Girl Meets World

Girl Meets World is an upcoming American television sitcom. The series, set to debut some time in 2014 on Disney Channel, is a sequel to the sitcom Boy Meets World, which aired on ABC's TGIF block from 1993 to 2000. The new series will follow Riley Matthews (portrayed by Rowan Blanchard), the teenage daughter of Boy Meets World main characters Cory and Topanga Matthews, as Riley navigates the challenges of life. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishil, who played Cory and Topanga respectively in the original series, will reprise their roles in this series, as will other members of the original cast. A for-sure returning character so far from Boy Meets World is Mr. Feeny. This thread is for posting comments about Girl Meets World and it's relationship to Boy Meets World.

My Thoughts

I might be young but I LOVE all the old 90s shows! I still find Boy Meets World on channels, and watch all the other old shows on the Hub (Happy Days, Alf, Mork and Mindy, Brady Bunch, Wonder Years, etc.). Also 90s Nickelodeon shows at night: "Nick's the 90s Are All That" (All That, Kenan and Kel, Hey Arnold, Doug, etc.) When I heard they'd be bringing Boy Meets World back in a new version, I just stared at the screen for 5 minutes blank-faced and jaw-dropped (MINDBLOWN). I'm just afraid Disney will mess it up and turn one of the characters into a singer or something.[/b]
I am actually really excited for this as well.

They can really do something with this show. I am sure that it will be awesome as they have the same writers.

My big hope is to see Eric Matthews return as a fairly regular recurring character at the very least. In my opinion he was the funniest person on the show, which is saying a lot since everyone was pretty funny. To be able to see Eric and Mr. Feeny reunite would be amazing. I want to see the Feeny Call again haha.

I don't think they will mess it up, but the star becoming a singer or something is very possible since every child star of every series on Nickelodeon and Disney automatically get a recording deal with their contract. Regardless, I bet it will be a big draw of a show if they stick to what made Boy Meets World so good. It will be a true family show as it will be aimed at children growing up, and it will also draw the attention of fans of the original Boy Meets World, just to be able to see how the original characters ended up.