Gaming as a sport (Please read the discussion and respond)

Poll: Gaming as a sport? (answer after reading both arguements

Yes
4.76%
No
95.24%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
Yeah I pretty much ignored the crappy bits of the argument and just pieced together some of the more interesting/factual sections of it, but his incessant need to disparage the athleticism in the majority of sports was immature at best.
Doesn't bother me if it's defined as a sport or not, it definitely won't burn the fat away like jogging or rugby or something like that. =/

I enjoy video games as much as, if not more than the next person, but a sport? Nah, almost everything involves some sort of muscle memory or movement but that doesn't make it a sport. It has to be at least physically tiresome to the average human imo.
personally i find simply comparing the amount of intellectual stamina required from chess to smash to be insulting to my intelligence
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Now its really a question Does gaming take skill?
It does and it does'nt in ways such as you got to know what to do what to get you know all the gaming stuff which would need slight skill but i think gaming should never become a sport because there is'nt any physical stuff unlike basketball, football, Rugby etc.
Conclusion: Gaming should never be a sport.
ugh stop quoting dictionary definitions to support your arguments it's lazy
(Oct. 04, 2009  8:53 PM)LDrago Wrote: an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Now its really a question Does gaming take skill?

omg Tired
(Oct. 04, 2009  9:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ugh stop quoting dictionary definitions to support your arguments it's lazy

I did'nt Brad that was my own typing.
i wasn't referencing you
This is an awful thread, an awful debate, with awful posts to compliment it. I feel it's served to further bang into our brains that people have differing opinions, which is something none of us needed.

If anyone wants to remake this topic in the very distant future, you need to have an extremely lengthy opening post that go beyond c/ping definitions.