Goldeneye 007 on XBLA...

don't matter to me I own the game on N64 Tongue_out
carp!!!

carp hell, I always wanted to play this game online, if it was on XBLA it would have happened, carp you Nintendo, Rare made the game not you!
It's a nice idea, but honestly, I don't think it would have been right to port the game over because it would have been basically the exact same game, except with online (which would have been awesome, I must admit). If it was a remake, thats fine, but just porting it over is just so weird. Like, you don't see PSone games being ported over to the Wii, now do you? I'm not denying that it would have been awesome though, it just seems so weird.

Sure, the VC on Wii has TG16, Sega Genesis, and other companies systems, but all of them are out of the hardware business now and it wouldn't really hurt them.
Kei Wrote:Like, you don't see PSone games being ported over to the Wii, now do you? I'm not denying that it would have been awesome though, it just seems so weird.

yeah, wii couldnt handle PS1 games
Artie Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Like, you don't see PSone games being ported over to the Wii, now do you? I'm not denying that it would have been awesome though, it just seems so weird.

lmfao

Kei, you're looking at this the wrong way. The Wii has the Virtual Console where N64 games are brought back to life on the Wii.

What's so wrong with Goldeneye showing up on XBLA? It's basically the same thing as VC ports, only you know... They actually ADD things.
carp nintendo, they can go to hell
Roan Wrote:Kei, you're looking at this the wrong way. The Wii has the Virtual Console where N64 games are brought back to life on the Wii.

What's so wrong with Goldeneye showing up on XBLA? It's basically the same thing as VC ports, only you know... They actually ADD things.

The reason I find it so weird is because Nintendo is still producing games and hardware. Why would they let a game from one of their consoles go onto another and make money off of it? I know Nintendo would have still been compensated, but like I said you don't see old PSone games going onto the Wii, do you (I don't care if it could handle it or not lol, just an example)?

Also, the thing with VC ports is that they are either games from Nintendo consoles, or from companies that have exited the gaming hardware business, so they have nothing to lose from putting their games on the VC. I wouldn't necessarily be mad if Goldeneye was on XBLA, it's just so weird.
RARE MADE THE GAME, NOT NINTENDO

If Nintendo wanted to do this, add online, and Wiimote functionality, awesome. But they don't. I'm so sick of them as a company. They're arrogant bastards who don't care what the consumers want.
Tamer Brad Wrote:RARE MADE THE GAME, NOT NINTENDO

If Nintendo wanted to do this, add online, and Wiimote functionality, awesome. But they don't. I'm so sick of them as a company. They're arrogant bastards who don't care what the consumers want.

I know that, but it doesn't change my opinion. Like I said, would have been awesome if it did make it to XBLA, but it didn't.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo was trying to get Goldeneye on the VC (minus any upgrades, of course), but was having difficulty due to Microsoft owning Rare. Honestly, why didn't they just agree to release it both on VC and XBLA? I know that the XBLA one would have been much more popular, but Nintendo would have still made a lot of profit on the VC version, whether it had added functionality or not.
Kei Wrote:
Roan Wrote:Kei, you're looking at this the wrong way. The Wii has the Virtual Console where N64 games are brought back to life on the Wii.

Also, the thing with VC ports is that they are either games from Nintendo consoles, or from companies that have exited the gaming hardware business, so they have nothing to lose from putting their games on the VC. I wouldn't necessarily be mad if Goldeneye was on XBLA, it's just so weird.

Well the thing is, though these companies have exited the hardware side of things, a lot of them are still out there making games, particularly Sega.

I'm sure they aren't making the sort of cut that they'd like to be and really the only reason that Goldeneye didn't happen on XBLA is because Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't come to an agreement on who would profit and how on the game. Brad's right; Nintendo DID NOT make this game, they really only own the license to the game. Why Microsoft wouldn't just attempt to buy said license from them I haven't the slightest, but there it is...

Really, Nintendo has plenty of carp money these days and I don't understand why they would halt this game from coming to fruition over something like this. Really, neither company is going to make much money from this investment.
Roan Wrote:Really, Nintendo has plenty of carp money these days and I don't understand why they would halt this game from coming to fruition over something like this. Really, neither company is going to make much money from this investment.

Like I said, they should have just agreed to released it on both the XBLA and VC. That way both companies could make profit. I don't understand why they didn't just do that.
Kei Wrote:
Roan Wrote:Really, Nintendo has plenty of carp money these days and I don't understand why they would halt this game from coming to fruition over something like this. Really, neither company is going to make much money from this investment.

Like I said, they should have just agreed to released it on both the XBLA and VC. That way both companies could make profit. I don't understand why they didn't just do that.

there were talks of just that

nintendo backed out/couldnt agree
Artie Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

there were talks of just that

nintendo backed out/couldnt agree

Really? If they just backed out, thats retarded.
Nintendo doesn't care about video games.
Artie Wrote:

rofl
Tamer Brad Wrote:Nintendo doesn't care about video games.
This thread is now about Nintendo are dicks.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Nintendo doesn't care about video games.
This thread is now about Nintendo are dicks.

This thread is now about the truth.
oh well

nintendo probably would have forced them to use friend codes if they did make it *sigh*