5.08%
The World Ends With You
1.69%
Persona 4
1.69%
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
18.64%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
I realize we already have a thread similar to this, but I thought that now that almost all of the year's major releases are out (minus Prince of Persia), now would be an appropriate time to get the discussion going again.

So what's it going to be guys? Fallout 3? Gears 2? Resistance 2? LittleBigPlanet?

Vote above. If your choice isn't in the poll post here and I'll get it up there for you.

Personally, Mirror's Edge is my GOTY, despite the fact it can be incredibly frustrating at times. Its still an amazing game and a total breath of fresh air for gaming. Not to mention it always keeps me coming back because the first person platforming never gets old. There's also Faith, who is really just a bad carp character. But I'm sure no one is surprised by my choice. lol
uh maybe we should wait until the year is over
Look at the release lists. There's nothing else coming out after Prince of Persia that could have a shot at being GOTY, and that comes out on December 2nd. lol
(Nov. 19, 2008  7:41 AM)Roan Wrote: Look at the release lists. There's nothing else coming out after Prince of Persia that could have a shot at being GOTY, and that comes out on December 2nd. lol

prince of persia is important

also wii music
Well its not like I'm ending this poll anytime soon. Once Prince of Persia releases I'll add that in.

EDIT: Never mind, PoP is in the poll now, along with Dead Space and Far Cry 2.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The World Ends With You should be added, I think.

I'll wait until the end of the year before I vote.
(Nov. 19, 2008  1:24 PM)Kei Wrote: Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The World Ends With You should be added, I think.

I'll wait until the end of the year before I vote.

lol
SSBB I can see being added.

TWEWY, however...
Goku could have starred in a blockbuster video game that got outstanding 10s everywhere, but to me, I have never had as much joy playing a video game as I did with LittleBigPlanet. It's my game of the year, and my favourite game ever played by yours truly.
not sure what to vote for

know what to NOT vote for: MGS4, GTAIV, SSBB, Wii games
(Nov. 19, 2008  8:19 PM)Roan Wrote: TWEWY, however...

You didn't enjoy it? One of the, if not the best best DS game I have ever played.
Not saying it was or wasn't good (I never played it), I'm just saying I don't really think it qualifies as GOTY material. But I suppose if enough people want it up there I'll put it up.
MGS4
i didnt really mind that it had more cutscenes than gameplay, i still really enjoyed playing it
I voted for MG. I thought it was an all out blockbuster and yea it was much grander than I expected. act 4 was fan-service to a degree but it was so so great. and however broken it may be i was surprised to find MGO on the disc hahaha.

I'd like to honorable mentions to LBP and Mirrors Edge for being so innovative.

Roan, you may want to add Left 4 Dead to the list. Sounds really good..
Oh carp I totally forgot about L4D lmao
where is ssbb Unhappy
man u gotto put some wii titles here
anyway i think gta4 is the best
(Nov. 21, 2008  6:51 AM)pegasis Wrote: where is ssbb Unhappy
man u gotto put some wii titles here

which ones, aside from SSBB, deserve to be up there
mmmmmmm...i think NO MORE HEROES and PES2008 and maybe MARIOKART Wii
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:02 AM)pegasis Wrote: mmmmmmm...i think NO MORE HEROES and PES2008 and maybe MARIOKART Wii

get out

none of those games even approach GOTY material
no more heroes got 9 nad its really good! and pes got 8.5 better than both pes ps3 and pesx box
and mariokart is fun
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:06 AM)pegasis Wrote: no more heroes got 9 nad its really good! and pes got 8.5 better than both pes ps3 and pesx box
and mariokart is fun
__________/
[Image: avatar_521.gif]