General Video Thread

Seeing as there is a General GFX Thread and a General Writing Thread, why shouldn't I make a General Video Thread.
iMovie is the best free one. I use it, but it comes with your mac.
Adobe After Effects is purely amazing for anything, IIRC, and they have a Mac version. It just takes some time to get used to Tongue_out
Which I still haven't done...
I'd say get a trial first, so you can get a taste of the program, then, if you have the money, buy the whole program.
It's best to use After Effects after you've put together your clips, for the effects and finishing touches after using iMovie. But you can still use it to do the entire AMV.
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Ultra, but you should try the trial version for Sony Vegas Pro 10, but I'm not sure it works for the Mac.
Ain't ya suposed to put this in the General Discussion?
(Aug. 27, 2011  8:12 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Ain't ya suposed to put this in the General Discussion?

Well, it's not that "general" to be put in the General Discussion forum, because we edit and create our own videos.
People post that here anyways, but...
Now that I think about it, BBS, didn't you make a thread kind of like this one except for what editors you use? Both graphics AND video?
Erm, yes I did, I guess we could use that.
Whats the best Free Editing Mac Software? I've looked around and I can't find a good one. I've been using iMovie but it is very limited.
Free... IDK

I've been Using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 for my mac.
Can anyone teach me how to do stuff?
PLEASE! PM me....... thanks!
So the best Movie editing program for Window ( free if possible)
I think this should be revived. Anyone know any good tuts for Adobe Premiere Elements 10? I got it for Christmas and I'm pretty good, but I want to improve.