5.08%
The World Ends With You
1.69%
Persona 4
1.69%
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
18.64%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
I'm retracting my vote. Mirror's Edge is a close second but I'm honestly not kidding when I say that I'd rather give my vote to Rez HD or Burnout Paradise, the only two games that didn't completely carp in my mouth this year.
(Nov. 19, 2008  7:41 AM)Roan Wrote: Look at the release lists. There's nothing else coming out after Prince of Persia that could have a shot at being GOTY, and that comes out on December 2nd. lol

Old post but... lolwat. Persona 4 duder. Unless you're not counting PS2 games. Which is dumb, imo.

Not gonna lie, P4 is easily the best game I've played all year.
(Dec. 26, 2008  2:39 AM)Carina Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2008  7:41 AM)Roan Wrote: Look at the release lists. There's nothing else coming out after Prince of Persia that could have a shot at being GOTY, and that comes out on December 2nd. lol

Old post but... lolwat. Persona 4 duder. Unless you're not counting PS2 games. Which is dumb, imo.

Not gonna lie, P4 is easily the best game I've played all year.

No I wasn't discounting PS2 games, I just forgot about it coming out.
well my vote went to GTA4

..this was a really solid year for games Smile
No More Heroes it first game on Wii isn't kiddy and it mature, it set tone for other games for Wii like Madworld or the conduit. Travis touchdown is idol of mine.
I'd say Super Smash Bros Brawl. Although prince of Persia is good.
probably would have voted Mario Kart Wii.
i wanna revote,thats not fair,smash wasnt there when i voted!!!Unhappy
Okay, so it is finally the new year. I couldn't decide what my GOTY was, but here are my top three picks:

Mirror's Edge
The World Ends With You
Megaman 9

No More Heroes is a close fourth, but it was just so cool to see a game like Megaman 9 released. Both Mirror's Edge and TWEWY are tied for my GOTY.
final fantasy ix
Even though I've already voted for Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3 has usurped it for my Game of the Year.

Mirror's Edge is still a damn close second though.
i donno why every one like the world ends with you,i played it last week and it was ok,but not that good!!!
Super Smash Bros Brawl for sure. I've never been so addicted to ANYTHING.
MGS4 for sure.
my top 3: gears of war 2, fallout 3, and prob grand theft auto iv
My top 3:

1. Fallout 3
2. Mirror's Edge
3. GoW 2
Oh snap...I've only played Grand Theft Auto on that list. I must be missing out on a ton of great games.

All I've heard lately is Persona this and Persona that so that baby is next on my list of games to buy.
hmm...I WANTED to play most of these games but the only one that I've actually played from here is SSBB. Rock Band 2, T.T I want to play Mirror's Edge though...and Fable II but I haven't gotten to play them yet T.T So I'll be voting for SSBB
(Jan. 06, 2009  8:22 PM)Roan Wrote: My top 3:

1. Fallout 3
2. Mirror's Edge
3. GoW 2

Lol weren't you like Fallout sucks at first?
Read further back in the thread, I've already addressed that.
Top 5:
Fallout 3
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
World of Goo
Mega Man 9
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Didn't Left 4 Dead come out in 2008? If so that needs to be on there. Amazing game.
OK! 1st of all MGS4 wins hands down if u don't agree u didn't play it PERIOD!

I had never even played a MGS game until MGS4 (It came with my ps3 through the bundle)