General Golfing Thread

Any golfers out there? What clubs do you use? What's your handicap? Do you play in tournaments?

Talk about the game of golf (Not the pros-unless you are one, of course Wink) here.
Aw, no golfers out there?

Ugh, my handicap rose to a 42 today. My driver is so unreliable!

Good thing I'm getting a new one soon Smile.
I can't use a driver. I'm still using a 9-Iron. Hah, I suck. Though I finally posted sub-100 on 18 holes, but THAT was a lucky one. (97)
(Aug. 12, 2011  12:47 AM)Temporal Wrote: I can't use a driver. I'm still using a 9-Iron. Hah, I suck. Though I finally posted sub-100 on 18 holes, but THAT was a lucky one. (97)

You're sub 100? Wow! Wish I was that good. How may clubs do you have?

Competing in a scramble tournament this monday @5:30 PM. It's a four person team, and we have my friend who's PRO (His handicap is 4, but he's lately been shooting under par!).
...Two. A driver I can't even use and my trusty 9-Iron! I've never seen so many pars in my LIFE. Hah, doubt that'll ever happen again.
I have a full nike bag Victory red's 1 driver,1 strong wood 2 hybrids depending on the course 3-9 Stiff TW Nike Blades PW,56 SW 60 LW Method Putter. I just started playing when i moved into my house with a free 9 hole course. Full 18 I average 92+.
YES. HELLZ YES.

JUST GOT A DRIVER! We went to the pro shop and the guy set me up with a Diablo Octane, force flex shaft and 11 and a half size. Beautiful club, hopefully can get some sick mileage out of it today when I go to play 18.
My dad was a professional golfer. I hardly ever saw him during ages 1-8 I mean maybe an hour a day. He would either be playing or running the Pro club. He was very good Smile I'll ask him what his handicap was. I personally don't know a lot about golf Pinching_eyes_2
(Aug. 12, 2011  11:59 PM)Chups Wrote: My dad was a professional golfer. I hardly ever saw him during ages 1-8 I mean maybe an hour a day. He would either be playing or running the Pro club. He was very good Smile I'll ask him what his handicap was. I personally don't know a lot about golf Pinching_eyes_2

Wow, that's so sick XD.

Had the round of my life. I mean THE ROUND OF MY LIFE. My diablo driverwas sick, and I double bogey'd every hole but one, which I parred.
I wish I can play right now Unhappy with my broken arm and thumb, my swing is too painful and i cannot even hold the club at the apex of the swing.
(Aug. 13, 2011  4:50 AM)ikmv Wrote: I wish I can play right now Unhappy with my broken arm and thumb, my swing is too painful and i cannot even hold the club at the apex of the swing.

Ah, sorry to hear that.

Today, my personal round of nine was cut short because the idiot in front of me let his son drive the cart.

He drove it into the woods.

Tired...
Just went to the range the other day. I was crushing my driver, but my irons were grounding. Think I'm not following through on the swing...

Tips?
Ack, I can't follow through. I usually end up on my face. Though I did hit a moving cart on a driving range a few weeks back, followed through and everything. We were having a game on who could hit the cage of the cart from 30 yards. Winner got ten bucks. I promptly spent it on YGO cards, hah. (I wish I still had that 10 dollars...)
Ugh, my last golf lesson for the summer was yesterday. Coach took us out on the local course for a few holes. Drives kept hooking right, like usual XD. My 9 wood was good though; hit it straight for the most part XD. My 6 iron was good yesterday. Coach said "U gotta plant your right foot in concrete." BTW I'm a righty, so yeah, that's whyXD.

EDIT: Love ur user title Sparta ^^.
EDIT 2: Actually both XD!
(Aug. 18, 2011  7:49 PM)Ryuk Wrote: Ugh, my last golf lesson for the summer was yesterday. Coach took us out on the local course for a few holes. Drives kept hooking right, like usual XD. My 9 wood was good though; hit it straight for the most part XD. My 6 iron was good yesterday. Coach said "U gotta plant your right foot in concrete." BTW I'm a righty, so yeah, that's whyXD.

EDIT: Love ur user title Sparta ^^.

Haha, thanks (The "Golfing Fool" one, right?).

I learned that it's bad to plant your right foot. On the backswing you keep it down, but when you come through you should twist your foot, as if you're squashing a bug.
He probably says that cuz sometimes I'm kinda unsteady. Like, sometimes I pick that foot up a little accidentally. He also calls this thing "K to K" when you move your knees while swinging, as in a K to K motion, with your knees. Sometimes when he teaches, he likes you to do a "L to L" when you take the club back 90 degrees, and then swing through until your club is at 90 degrees the other way. I find them helpful, and wanted to tell you guys ^^.