Griffolyon draft - Kei can you have a look ?

Attack Ring: Cross Griffon

The Attack ring of Griffolyon, Cross Griffon, takes the form of 4 sets of eagle heads and wings, and is somewhat thick compared to other commonly used attack rings.
The main contact points, the wing tips, are quite sharp and well spaced, producing an incredible amount of spike attack in right spin.
Cross Griffon was long overlooked, largely due to the ban on competitive use of Hidden Spirit Parts. However, recent testing has shown it’s smash attack to be on par with that of the famed Triple Wing ([[Trygle]]). The main downside of Cross Griffon is the increased recoil compared to Triple Wing. While this is not a major issue on rubber tipped bases, when used with [[Gaia Dragoon V|Gaia Dragoon V’s]] SG Metal Flat 2 base, a Heavy Metal Core must be used to control the recoil. Despite this, it still compares favourably to Triple Wing (used with or without HMC) in this setup.

A further advantage Cross Griffon has over Triple Wing is its thickness. Along with the greater availability and lower price of NIB Griffolyons compared to Trygle, the thickness of Cross Griffon means that despite the incredibly violent collisions it produces, it is very unlikely to break.

While the additional recoil must be accounted for, Cross Griffon may be used in any standard smash attack combo with excellent (and violent) results.

==Use in Attack Customisations==

One combo that makes excellent use of Cross Griffon’s properties is:

AR: Cross Griffon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2 (Gaia Dragoon V)

In this combination, Cross Griffon slightly outperforms the famed Triple Wing (Trygle), even with the requirement of the Heavy Metal Core to reduce recoil.

SG Metal Flat 2 not only provides excellent speed and power for KO’s, but also allows the bey to outspin numerous opposing combinations. Cross Griffon’s powerful spike attack has excellent stopping power, even if it fails to KO the opponent, hard hits can often greatly interrupt the opponents spin, heavily reducing the survival. The metal tip of SG Metal Flat 2 capitalises on this, creating a combination that can beat an opponent both through knock out and outspin.

Weight Disk: See 8 Balance

Base: Grease Cylinder Base
Grease Cylinder Base has an integrated SG, similar to first generation beyblades. The main gimmick of this base is that the tip is not attached directly to the base, but instead is attached to a cylinder, which in turn sits inside a cylinder of grease, reducing friction, similar to the function of a bearing (albeit greatly inferior). The tip itself is a tall, thin, round tip, creating very little grip, minimal movement, and resulting in poor balance.

These balance issues are compounded by the poles used to attach the included figurine (the main gimmick of the hidden spirit beys), which extend downward from the base, and scrape easily when the base inevitably loses balance.

Both of these issues completely counteract any increased stamina provided by the grease-suspension gimmick.

All in all, this base is one of the worst ever produced, combining poor balance with easy scraping, insipid movement and poor stamina. It has absolutely no use (even its use in fun combinations is questionable due to its generally dull movement and redundant gimmick).

other versions.
1. Griffoloyn Dark purple. (Hasbro)
2. Griffolyon 2.

Overall:
With it’s powerful Smash Attack Ring, and insipid blade base, comparisons between Griffolyon and Trygle are inevitable. This is, however, not necessarily bad for Griffolyon, as it has a number of advantages over it’s more popular counterpart. Not only is it cheaper and easier to obtain, but the attack ring is far more resilient. While the base is arguably worse than SG Jumping Base (a feat that would be admirable were it not for just how insipid it truly is) lacking even the entertainment value of the latter’s gimmick, this is generally not a big consideration for the competitive blader, and the attack ring is noticeably more violent, resulting in arguably more interesting battles.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that Griffolyon does not include a launcher out of the box, though most bladers will generally obtain one in one of the other releases required to use the AR competitively.

On the whole, Griffolyon should not be seen as a substitute for Trygle, but a viable alternative, definitely worth considering when looking for an Attack-type AR. While Griffolyon is cheaper and more resilient, to be used with SG Metal Flat 2, Cross Griffon generally requires an HMC and Neo-Right Casings, and the fact that Triple Wing performs better in some combinations further increases the impact of personal preference.

Overall, this bey is an excellent purchase and definitely worth consideration by any competitive blader.
You put the wrong ar down for the combo.
you should have followed the usual format, no?
I wonder why the last drafts of Salamalyon and Griffolyon were closed...hopefuly the same doesnt happen here. And when is the commitee going to tell us thier final decision on this topic?

A good draft. Just some things to correct;

Several names and logos have lower case letters. Please make them have upper case letters. (i.e. Takara-TOMY, Hayate, etc)

Released is spelled wrong. This is the correct spelling.

Quote:Cross Griffon was originally realised in baby blue by takara later released in dark purple

^Needs rewording. More details could be added into this one sentence. Also try to be more specific."released in a baby blue COLOR SCHEME" On another note, remove the part about the drak purple. Isnt that Griffolyon 2? A seperatre bey?

You have ALOT of other grammatical errors that need to be fixed. Listing them all would be a waste of time, but they should be fairly obvious if you read the article.
What's with the drafts?
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:54 PM)DRI-GER Wrote: What's with the drafts?

... People write drafts of articles before they are actually approved and published on Beywiki, or even rejected.

your post has no relevance to anything. What do you mean? that there are 2 Griffolyon drafts? That is allowed, and in the past there have been more. What are you getting at?

*beaten*
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:41 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I wonder why the last drafts of Salamalyon and Griffolyon were closed...hopefuly the same doesnt happen here. And when is the commitee going to tell us thier final decision on this topic?

Several names and logos have lower case letters. Please make them have upper case letters. (i.e. Takara-TOMY, Hayate, etc)

Quote:Cross Griffon was originally realised in baby blue by takara later released in dark purple

^Needs rewording. More details could be added into this one sentence. Also try to be more specific."released in a baby blue COLOR SCHEME" On another note, remove the part about the drak purple. Isnt that Griffolyon 2? A seperatre bey?

You have ALOT of other grammatical errors that need to be fixed. Listing them all would be a waste of time, but they should be fairly obvious if you read the article.

i suck at grammar i had my level 6A in the bag if it wasnt for that now im stuck with 6B uhhh(off topic sorry)
ill get along to it but yeah like i said suck at grammar
Honestly the grammar doesn't matter right now, it's still a draft, and once it's done we can correct all of the grammatical errors, or do that along the way Smile

BTW, great draft poseidon!
I dont agree with you 100% there. Grammatical errors can lead to confusion in understanding the article. I noticed that because of the errors he has alot of run on sentences and other things that just dont make alot of sense. It is important to get all of the information in there but it is also important to fix the grammatial errors at the same time. I do understand what you are saying though, plus our friend here insists that he is bad with grammer so I assume he will fix that last regardless of what any of us say.
Obviously I know that. I didn't mean to say that we'll leave grammatical errors in it when we put it on Beywiki, I meant it's ok right now, just as long as the words are all there. My apologies for any confusion.
Its no problem at all. Just wanted to make sure.

Another piece of advice for Poisedion: make your combos section another sub section, and make sure you give more details on those combos (i.e. use in attack customization)
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:54 PM)DRI-GER Wrote: What's with the drafts?

... People write drafts of articles before they are actually approved and published on Beywiki, or even rejected.

Aha, i see.... i might give it a go Grin
If you can't make a detailed/proper one, don't. Please. Anyways, yeah, besides grammar, this is a pretty good draft. You should make it blunt and clear that Griffolyon's BB has no use whatsoever. (Actually, I think that it's a Hidden Spirit beyblade, isn't it? Wouldn't that be illegal?)
Maybe it should be explained better. Like: What was it SUPPOSED to do? What does it look like?
(Aug. 11, 2011  9:18 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:41 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I wonder why the last drafts of Salamalyon and Griffolyon were closed...hopefuly the same doesnt happen here. And when is the commitee going to tell us thier final decision on this topic?

i suck at grammar i had my level 6A in the bag if it wasnt for that now im stuck with 6B uhhh(off topic sorry)
ill get along to it but yeah like i said suck at grammar

Try putting it through a correcting software like, or a writing software like Microsoft Word or Open Office, or just use Google Chrome
(Aug. 11, 2011  9:35 PM)Temporal Wrote: If you can't make a detailed/proper one, don't. Please. Anyways, yeah, besides grammar, this is a pretty good draft. You should make it blunt and clear that Griffolyon's BB has no use whatsoever. (Actually, I think that it's a Hidden Spirit beyblade, isn't it? Wouldn't that be illegal?)

Of course, i know that.

If you read the OP, he stated that it is a Hidden Spirit Beyblade.
I find that correcting softwares dont do the job right, and frankly, it isnt that hard to just go and see what you did wrong, no offense to those who do use correcting softwares. Your best bet is to always hand check your work, because if the software misses a mistake, that is your problem Plus correcting softares do not interpret the meaning of the actual sentence structure so it could tell you to fix a problem that really isnt wrong at all.

i am not saying i dont use spell/grammer check on Microsoft Word, I do, but for soemthing like this, it really isnt neccisary.

If you really do have alot of trouble with grammer then use Mirosoft Word spell/grammer check or something like it.
If it's illegal, then what is the point of saying "Every blader must have at least one?" By being banned, it has no competitive use, no?
hopefully itll get unbanned were are just waiting fr the mods descion and i guess because off the attack ring really its still worth having
IMO not much more can be said. If you are that desperate to get this article up or get exlert advice on what else needs to be done, shoot Kei a pm