General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Apr. 23, 2011  7:10 PM)trumpetblade Wrote: Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, toywiz just updated with new pics. Looks as though the new beys won't have tattooed faces.

http://www.toywiz.com/galaxypegasus.html

What were you expecting ?
I know Hasbro has had some bad name changes, but this is the worst one yet!! Angry It was just fine the way it was! Why didn't they just take the O off the end?!?! Angry

http://www.toywiz.com/raystriker.html
Yes they will. Mostly hasbro takes after tt except their plastics and metal wheel is a bit stronger so yes they will.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:17 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: I know Hasbro has had some bad name changes, but this is the worst one yet!! Angry It was just fine the way it was! Why didn't they just take the O off the end?!?! Angry

http://www.toywiz.com/raystriker.html

This is very, very old news though ...

®otation Wrote:Yes they will. Mostly hasbro takes after tt except their plastics and metal wheel is a bit stronger so yes they will.

Are you referring to the "tattooed" Faces ? Because if you are, you are completely wrong.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is very, very old news though ...
How am I just finding out about this then...? I guess I need to check ToyWiz more often...

(Apr. 23, 2011  7:18 PM)®otation Wrote: Yes they will. Mostly hasbro takes after tt except their plastics and metal wheel is a bit stronger so yes they will.
If that was the case, we would already have tattooed faces...
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:21 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is very, very old news though ...
How am I just finding out about this then...? I guess I need to check ToyWiz more often...

Or this topic more. We must have discussed it more than a month ago.
do you know why they had to change the name to ray striker and not not leave it as ray unicorno?
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:28 PM)BLAZING DRAGON Wrote: do you know why they had to change the name to ray striker and not not leave it as ray unicorno?

Hasbro is Hasbro.
ok thanks
(Apr. 24, 2011  12:27 AM)Dadahvid Wrote: Apparently, the release date is May according to Toywiz. http://www.toywiz.com/galaxypegasus.html

That is false. That is when Toywiz might get it (it is not even certain), but they have special links with Hasbro so they can get some items earlier than normal stores.
the new packaging looks nice, as well as the bey-personalized light launcher.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:10 PM)trumpetblade Wrote: Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, toywiz just updated with new pics. Looks as though the new beys won't have tattooed faces.

http://www.toywiz.com/galaxypegasus.html
How? pegasus has the printed face in packaging and a different on the other WITH ALL THE STICKERS APLIED.Also lacerta face in package looks differnt the other.
As was discussed since, it is quite certain that the Faces are still not "tattooed" ...
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:28 PM)BLAZING DRAGON Wrote: do you know why they had to change the name to ray striker and not not leave it as ray unicorno?

They changed it because of the name Unicorno. Hasbro thinks that most boys that play Beyblade (and this is relatively true) are under the age of 10. Most boys under the age of 10 are still not mature enough to admit they are playing with tops that have magical unicorns coming out from them. Hasbro changed it so they wouldn't lose any sales on Ray Unicorno, or earn a bad reputation with these "names" they consider to not be as "cool." Personally I would have liked for it to stay at Unicorno, but like Kai-V said, Hasbro is Hasbro. At least it isn't a completely horrible name. I kinda like Striker.
(Apr. 25, 2011  4:43 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: They changed it because of the name Unicorno. Hasbro thinks that most boys that play Beyblade (and this is relatively true) are under the age of 10. Most boys under the age of 10 are still not mature enough to admit they are playing with tops that have magical unicorns coming out from them. Hasbro changed it so they wouldn't lose any sales on Ray Unicorno, or earn a bad reputation with these "names" they consider to not be as "cool." Personally I would have liked for it to stay at Unicorno, but like Kai-V said, Hasbro is Hasbro. At least it isn't a completely horrible name. I kinda like Striker.

What ? That is all pure speculation. You have no idea if that is really what Hasbro was thinking. It could be for another copyright issue as far as we know.
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  4:43 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: They changed it because of the name Unicorno. Hasbro thinks that most boys that play Beyblade (and this is relatively true) are under the age of 10. Most boys under the age of 10 are still not mature enough to admit they are playing with tops that have magical unicorns coming out from them. Hasbro changed it so they wouldn't lose any sales on Ray Unicorno, or earn a bad reputation with these "names" they consider to not be as "cool." Personally I would have liked for it to stay at Unicorno, but like Kai-V said, Hasbro is Hasbro. At least it isn't a completely horrible name. I kinda like Striker.

What ? That is all pure speculation. You have no idea if that is really what Hasbro was thinking. It could be for another copyright issue as far as we know.

True, true it could be because of that. But if that was the problem then why weren't any other names changed in Season 1 or 2? Beats me, but I'm almost positive that they changed it for my reason. But you are correct that it is pure speculation, which I know isn't allowed.
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:12 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: True, true it could be because of that. But if that was the problem then why weren't any other names changed in Season 1 or 2? Beats me, but I'm almost positive that they changed it for my reason. But you are correct that it is pure speculation, which I know isn't allowed.

Burn Fireblaze ? Earth Eagle ? Storm Pegasus ? Rock Scorpio ? Etc. And there will surely be other name changes in the second season.
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  5:12 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: True, true it could be because of that. But if that was the problem then why weren't any other names changed in Season 1 or 2? Beats me, but I'm almost positive that they changed it for my reason. But you are correct that it is pure speculation, which I know isn't allowed.

Burn Fireblaze ? Earth Eagle ? Storm Pegasus ? Rock Scorpio ? Etc. And there will surely be other name changes in the second season.

... Those completely passed my mind. My bad Kai-V. Sleepless here. Forget I ever said any of that, and delete it if you see it needed be.
To everyone who was saying, in the other topic, that Hasbro stadiums just needed more pockets because they did not have enough :

No. They have too many pockets already and too few exits. What are you thinking ?
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: To everyone who was saying, in the other topic, that Hasbro stadiums just needed more pockets because they did not have enough :

No. They have too many pockets already and too few exits. What are you thinking ?
Pockets would work if they were made of netting like soccer goals. The problem is they rebound out or just sit in the pocket and chill for a bit. If it was netted, the pocket would give enough so the blade couldn't rebound out, but it would also prevent little children from getting hurt and parents from being sue-happy.

It's not that hard to incorporate nylon thread into their designs.
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No. They have too many pockets already and too few exits. What are you thinking ?

pockets and exits have the same meaning and use in beyblade, since hasbro will obviously not do the exits, i said pockets
also i said this

Quote:the problem is lack of pockets and/or exits

if TT used pockets instead of exits on the TT attack, would it change anything? no, once a bey goes into a pocket or exit it is out. (even if the bey bounces out of the pocket it doesn't matter, it is out once it goes in it)

so if they add more pockets/exits, then great. it doesn't matter if it is one or the other because the have the same purpose
Has anyone seen the videos at that toy fair. It talks about how the new Metal Masters can be remote controlled.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:05 PM)AxBlader Wrote: Has anyone seen the videos at that toy fair. It talks about how the new Metal Masters can be remote controlled.

We saw that months ago, yes.

lord wolfblade Wrote:if TT used pockets instead of exits on the TT attack, would it change anything? no, once a bey goes into a pocket or exit it is out. (even if the bey bounces out of the pocket it doesn't matter, it is out once it goes in it)

You have visibly not played with an Attack Type BeyStadium ... Pockets and real exits have a huge difference in performance.
We known that since Febuary...... sorry for mispelling.
EDIT: Beaten by Kai-V!