General B-Daman Thread

@ Gaddiko: You know, I've seen a picture of Valiant Wyvern with the WBMA Proto 01, and the stickers on the latter B-Daman's head is a probable reference to those on Valiant Wyvern's head.

@ trap: Thanks for clearing that up. You know, I think you should help out around ~Mana~'s B-Daman wiki, you know what I'm saying?
(Feb. 04, 2013  2:52 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ Gaddiko: You know, I've seen a picture of Valiant Wyvern with the WBMA Proto 01, and the stickers on the latter B-Daman's head is a probable reference to those on Valiant Wyvern's head.

@ trap: Thanks for clearing that up. You know, I think you should help out around ~Mana~'s B-Daman wiki, you know what I'm saying?
Lol I know a good bit about b-daman, I actually started my own forum and was gonna have a wiki thing on there but I never got enough members so I shut it down. I've been thinking of starting another one but I don't have anyone to help out with the site (that I can trust). The only reason I'm a member here is because this is the only active b-daman discussion I have found, I'm not really even into beyblades haha .
@ trap: Oh, and what OS Gear pieces would you recommend in upgrading a Junker Unicorn?
(Feb. 04, 2013  10:28 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ trap: Oh, and what OS Gear pieces would you recommend in upgrading a Junker Unicorn?
Well first you'd have to buy an OS gear and those are not easy to find(OS stands for "Over Shell" system). You have to have an OS gear to connect the upgrade parts to the b-daman. If you manage to get a OS gear then just look for a good OS magazine and a long accuracy barrel. Junker unicorn's strong point seems to be rapid fire due to the stroke shot system(always remember that rapid fire only works good when you have a magazine otherwise it's useless).
On another note I just bought a fighting phoenix off of ebay Grin. Still waiting for my new master koryakuo sp II though
Unhappy
EDIT: Here is a B-daman with an OS gear this should give you an idea of what I'm talking about(it's also the only b-daman with an os gear on ebay lol).... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Super-Bat...1e762d7c2f
@ trap: I was just asking, but thanks! Oh, and that's good of you to get that Fighting Phoenix. B-Daman with drive strips are must-haves for challenges where Power-Type customizations are most recommended!
(Feb. 04, 2013  11:10 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ trap: I was just asking, but thanks! Oh, and that's good of you to get that Fighting Phoenix. B-Daman with drive strips are must-haves for challenges where Power-Type customizations are most recommended!
I like to be as informative as possible to help everyone out more lol. And Delta breaker (2002 reissue of fighting phoenix) has the best drive shot out of all of my power type b-daman. I'm hoping the original Fighting Phoenix will have the same shot.
@ trap: If you like being informative, why don't you join ~Mana~'s B-Daman wiki? I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute on there! Oh, and if Delta Breaker is the re-issue of Fighting Phoenix, then would I be right in assuming that Burning Arrow is the re-issue of Wild Wyvern? Oh, and what B-Daman is the Aero Stalker a re-release of?
(Feb. 05, 2013  12:26 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ trap: If you like being informative, why don't you join ~Mana~'s B-Daman wiki? I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute on there! Oh, and if Delta Breaker is the re-issue of Fighting Phoenix, then would I be right in assuming that Burning Arrow is the re-issue of Wild Wyvern? Oh, and what B-Daman is the Aero Stalker a re-release of?
Yes ,
Delta breaker=Fighting phoenix
Burning arrow= Wild wyvern
Aero striker= JBA original
Spin wizard= Stagg sphinx
Sonic Sniper= Master koryakuo sp II
EDIT: All of these were reissued in 2002 with the first release of Battle B-daman along with cobalt sword, cobalt geist, ect)
@ trap: Dude, I oughta put you on my buddies list for this!
So a little while back apparently, they had some kind of event over in Japan where a fair number of B-Daman were on display. Among them was this:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/sylphwatch/im...0acc4c.jpg

Over on the right there is spike Phoenix with what looks like parts from Drive=Garuburn and Kreis=Raydra attached, but also purple feet parts and a clear headpiece. From the look of it, the clear part is from Dracyan, meaning that Rising=Dracyan will be blue with clear parts, and the final special B-Daman of eS (Tortoise, I think it was?) will be black with translucent purple parts, much like Drazeros.

Man. They're really making me want a Spike Phoenix. Too bad it'll be really hard to track down on the aftermarket. Pinching_eyes
anyone know if the Rising Valkyrie in the Bakuchou Renpatsu GBC combo is a full B-Daman or if its a conversion kit for one?

PS: Holy fracking Burst Orion Chocked_2.

trap: this one looks nice, know anything about it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Vintage-B...20ce887411
(Feb. 05, 2013  7:15 AM)IXRolloutIX Wrote: So a little while back apparently, they had some kind of event over in Japan where a fair number of B-Daman were on display. Among them was this:

Over on the right there is spike Phoenix with what looks like parts from Drive=Garuburn and Kreis=Raydra attached, but also purple feet parts and a clear headpiece. From the look of it, the clear part is from Dracyan, meaning that Rising=Dracyan will be blue with clear parts, and the final special B-Daman of eS (Tortoise, I think it was?) will be black with translucent purple parts, much like Drazeros.

Man. They're really making me want a Spike Phoenix. Too bad it'll be really hard to track down on the aftermarket. Pinching_eyes

@ IXRolloutIX: Not only that, but that B-Daman to the left of those two Spike=Phoenixes; that's Rising Valkyrie, which was distributed exclusively through this one Super B-Daman Gameboy RPG.

@ Gaddiko: It's a full B-Daman
(Feb. 05, 2013  5:27 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2013  7:15 AM)IXRolloutIX Wrote: So a little while back apparently, they had some kind of event over in Japan where a fair number of B-Daman were on display. Among them was this:

@ IXRolloutIX: Not only that, but that B-Daman to the left of those two Spike=Phoenixes; that's Rising Valkyrie, which was distributed exclusively through this one Super B-Daman Gameboy RPG.

The b-daman on the left is Combat Phoenix,not Rising Valkyrie. And Rising Valkyrie is just an upgrade for Combat Phoenix , not a full b-daman.
@ Gaddiko: That's Eternal Eclipse. It's from the Super B-daman R series.
carp... so I would have to find a Combat Phoenix and then buy that if I wanted that B-Daman... would it be worth it? it looks like Pow/Acc. or are their more readily available ones that are stronger?
(Feb. 05, 2013  9:20 PM)trap Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2013  5:27 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote:

The b-daman on the left is Combat Phoenix,not Rising Valkyrie. And Rising Valkyrie is just an upgrade for Combat Phoenix , not a full b-daman.
@ Gaddiko: That's Eternal Eclipse. It's from the Super B-daman R series.

@ trap: Thanks for the correction!
(Feb. 05, 2013  9:45 PM)Gaddiko Wrote: carp... so I would have to find a Combat Phoenix and then buy that if I wanted that B-Daman... would it be worth it? it looks like Pow/Acc. or are their more readily available ones that are stronger?
I have seen Combat phoenix on ebay for like $79.99 usd and rising valkyrie is around $40.00.. So if you think it's worth it go for it, but I recommend getting a cheaper one like Iron Cyclops. If you don't have an OS gear I only recommend b-daman from the PI-system and up so you can have more customization options. Any phoenix b-daman is a good starter IF you can find one lol. If your planning on getting into super b-daman I advise you to check yahoo japan auctions for cheaper prices on lots, you'd save a lot of money this way.
would I just type in B-Daman there or would I have to translate it?

Also if you dont mind, what are the gimmicks/types of these ones? They are the most attractive ones I can find on ebay (price and appearance wise):

Blade Orochi
Cool Helios
Crimson Gigant
(Feb. 05, 2013  10:53 PM)Gaddiko Wrote: would I just type in B-Daman there or would I have to translate it?

Also if you dont mind, what are the gimmicks/types of these ones? They are the most attractive ones I can find on ebay (price and appearance wise):

Blade Orochi
Cool Helios
Crimson Gigant
Just type in : ビーダマン or Bidaman.
Here are some of the b-daman you are interested in(translate the page): http://blog.yahoo.com/B-DAMAN/articles/page/59?detail
That should help you out a bit
EDIT: Here is a video of some OS b-daman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS6llLp9f9E
Just thought I'd post it.
EDIT AGAIN: That blog link I posted has a lot of super b-daman along with the speed of their shots. Just click the b-daman's pic and then scroll down to see their shot speed.
well, upon studying what I can find (and read), I choose Cool Helios. (*goes onto ebay*) Ok, 80 dollars... every time -.-

Is it just me or does that abe.or.jp show up as basically only squares, diamonds with ?'s in them, and random letters?
(Feb. 06, 2013  12:15 AM)Gaddiko Wrote: well, upon studying what I can find (and read), I choose Cool Helios. (*goes onto ebay*) Ok, 80 dollars... every time -.-

Is it just me or does that abe.or.jp show up as basically only squares, diamonds with ?'s in them, and random letters?
Yeah the abe.or.jp site appears like it was created in the late 90's so it's probably a technical issue with the site. It does the same thing to me. And yeah, you won't find a super b-daman on ebay for less than $30.00 I just paid $25.00 for fighting phoenix and another $22.00 for master koryakuo sp II Uncertain not cheap haha. I've seen lots go for cheap on yja but I'd only buy lots from there because you'll be spending about the same on a single b-daman on yja as you would ebay after fees and shipping. I found my Burning atlus on HLJ a while ago for only $15.00, haven't seen any on there since then though.
(Feb. 06, 2013  12:15 AM)Gaddiko Wrote: well, upon studying what I can find (and read), I choose Cool Helios. (*goes onto ebay*) Ok, 80 dollars... every time -.-

That is because your browser does not automatically recognise that the page is written in Japanese, so you need to go indicate that it is Japanese coding on your own.
@ trap: There was another B-Daman in the Limited series called the Double Gunner. What B-Daman is it based on?
(Feb. 06, 2013  1:12 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: @ trap: There was another B-Daman in the Limited series called the Double Gunner. What B-Daman is it based on?
Kong Cerberus. It shoots two b-dama at once and has a drive strip.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention I'm working on a b-daman forum right now. Don't know how it will turn out though. And thanks to Kai-V I learned if you click the "tools" option in your browser and then click "encoding" then choose "Japanese" It will turn all of those "? "and squares to japanese and from there you can translate to english(for those of you who are technically challenged like myself lol)....
@ trap: Thanks for clearing that up, man!
yeah, probably just gonna hope I can get Cool Helios from Ebay, least then I get free shipping, I have seen it on there for a few months so I dont think its going anywhere. What B-Daman and parts do you have?