General Spriting Thread

Here you can post your sprites, ask for tips/help, post videos,or request to sprite with another person(One does splices, other does.. etc)

To start this off,

I have been editing my sprite so it can fit in avatars and stuff and looks more like my sketch, I think it looks alright.

[Image: selfie-1.png]

Suggestions?
Just a quick Q:

What is the best program to make sprites in?

another Q:

What sprite sheet do you suggest for me to use in spriting?
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:08 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Just a quick Q:

What is the best program to make sprites in?

another Q:

I can answer the first Q.

MS Paint would probably be the best to use.
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:08 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: What is the best program to make sprites in?

Paint.NET. It has layers, recoloring tools, and transparency which is very good in spriting.

Izuma Inzori Wrote:another Q:

Pokemon Elite 2000 has individual Pokemon, and Spriter's Resource has them by Region (I think).
anything that is for mac? cause both softwares are windows only
Question:

On deviantArt I see characters drawn in a pixel style like this:

[Image: smallville_deadshot_by_bailey2088-d47cv5z.png]

The heck is this even? I know a program had to be used. Or off a template I mean.
Probably drawn and colored in Paint/Photoshop. Many people can make wonders with MS Paint that others can't. There are a lot of talented people on Deviantart. It's all a matter of knowing how to shade, and how to draw.
I want to find a template with a figure like that (NOT THE CHARACTER EXACTLY IN THE PIC, BUT A GENERIC SHAPE) and give it a shot.
Nevermind, i'd rather use Photoshop (FOR SPRITES OMG!)
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:22 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: I want to find a template with a figure like that (NOT THE CHARACTER EXACTLY IN THE PIC, BUT A GENERIC SHAPE) and give it a shot.

Look for 'Pixel Base' on DeviantArt; there are a lot. You have to search a bit for the sprite ones, though.
Chocked_2 Extremely borderline Shota stuff that sneaks past the radar on DA's search? Holy carp Deviantart people....

I know this is awkward, I slammed the tab closed...... Tired
Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, I'll try to link to some so you won't have to go through that XD

This person has some, but mostly girls.
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:19 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Probably drawn and colored in Paint/Photoshop. Many people can make wonders with MS Paint that others can't. There are a lot of talented people on Deviantart. It's all a matter of knowing how to shade, and how to draw.
God dammit, I was going to post that... *Sad Face*

For Kid Driger,
SPRITES, Y U SO JPEG?!
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:27 AM)Kid Driger Wrote: God dammit, I was going to post that... *Sad Face*

For Kid Driger,
SPRITES, Y U SO JPEG?!
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I dont quite get what you are saying?
[/quote]

Save ALL of your sprites in PNG, not JPEG.

(Oct. 20, 2011  2:18 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Question:

On deviantArt I see characters drawn in a pixel style like this:

[Image: smallville_deadshot_by_bailey2088-d47cv5z.png]

The heck is this even? I know a program had to be used. Or off a template I mean.
Would you like a template? If so, Request it in the fusion lab staff so I can add you to a list so I remember.

(Oct. 21, 2011  2:31 AM)Kid Driger Wrote: O well Okay But uh how i do dat?

Save, where it says file type, change it to PNG, or, when you write the file name, instead of saving it as Sprite, save it as sprite.png.
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:34 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

Save, where it says file type, change it to PNG, or, when you write the file name, instead of saving it as Sprite, save it as sprite.png.
You beat me again.....

(Oct. 21, 2011  2:35 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:34 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

You beat me again.....

My goal in life is to beat you no matter what. It looks like I am achieving it.
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:49 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:35 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2011  2:34 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Save, where it says file type, change it to PNG, or, when you write the file name, instead of saving it as Sprite, save it as sprite.png.
You beat me again.....

My goal in life is to beat you no matter what. It looks like I am achieving it.
*facepalm* i just made this so called fusion in photoshop, as a one of a kind, it is MQ, not pixelated.
[Image: SpriteAttempt1.png]
New one, this is Dialga and Arceus
[Image: SpriteAttempt2.png]
CnCs?
Yin & Yang NooDoo. (Scratched)
- IF YOU WANT TO USE THESE IMAGES YOU MUST ASK ME AND NOODOOSOUP FOR PERMISSION BECAUSE I MADE THE SCRATCH VERSION OF HER SELFIE -

[Image: Soup-1.png]
(Oct. 29, 2011  2:56 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Yin & Yang NooDoo. (Scratched)
- IF YOU WANT TO USE THESE IMAGES YOU MUST ASK ME AND NOODOOSOUP FOR PERMISSION BECAUSE I MADE THE SCRATCH VERSION OF HER SELFIE -

[Image: Soup-1.png]

Wow.... Looks incredible!
How long did it take you?

No offense but does anyone else see it as a llama? (Don't worry it makes it look better)