Going to Japan, any requests?

Before I say anything, I just wanted to help the community if I could. Even though I haven't touched my Beyblades in about a year or two, they're still in plain sight in my room and this forum/community still holds some memories, as corny as that is, haha.

If this thread isn't in the right section, please move it.
---------------------
So I'm going to Japan on June 9 to June 19th, and the trip is paid for by the government, and is part of the KAKEHASHI Project.
What I will do is I can take pictures of requested items posted in this thread. (New Beyblades, accessories, etc.) I can't gurantee that I'll be able to take pictures but if I get to go to a store that sells Beyblades, I will.

If you have any questions, just ask.
I do know there are some obscure shops who still sell Beyblades, some not that obscure actually, but overall you might find it difficult to find specific items people would ask you for. It might be better for you to almost close this thread now, and only reopen it once you are in Japan and have been able to visit around and get a good idea of what stores have in stock anymore. People could then choose among that and not in an uninformed way.
like Kai-V told you. you can close this thread
coz in Japan that's about 1 year and half that shops do not sell beyblades.
some online shops still have some or you can try in the recycle/collector shops but if you can find them there the prices are usually expensive
such I recently saw some NIB Ultimate Dragoon for around 100,000 yen which nobody will never buy at this price.

if you were only planning to buy beyblades during your trip
you will save money
but if you are also an otaku (Anime fan) or/and a tokusatsu (Masked Rider or Super Sentai Ranger fan) fan, you will really enjoy your trip
and might probably find some good deal
(Apr. 11, 2014  3:08 PM)OkinawamTS Wrote: like Kai-V told you. you can close this thread
coz in Japan that's about 1 year and half that shops do not sell beyblades.
some online shops still have some or you can try in the recycle/collector shops but if you can find them there the prices are usually expensive
such I recently saw some NIB Ultimate Dragoon for around 100,000 yen which nobody will never buy at this price.

if you were only planning to buy beyblades during your trip
you will save money
but if you are also an otaku (Anime fan) or/and a tokusatsu (Masked Rider or Super Sentai Ranger fan) fan, you will really enjoy your trip
and might probably find some good deal

Are collector shops those stores I saw that had Beyblades being sold in simple bags, out of the boxes ? I saw a few of those, but where would they be located ?

AeroRespawn, what would be cool is if you were able to attend one of the NPBA (??) fan tournaments during your stay in Japan. I tried reaching out to them, but they either did not reply or were very rude for no reason. I will try to find you a link to their blogs eventually.
I want to keep it open because I will take screenshots of posts asking me to look for things because when I am in Japan, I do not know if I will be able connect to the internet, and check the WBO as I will only be taking my phone and there might not be free Wi-Fi there.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if my carrier covers internationally, so even though I have 4G LTE, I might not be able to check this thread.

I'll do what I can, and being able to read Japanese will help, although I am weak when it comes to Kanji, hah.
Yo, stop by at one of these events if you can ?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...pid1207207
Tell us if there seems to be interest, a lot of kids attending, etc. It would really be appreciated, because we have little feedback from the Japanese community about those tournaments ever since TAKARA-TOMY started holding them again months ago.

I understand that you are going in June though, so perhaps wait for my update next month when TAKARA-TOMY will inevitably announce new events for up until June then ?
If everything goes right, I'll go to one or more of those events, and possibly record footage as well.
I've settled since coming back from Japan, and I can say that unfortunately, I was busy the whole time I was there and could not roam about. Although I could have possibly found something while I was with my host family in Japan, I don't think there were any events in Okinawa. (which is where I stayed with my host family for 3 days, 2 nights) And it was impossible to move around Tokyo because everyone moved around as a group, and we needed permission if we wanted to go any further than the typical convenience store down the street. Plus I had no idea where the events in Tokyo were.
That's too bad. So I take it you weren't able to see any stores/toy stores, either?
TAKARA-TOMY has not renewed the store events after May much, so besides one store holding Beyblade tournaments, I think TAKARA-TOMY might be concentrating on bigger events, or taking a short break or something.
I was able to go to Akihabara, (basically it's otaku city) but I did not find anything Beyblade-related while I was there, and I only had an hour to spend there which didn't help. If I were able to spend the day there I could have found something but alas, it was not meant to be, hah.