina) Chaos - Unicorn* - Deathscyther - Neptune - Wyvern* - Kaiser Kerbeus (Hardest to Burst)

with the two Layers in the middle being the 'maximum' of these two qualities. With the current metagame Revolving around Bursting I can totally see the right side of the spectrum getting more use at the moment (Wyvern already sees plenty of use), with the left side really only being useful in Tornado Stallers.

As for Knuckle vs. Heavy vs. Gravity, I compared their spin times and Burst frequency on Neptune Revolve. I've misplaced the paper with the exact results on it at the moment and will post them as soon as I find it, but I remember Knuckle being about 1 tooth more Burst resistant than Gravity (slightly moreso than Heavy as well but it was like a .2 average tooth difference so I doubt it was significant). It also spun about 6-7 seconds longer than Heavy on average, and 1.something seconds longer than Gravity (again, probably an insignificant difference). Spread, Ring, and Armed are probably viable options for Revolve combos as well, but I didn't test them.

I originally planned on using Gravity on my V2 combo, but during warmup I was having trouble getting V2GX to keep the flower pattern. Switched to Knuckle and got like 4 KOs in a row, and that's literally the only reason I used it during the tournament lol.

*I personally find Wyvern easier to Burst than Neptune but more difficult to KO, but I think I might be in the minority here. Also Unicorn's Stamina relative to Deathscyther is debatable but I find them to be about equal.
I'm completely fine with adding Kaiser Kerbeus but I'm still unsure about Knuckle. In any case, are we all fine with them being added to the list?

I think most Toronto Bladers can agree with me that Orbit and Dark Deathscyther played huge roles at SUMMER BEYRADISE and were super safe options to go for in our Deck Rotation Format test event last weekend. Could we go ahead and add those as well?
(Jun. 17, 2016  9:57 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I'm completely fine with adding Kaiser Kerbeus but I'm still unsure about Knuckle. In any case, are we all fine with them being added to the list?

I think most Toronto Bladers can agree with me that Orbit and Dark Deathscyther played huge roles at SUMMER BEYRADISE and were super safe options to go for in our Deck Rotation Format test event last weekend. Could we go ahead and add those as well?

This and also O2 should be considered as 02 has shown similar performance to both Valkyrie and X caliber in testing
Unlike Obelisk Odin, Xcalibur and Valkyrie have been successful outside out of raw attack. Unless it was an insane amount better than the two, it's really not a necessity, in my eyes. Smile

EDIT: This should apply for just about everything, actually.
(Jun. 17, 2016  9:57 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I'm completely fine with adding Kaiser Kerbeus but I'm still unsure about Knuckle. In any case, are we all fine with them being added to the list?

Yeah well the community is more than just Toronto. Testing would be good on orbit it or at the very least some discussion by those that have used on what it's good for. Lots of members seem to love relegating discussion to outside of this website and tbh it's selfish and purposefully excludes others from the competitive discussion.
(Jun. 18, 2016  7:16 AM)Ultra Wrote:

Yeah well the community is more than just Toronto. Testing would be good on orbit it or at the very least some discussion by those that have used on what it's good for. Lots of members seem to love relegating discussion to outside of this website and tbh it's selfish and purposefully excludes others from the competitive discussion.

DHO was used in the New York tournament not too long ago and @[UltimateOrion] basically swept with it.
Well some testing would still be nice. At present there's still none.