Greetings

Hi!

I'm a mom of a 6 year old BeyBlade collector. I haven't yet purchased any from Japan (I plan on it soon) but I wanted to learn all I could about them before I made that jump.

Right now we are only collecting "local" BeyBlades sold here in the US.

For someone who is a complete beginner, I need to read up on all the acronyms used on this site. I have to admit - I'm lost at what everyone is talking about, but really want to learn to help my kid with his new found hobby.

We've already broken a few of them sadly, so I initially came here looking for spare parts to fix them and found an interesting community surrounding what I thought was just a simple childs toy - finding out there is a bit more involved in the game than I thought.

I picked up two more tonight for him and plan on making a storage case for him this weekend (one item I thought the market was completely missing).

TIA for any information you guys provide to this newbie mom Smile
Welcome to the WBO.
welcome!have a great time!
Idk what TIA means but congratz, I think this is a first for a blader "mom" on this site. any combo needs be helped on the "Build me a Combo" Thread and any other beyblade related questions can be answered on the "Ask a question get an answer" thread.

Haha... "TIA" means "Thanks In Advance"...

He's only 6, so obviously he can't be on here himself. So I'm learning with him...

I guess I'm going to have to use this "Mom" thing to my advantage.. hence my new signature Smile
Clever sig, have a good "learning experience" with your son on here.
You are correct in believing that there's not much skill involved in blading. The entire concept revolves around a marketing scheme, where they encourage you to buy complete sets to increase customization possibilities. Welcome to the WBO, though.

@Jacksonian Well, there's always that lady who screwed with Dimusum?