Goldsboro North Carolina, USA

OK first off I know there was a thread for this. So KAI-V/Moderators please close the old one.

Im attmepting to get a tournament started in Goldsboro NC for sometime near the end of April or by mid Mayn. I know ive talked to a few people in the past about this. But if you would be interested in a tournament please post here. We have a local comic shop here in Goldsboro and the owner said that if we can get enough people interested then he would let us do it there. But I do have other venues available. Please let me know.
i can come if i know when its gonna be
I dunno if you'd be interested, but I'm going to do one at Asheboro Mall at Kit Kringles if I can convince the owners. ^^ We need all the bladers we can get!
Actually, the two places in NC that would get the most amount of bladers are Raleigh and Greensboro purely because they are highly populated. Raleigh is right off of I-95 and Greensboro gives any bladers from Tennessee a chance to play, too.

Guys, when you plan an event, you have to look at location. Not only what's convenient for you, but what would be easiest for the community as a whole. Unless you don't want to maximize your tournaments, then by all means.

However, if you want me to run a tournament in NC on the 22nd, I'll do it if there's enough interest and it's warm out (because at that point, I'd be sleeping in my car Saturday night...
That would rock. See though, I'm limited cause I don't drive (Being blind in one eye, I don't trust myself behind the wheel) so I can get to asheboro mall regularly, since my mum works nearby. I could probably get to the tourney though, if I knew in advanced and can get a ride.
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:30 AM)Storm Scorpio Wrote: That would rock. See though, I'm limited cause I don't drive (Being blind in one eye, I don't trust myself behind the wheel) so I can get to asheboro mall regularly, since my mum works nearby. I could probably get to the tourney though, if I knew in advanced and can get a ride.
I completely understand your situation. I had brain surgery when I was little and my mental processing of vision is terrible so I don't always trust my judgment in driving (even though I somehow handle myself brilliantly when I'm going 80-100 in a 65), however, if going through the hassle of finding transportation (even if it's public transportation) to get to a tournament that would have more bladers, it's in your best interest to do so. I'd rather go to a tournament with 20+ bladers than one with 10 tbh.
I agree - but I dunno about much public transportation besides cabs, and I dunno, wouldn't that be expensive? Plus, I'm sure with advertisement on here and flyers, I'll be able to get lots of bladers together.Wink
You have an airport. Right in Asheboro. There's bound to be a shuttle service to Greensboro. Greensboro = transit to everywhere else. Make some phone calls, google public transportation.

If you can't figure out puzzles and dilemmas like this and just have a defeatist attitude about everyone else's suggestions, I don't think a leadership position is good for you. You just limited yourself. I have so many problems I run into hosting tournaments so I have to be on my toes with a solution for EVERYTHING.

Don't get me wrong, Asheboro might have luck, but you won't maximize your attendance like that. Even then, how are you going to make an event profitable for the store?
Your wrong - I don't have a defeatist additude. I don't even live in asheboro - I live in a one stoplight town far away actually. But I'm making the best because my mom works in asheboro. If I knew someone who worked in greensboro, I'd be there in a second and hold it there. I'm not limiting myself, I'm doing the best on the limits put on myself. That, my dear, is the difference. I'm sure with advertisement around the mall that I'll get a few bladers, and with a few I do know, we'll get a lot of people.

And my mum doesn't work anywhere near the asheboro airport. And even if she did, I doubt my family would like it if I traveled that way. Its dangerous, after all.
I could possibly organize something in Raleigh but the problem is im not familiar with the area as much. Getting to Raleigh isnt a problem for me. If we were to have something in Raleigh who would be able to come? If i threw a small tournament in Goldsboro who would come?