General Ace Attorney Discussion

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/16/ace...onvention/

How did you manage not to hear about it? It's a pretty hot topic XD Because... y'know, it actually looks pretty good XD

Tell me, are the Pheonix Wrigth games somewhat like Miles Edgeworth?
Very similar, yeah. They were originally made with GBA in mind, but the conversion to touch-screen went off well. I can assure you that the cases are just good.
my god,finally the thread for me.
I love the Ace Attorney games.Trials and tribulations is one of my favorite games of all time.Their funny,they have great chatracters,the cases are great,it has some of the best story iv seen in video games no matter how convoluted it gets its still incredible.Now I will admit some cases are completely crazy(case 2-3),and some are dark(case 3-4).But their always a blast to go through and I absolutely love case 3-5.In my opinion its the best case in the series.But thats just me,I know people who like case 2-4 more.
But overall and this may sound stupid but,these games are the ones that inspired me to become a lawyer when i grow up and as long as capcom makess more games I will continue to be happy and im filled with hype for Ace Attorney HD collection, Ace Attorney 5,and the movie.
I just realized that the cases in Miles Edgeworth's game just keep going further into the past XD I'm not as smart as Miles, it seems.

I wish there was full voice acting. that would be awesome XD
Giving new birth to this thread along with a new Pheonix Wright game!! Ace Attorney 5!!

It IS headed to the West, such as been confirmed by Capcom.

I know what game I'm pre-ordering!!

My only problem with this game, so far, is that Maya doesn't seem to be our assistant, it's some new girl wearing a yellow coat (April O'neil?) but it kinda makes sense... The game does take place after the seven years of Phoenix's inactivity as a lawyer (Which took place and is explained in Apollo Justice) so she probably just went back to her village and became the leader of the Fey tradition and stuff. I'm willing to bet she'll be a defendant in one of the cases, too :p (Which would be awesome XD)

I also hope they won't make a new, mean, legend-like antagonist Prosecutor. That formula's grown old, just bring back Miles Edgeworth who has a kickass friendship/rivalry with Phoenix and whom everybody likes Joyful_3
Mother of god that looks awesome.

I need to start playing Ace Attorney again, I forgot how good those games were...
I...I...I...I...
-breaks down-

Man, I've been obsessively listening to this recently. The mix is just amazing!
Unlimited Corners!

I highly recommend getting the orchestrated soundtrack as well, the Ace Attorney music is simply amazing. I went back and played the first game, DS version. I forgot how hard it was. XD
Startling news, interestingly...

So, it was revealed in a recent interview that yhe game will have FULL VOICE ACTING and ANIME CUTSCENES!! Also, from the sounds of the interview, it seems that many characters will make a comeback. I'm just hoping Miles Edgeworth, Maya, (D)ick Gumshoe and Pearly come back :3
Yeah, I heard about that too. Kinda interested to see how Phoenix and Edgeworth sound, I'm almost afraid to hear Lotta's voice haha.

Pearls is a must, but in general I want to know what happened to the Fey Clan over those 7 years.
So, for Ace Attorney 5, Apollo DOES return!

But, from the looks of things... he MIGHT be the villain!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/12/apo...ttorney-5/

He's got a new look and he looked quite angry. Also, with Phoenix returning as the main character, it would be a little too much to have Apollo as an attorney too... But having Apollo as a villain, that would be FREAKIN' BRILLIANT!!!

Notice the coat on Apollo's shoulders. Have we ever seen that coat? Might it justify a possible turn to prosecution?

Now THAT'S intrigue!
Pretty much what I was thinking.

However, I did notice something. The coat was angled such that the lapels of his suit where his defense attorney badge normally is were hidden. Is it possible he became a prosecutor or, even better, an interrogator? His special abilities would be very helpful, and it would make sense for the injuries if he was in the police, along with the hardened look.
Apollo also equals Trucy, so I wonder what she'll look like.
Well, kind of a surprise reveal: Ace Attorney 5 will come out in Japan on July 15th!

Kinda sudden and still no release date for America, but, hopefully, such a close Japanese release means the english version will come not so long after that Joyful_3
We don't want another AAI2 after all...
Hey, they confirmed it'd be released here... T-They can't go back on their word now, can they?
I hope so...
Either way, this game looks beautiful.

This game is made even more beautiful of course, by: (Click to View)
Well of course. Look at that beautiful lush of hair, my my.

Although I do wonder what kind of voice they'll give to a character like that... or any of the characters, really.
It seems I was wrong in thinking Apollo would be the enemy prosecutor. While it does seem like Apollo has a darker eye on life and general personality, the enemy to Phoenix is actually a newcomer whose character is very intriguing: Jin Yugami

Of course, that name means nothing to us, since it'll probably get changed in the english version, like all names in the series. He's a prosecutor that's been accused AND found guilty of murder. No joke. However, even though he's serving his sentence right now, he was selected to prosecute a few cases. While that does seem like an incredibly stupid move on the law's part, I did think of an explanation: While I haven't played the game, I've read that in Ace Attorney Investigations 2, there's a prosecutor purge to wash out the more corrupted elements in the system. I don't know if they'll go there for sure, but it'd be hilariously delicious if this guy was actually brought out of prison to prosecute again because of a lack of prosecutors after the purge. It's like 'Oh, we can't hire anymore prosecutors now that we fired a bunch of 'em? Well, better bring that murderer out of jail, then!'

Apparently, Yugami is a sort of tactical mastermind, using mind games to toy with his enemies. We've seen that already with Godot... and Franziska... and Edgeworth too, really, but I'm guessing they'll play with that aspect a bit more. He also has a pet falcon, it seems... it surely only exist to make him look cooler, which it does to some effect.

So yeah, Yugami is alright, looks kinda cool, though I AM disappointed Apollo won't be our enemy... which makes me wonder what he's actually gonna do in this game. Anyway, here are a few Yugami pics:

[Image: chara_img_yugami_ss01p.jpg] [Image: chara_img_yugami_ss02p.jpg]

And yes, he DOES have that much hair. It's probably better to just ignore it.
But every prosecutor has to be a tactical mastermind! Just like how all defense attorneys are only semi-smart and win by bluffing and chance!
At least he has a falcon. so he's cool.

So they're making a murderer prosecute? Interesting theory with AAI2 and all, but it's difficult to confirm when we have the wide selection of backgrounds from Ace Attorney at our disposal. Don't even get me started on that subject...

Contributing some of my own thoughts, I went and watched the English subbed version of the Phoenix Wright movie finally. I was pretty impressed, seeing how several video game movies tend to suck. This one was excellent though, and they did a pretty decent job with the cast selection (except Larry and Maya, who look a lot more Asian than the game versions for obvious reasons).
I was only annoyed with the fact that Von Karma's breakdown did not involve him slamming his head against the wall. I don't care if it was traumatizing, that would've been so worth it.
Well, 'this' was kinda freaky, even in the video game... I mean, just imagine what it would've looked like when done by a human XD

The movie was indeed decently good, luckily. It could have been so easily screwed up...

I also found the cover on Wikipedia... I hadn't seen it anywhere else, so I'm not entirely sure if this is fanmade or the actual thing, but whichever it is, looks damn good!

[Image: Ace_Attorney_5_cover.jpg]

It's also apparent now that the silhouette seen at the end of the trailer posted a few months back is Jin, the one who will 'bring a turnabout'.
They show original Apollo again...
Maybe we'll see another usage of the MASON/Juror system from AA4?

omg I'm so happy I have a 3DS XL now I can't wait for this thing.
LET THE HYPE MACHINE MARCH!!

ACE ATTORNEY: DUAL DESTINIES!!

OHNCJINBROYUBFIHABECLHDF QIJNCVIJRCFNIAMCGOOOOOODOGODGODGOD!!!!!!!!!

We even get the english 'OBJECTION!' from Phoenix and the 'HOLD IT!' from Athena Cykes, his new assistant!!!

It's coming out THIS FALL IN THE US AND EUROPE as a downloadable title. It's a good thing that I've gotten familiar with the e-Shop a few weeks ago, then...

JESUS THIS IS SO AWEOOOOOOOSME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, admittedly, Dual Destinies is a pretty cheesy name. Sounds more like a title from Yu-Gi-Oh or something, but whatever! EPIC!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG
HOLY CARP THAT VIDEO IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE WANTED ALL OF MY YEEEESSS

um it actually does sound like Yu-Gi-Oh though, but YEESSS
Sadly, much like what happens when some fans b*tch about the english localization of Tales games, the fanbase for Ace Attorney must once again turn this great news into a sad event for me.

A ton of people are claiming that they won't buy the game if it's only released on the eShop...

*Sigh* I can understand being 'against' it, in a way, but not buying the game will just kill the franchise in the US! This is stupid ¬¬
It's probably because they're all whining about not having a hard copy to complete their AA collections, which seems understandable. However, that does not merit boycotting the game itself, which presents a bad image to the localizers like you said.
So, apparently, thanks to a Famitsu leak, both Edgeworth AND Trucy return in the sequel! That's pretty ballsy, if you ask me, I would've thought they'd try to distance themselves from Apollo Justice as much as possible, but it seems they're acknowledging it completely and even working with it to get the plot moving: The second case is apparently about a friend of Trucy's. Which does raise a question:

What kind of friend does Trucy have? She seemed pretty insociable or much too socially awkward to have friends in Apollo Justice, if you ask me XD

Also, if we have characters like Miles returning, what'll be his reaction to Phoenix being inactive for 8 years because of a fraud, finding out he now adopted a girl and that he got his attorney badge back? Weren't they good friend? XD