Gaming Random Thoughts

(Dec. 25, 2008  6:49 AM)Roan Wrote: Unfinished is the perfect word. Everything about it seems rushed and half-assed.

Do you really think the story is good? Really? I'm almost finished with the main quest and I think the story has been carp carp so far.

The game also plays like carp. Like you said, there are a lot of stupid bugs and glitches that completely ruin the game. The graphics are pretty underwhelming (I'm playing in 720p and it still isn't that great) and the animations are carp terrible. I also hate how limited ammo is in the game. Like ok, I get that its in a post-apocalyptic setting so things should be limited, but its far too limited in this game and more often than not I'll be in the middle of a huge quest and run out of ammo, then I get ambushed by a group of Super Mutants or something and they end up killing me because I spent all of my money on ammo and didn't have any left for Stimpaks and the like. What further irritates the hell out of me is when you get randomly ambushed like that and sometimes you get a save point just after you've run out of ammo or Stimpaks or whatever and so every time you die you spawn back in the same area with no ammo and no means to heal yourself.

The game carp sucks and I'm really upset with it.

For Super Mutants use a Hunting Rifle, 'Ol Painless, or Lincoln's Repeater (one shot kill everytime, but .44 ammo is so hard to find).

Ammo isn't very scarce to me. I also have upwards to 800 rounds for my Sydney's Ultra .10 MM SMG.

There aren't THAT many bugs, none that are completely game breaking.

The main quest's story has intrigued me so far, but it's the side quests like The Republic of Dave and Oasis that keep me coming back for more.

The animations in battle are amazing, imo. The talking animations are the same as Oblivion, so I'm used to it.

The graphics look great on my 1080p TV, though the PC version looks far superior.
Whatevs, Rez HD is easily my GOTY this year and that's saying something.
(Dec. 25, 2008  6:57 AM)Roan Wrote: Whatevs, Rez HD is easily my GOTY this year and that's saying something.

Rez HD is amazing. I still prefer the Dreamcast version though. For XBLA, Rez HD beats Braid IMO
I love both of them, they're both awesome.

Braid totally got lost in the shuffle but it deserves more recognition, its one of the coolest and most challenging (without being artificially challenging by adding in more enemies or giving you less health or something stupid like that) games I've played in a long time.

Plus it looks amazing.
(Dec. 25, 2008  7:00 AM)Roan Wrote: I love both of them, they're both awesome.

Braid totally got lost in the shuffle but it deserves more recognition, its one of the coolest and most challenging (without being artificially challenging by adding in more enemies or giving you less health or something stupid like that) games I've played in a long time.

Plus it looks amazing.

I'm just not a puzzler person.

The problem I have with Rez HD is I just can't play it on the 360 controller, even with how similar it is to the Dreamcast one. My hands like crave the Dreamcast controller when I play it
lol

I never got to play the original on either Dreamcast or PS2 but from the day I first saw coverage of it in EGM I knew I wanted it. So when I heard about it coming to XBLA... In HD... I was like :pwn: yeeeesssss
(Dec. 25, 2008  4:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [quote='merrychristmas' pid='84471' dateline='1230173572']

Quote:Brad and artie, I wish you many red rings. Yeah brad I know you like xbox, even tho you and I know just like all xbots , killzone 2 is going to murder, you still prefer xbox and are extrememly biased towards ps3.
ur so weird!what do u want?why r u always commin back?
i am starting to hate the PS3 because of U
Xbox360 and Wii 4 ever Smile
(Dec. 25, 2008  9:36 AM)pegasis Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2008  4:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [quote='merrychristmas' pid='84471' dateline='1230173572']

Quote:Brad and artie, I wish you many red rings. Yeah brad I know you like xbox, even tho you and I know just like all xbots , killzone 2 is going to murder, you still prefer xbox and are extrememly biased towards ps3.
No, Don't Hate the ps3.;_; it has it hard enough already.
LOL

Roan and Evan, Im surprised by all the glitches in Fallout 3. Now i want to search it up and see for my self. Though this game isn't typically what I like, it seemed too good to miss.

BTW roan, Rez beat out Mirrors Edge?
Hey guess who! Just joking. But seriously im back, and i have a proposal. Obviously i didnt get along with everyone but i realized it wasnt even personal, it was just preference related (xbox/ps3 wars). I thought that if that would be put aside, we cant get along. For example, arties funny, i think we can have fun discussions about football, how my team J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS stole your legendary quarter back, and to roan about how i aid you in sonys customer service aid ( im know how they work). Also, i would like to get an idea of what these new metal fight beyblades are all about, i have no idea whats going on, to be honest, and no one uploaded any vids, which is really suprising/disapointing ( looking at you bey community).

i have the feeling that he was truethfull this time.
brad plz next time he comesback just dont offend him,maybe he is being rude cuz u always offend him!!
i know i dont know him as much as u but give him a chance Smile
microsoft point generator
is it real?do u get banned because of using it?
plz tell me so i can decide to use it or not
i really need the legemdary map! Unhappy
(Dec. 25, 2008  10:46 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2008  9:36 AM)pegasis Wrote:

No, Don't Hate the ps3.;_; it has it hard enough already.
LOL

Roan and Evan, Im surprised by all the glitches in Fallout 3. Now i want to search it up and see for my self. Though this game isn't typically what I like, it seemed too good to miss.

BTW roan, Rez beat out Mirrors Edge?

Yeah. Mirror's Edge had the same issues that most of the triple-A titles did this year. It started off amazing and fresh but by the end it completely fell apart. A lot of games have had this same issue this year. MGS4 (The game itself was awesome all the way through but that final cut scene... UGGGHHH left a sour taste in my mouth), Fable II (the ending was terrible and hackneyed), Fallout 3 is just a huge letdown in general. It was hyped to hell and back and it totally doesn't live up to the hype at all. Gears of War 2 had issues with its ending as well, not to mention glitchy carp multiplayer and co-op that kind of ruin the experience, no matter how fun it is when its actually working.

Come to think of it, I think the only games that didn't completely make me want to quit gaming by the end are Prince of Persia and GTA IV. Prince of Persia honestly has one of the best endings in any video game, period. GTA IV is the only GTA I've ever finished in the entire series. It totally drew me in and despite popular opinion I really liked that it took the narrative in a more serious, gritty, mob-film style direction. I can't wait for the DLC -- I even re-bought the game in anticipation of it.

I haven't finished Far Cry 2 yet, so I can't really comment on that one. Rock Band 2 is a great game and if I didn't have a personal policy against naming music games GOTY I would probably pick that as its easily the game I play the most. So yeah, my GOTY list for this year is looking like this:

1. Rez HD
2. GTA IV
3. Burnout Paradise (This would probably be my GOTY if I had people to play it with; its not the same playing alone. There's so much content and Criterion just keeps adding more and more awesome stuff.)
4. Mirror's Edge (The concept is amazing and fresh and really exhilarating to play, its just a shame that everything outside of the first person platforming really carp sucks -- especially combat.)
so my burnout paradise download is at 75% now lol
lmao this is retarded.

I have no PS3 controller so I have to use my USB mouse to play Blu-rays and its complicated and weird as hell.
(Dec. 25, 2008  2:59 PM)pegasis Wrote: microsoft point generator
is it real?do u get banned because of using it?
plz tell me so i can decide to use it or not
i really need the legemdary map! Unhappy

stop stealing

and of course you'd get banned for it
(Dec. 25, 2008  6:53 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2008  6:49 AM)Roan Wrote: Unfinished is the perfect word. Everything about it seems rushed and half-assed.

Do you really think the story is good? Really? I'm almost finished with the main quest and I think the story has been carp carp so far.

The game also plays like carp. Like you said, there are a lot of stupid bugs and glitches that completely ruin the game. The graphics are pretty underwhelming (I'm playing in 720p and it still isn't that great) and the animations are carp terrible. I also hate how limited ammo is in the game. Like ok, I get that its in a post-apocalyptic setting so things should be limited, but its far too limited in this game and more often than not I'll be in the middle of a huge quest and run out of ammo, then I get ambushed by a group of Super Mutants or something and they end up killing me because I spent all of my money on ammo and didn't have any left for Stimpaks and the like. What further irritates the hell out of me is when you get randomly ambushed like that and sometimes you get a save point just after you've run out of ammo or Stimpaks or whatever and so every time you die you spawn back in the same area with no ammo and no means to heal yourself.

The game carp sucks and I'm really upset with it.

For Super Mutants use a Hunting Rifle, 'Ol Painless, or Lincoln's Repeater (one shot kill everytime, but .44 ammo is so hard to find).

Ammo isn't very scarce to me. I also have upwards to 800 rounds for my Sydney's Ultra .10 MM SMG.

There aren't THAT many bugs, none that are completely game breaking.

The main quest's story has intrigued me so far, but it's the side quests like The Republic of Dave and Oasis that keep me coming back for more.

The animations in battle are amazing, imo. The talking animations are the same as Oblivion, so I'm used to it.

The graphics look great on my 1080p TV, though the PC version looks far superior.

I've ran into a few bugs as well, nothing too serious (luckily, I haven't had any trouble with glitches stopping me from completing side quests, but I do know they can happen in some depending on a certain course of action). I've had it crash/freeze on me like a dozen times though, but it ain't so bad when you consider I've spent nearly 120 hours in it and definitely not enough to detract me from playing it. Plus, I save all the time. My save file number is like 1800+ already and I always keep like 3 main save files along with a few more from certain parts of the game should I wish to do something a different way to see how it plays out (like the Power of the Atom quest, I have a save file before I did that early, just in case I feel like blowing up that shithole).
Walter also killed himself (plus Lucas Simms) in my game. Well, he mysteriously disappeared and I hear they fall off of high places in Megaton. Selling Scrap Metal to Protector Casdin or Winthrop just isn't the same...
The graphics are definitely not as good as some other titles out there, but I didnt think they were bad by any means. Animations like running or falling from high places look kinda retarded, but that's rarely a problem since I only play in 1st person. Sometimes it feels more like it was funny rather than actually thinking the animation was lame.

I thought ammo was just fine. It is hard at first, but soon it stops being a problem. Collect stuff, sell it, look everywhere and both ammo and stimpacks wont be a problem. I have over 200 stimpacks and that's mostly from just exploring. I also have over 12000 bottle caps right now, ammo isn't a problem anymore, even .44 and .308 rounds which I use the most, since Lincoln's Repeater and the Sniper are great, have been increasing in number in my inventory.
It also depends on where you travel and your level at the time. While nearly all the wasteland is accessible once you leave Vault 101, you shouldn't go exploring too far off so you don't end up stumbling into places like Old Olney or areas infested by Super Mutants like The Mall in DC early on. When I got out of Vault 101, instead of going straight into Megaton, I started exploring and ended up in Fairfax ruins (during night btw). Stepped on mines and took a direct hit from a Missile Launcher from the Raiders, that got me crippled badly and low on health and I just barely made it out of there and it wasn't even a hard place a few levels later.
Getting a safe place to store your stuff and heal yourself should also be a priority early on, so take the Power of the Atom quest as soon as you can.
Stats wise, get perks like Educated and Comprehension early on, look for skill books (assuming you have Comprehension, that's a +50 if you find all 25 books for every skill), get the bobbleheads, don't waste points while leveling up if you can get enough from said bobbleheads/books/clothing, DO NOT pick perks like Swift Learner or Here and Now (you level up quickly enough as it is in this game), etc... Without huge planning of point allocation, I was still able to get 100 on Big Guns/Energy Weapons/Small Guns/Medicine/Repair(clothing) along with over 50 in Barter/Lockpick, over 75 in Science (clothes), nearly 50 for Unarmed/Sneak (I don't use the first and you can always pop a Stealth Boy if you need sneak that much close to foes, without one, it's not hard to sneak from afar to get sneak attack criticals (hint)) just lower for Explosives which are already powerful enough anyways and melee which I rarely ever use other than for the awesome Shishkebab lol

Later on, you'll be wishing the game was harder. Even large groups of Deathclaws will fall like flies before you (yes, even without the dart gun)...

Here's some incentive against Deathclaws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3_iuir-9Xk - listen to the heavy breathing and footsteps. awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaCHzKR5bc

lol
I'm saving 99 for when I party I thought I might share this with you all.

[Image: 08-12-25181845.png]
Runescape was fun circa 06 but now Jagex has dumbed the game down so much that 5 Year Olds are on par with Older users.
(Dec. 26, 2008  3:01 PM)Sega Wrote: Runescape was fun circa 06 but now Jagex has dumbed the game down so much that 5 Year Olds are on par with Older users.

This is why I love the forums. All the younger kids get temp bans for thinking caps lock is cool.

I also have yet to see a 5 year old that has the patience to level a skill to 99 tbh... but I do agree, it was better before. Actually it was better when it looked like this:

[Image: 08-12-26151420.png]

LOL my account from runescape classic. =]
Damn still got an RS Classic account :o

I used to love Pking on the game, making Mage and Range pures was heaps of fun, just waiting on the horizon of the Wilderness just waiting for people to walk by, alot of fun back then. I had a Members account aswell to help me fund the PKing fun, had tons of money to provide me Food, Runes, Arrows ect..

I stopped playing when they added in that gap in the Wildy, it started getting annoying when people would just run right next to the border when they were close to dying, and in some scenarios there would be points where I'd get a clean hit but there would be a glitch where if you ran near the border it would go away.
(Dec. 26, 2008  4:33 PM)Sega Wrote: Damn still got an RS Classic account :o

I use it for the random saturday PKing, free trading and stuff. There's a lot of bots on it though. =/
(Dec. 26, 2008  6:56 PM)Sam Wrote: i carp love fallout 3

get xbox live dude
so my uncle says its fine if i get a wireless adaptor and use that to get on xbox live

got some gift cards for eb games and stuff from some people for christmas so ill use those to buy one
So after reading about Fallout 3 in this thread, I dont think it would get my GOTY.
I watched a friend play it and while I would probably enjoy it immensely, I think the title should go to GTA4.
That game, looking back at it, was such a step up in the series, and while everyone complained about it being 'not as fun', for removing all of the fun weapons like chainsaws and jetpacks, I completely loved it for what it was.
Although I forgot about it once I beat it, it gets my GOTY.
I also enjoyed the online, even if it could have been improved a lot.

Second goes to Burnout Paradise/Fable II
Farcry 2 gets third

and castle crashers deserves being mentioned too.

Unsmith