General Hasbro BEYBLADE:Metal Fury/Shogun Steel/Beyblades Legends -FALL 2014 [HOBBY]

(Sep. 10, 2012  2:27 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: This might be very old news at this point...

http://www.toywiz.com/beybladeultimategiftset.html

Those recolors are excellent. Correct me if I am wrong, but everything in that pack is a recolor EXCEPT Flame Libra?
The Libra has a reddish-orange tip instead of an orange one.
Reddish-Orange is more Reddish than Orange...and more "ish" than Red-Orange...

This pack has won my favor. XD I will be keeping an eye out for it...(I need a new Earth Eagle anyway, my CW is all dented and such, plus I like the recolors, and I don't have CS yet)
Aha, I bought that at Walmart at Christmas time for about 15 bucks. XD
Anyways, no stickers came with it for me, and the CS acted as a RF. Unhappy
But good purchase, IMO.
I don't understand why people are a fan of the stickers...I feel compelled to use them should their be no printed facebolt, and even then I just feel bad and stick them on the beylockers I have, or put them on launchers, but over time they just get worn and torn and look ugly...I was happy when I saw Twisted Tempo come with no decals, and even happier when I found out a lot of the stuff was printed detail now, or just plainly no stickers at all.
(Sep. 10, 2012  2:44 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I don't understand why people are a fan of the stickers...I feel compelled to use them should their be no printed facebolt, and even then I just feel bad and stick them on the beylockers I have, or put them on launchers, but over time they just get worn and torn and look ugly...I was happy when I saw Twisted Tempo come with no decals, and even happier when I found out a lot of the stuff was printed detail now, or just plainly no stickers at all.

Because printed faces have less colours

Quote:TORONTO, Sept. 7, 2012 /CNW/ - Corus Entertainment's Nelvana Enterprises, Hasbro, Inc. and Toys"R"Us Canada invite BEYBLADE fans across the country to participate in BEYBLADE Battle Tournaments on Saturday, October 6, 2012.

All Toys"R"Us locations (excluding Express stores) across the country will host in-store BEYBLADE battle tournaments with each store's champion entered for a chance to win an exclusive grand prize including a custom animation cel from a BEYBLADE artist, a $1,000 Toys"R"Us shopping spree and more! Additional prizes for first through fourth place include an assortment of BEYBLADE tops and licensed merchandise.

Pre-registration is limited to 32 participants per store and will be available at all Toys"R"Us locations (excluding Express stores) nationwide, starting Friday, September 14. For additional prizing details, a complete store list, participant age requirements and full contest rules and regulations, visit www.toysrus.ca/beyblade starting Saturday, September 8, 2012.

BEYBLADE is a modern battling tops system inspired by traditional Japanese battling tops called "bei-goma". Since its relaunch in 2008, Hasbro and TOMY have sold over 150 million tops worldwide.

BEYBLADE is also a hit TV series from Nelvana and d-rights, Inc. The most recent season to air, BEYBLADE: Metal Fury, is part three of the BEYBLADE saga and features 39 half-hour episodes. BEYWHEELZ is a new chapter in the franchise, with 13 half-hour episodes showcasing the new BEYWHEELZ toys.

BEYWHEELZ: Powered by BEYBLADE, launches on YTV on Saturday, September 8 starting at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT.
(Sep. 10, 2012  9:22 PM)To Wrote: For additional prizing details, a complete store list, participant age requirements and full contest rules and regulations, visit www.toysrus.ca/beyblade starting Saturday, September 8, 2012.

Dammit, those tips are still being used. So cheesy D:
Forget cheesy, those tips are awful XD

Interesting tournament though....
(Sep. 10, 2012  9:28 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Forget cheesy, those tips are awful XD

Serious

They specified them to be for "absolutely entry-level players" and to be as generic as possible. Meaning, he couldn't just go all "SLIDING SHOOT FO' ATTCK TYPES YO!". "RF FRICTION ATTACK FTW!". Hasbro players, remember. And I admit, some of those are not that great.

Do you know what I mean?
A Toys R Us Tournament,finally I'll show my skills and the one that happend in February sucked
Now to find a kid...

EDIT: NVM, this is a useless tourney. Can't even customise.
Dang, only Canada. I wonder what I would choose ...
This time, in this context, I am quite happy that there are at least some tournaments again. Even in Japan, they do not seem as popular anymore.

But yes, probably no customizations allowed, the age limit, only in Canada, and they advertise BeyWheelz even if they most likely will be banned, like all other side-series of Beyblade ...
why does canada always get the tournaments ;(

Tip: don't use Metal Fury, lawl
Why only Canada?!?! Why not show some love for the USA fans TRU?

Those prizes are amazing for a low-budget tournament like this. If you can't customize, what's the point of battling in a tournament?
Only Canada and you can't customize anything...

Twisted Tempo 145WD wins Tired
That has to be the most broken competition ever. Might as well compete with XTS.
(Sep. 11, 2012  1:07 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: That has to be the most broken competition ever. Might as well compete with XTS.

It has always been like that in Toys "R" Us competitions, even outside Canada.

Nuzumaki90 Wrote:Those prizes are amazing for a low-budget tournament like this.

Low budget ? You understand that Nelvana, Hasbro and Toys "R" Us Canada are affiliating to make those tournaments happen ?
(Sep. 11, 2012  1:05 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Only Canada and you can't customize anything...
Twisted Tempo 145WD wins Tired

Did you not read the site? There are only 12 beys to choose from so they probably ommitted Tempo.
Even if they didn't, Ray Striker could take it in a TT stadium, though that means very little here since KOing Tempo wouldn't help in a Hasbro one.
Wait, where did you get that there are only twelve Beyblades to choose from ? I get redirected to the French version automatically, hah.
https://trucadevtest.com/tru/pdf/beyblad...ay_ENG.pdf
Rules 1 of the equipment section.

This is reached by clicking the tournament heading and choosing the lower of the two links, though if you get french then you won't be able to read the version you get to.
Ah, thank you for the link.

What hah : you must choose among twelve Metal Fury tops ? There are only eleven Metal Fury tops available in Canada ...
Seriously? Now that really is fail!
Unless a new one is being shown off at this event or something?
So at the TRU Tournament you can bring your own Beyblades?
This will be just like the February one
(Sep. 11, 2012  8:56 PM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: So at the TRU Tournament you can bring your own Beyblades?

If you had read the comments above you, you must select from the Beyblades that are already provided. No customization either.