The World Ends With You
1.69%
Persona 4
1.69%
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
18.64%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
and i forgot (rayman raving rabidds,A GAME U CAN PLAY WITH UR BUTT) rofl
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:22 AM)pegasis Wrote: and i forgot (rayman raving rabidds,A GAME U CAN PLAY WITH UR BUTT) rofl
__/
Andrew
I WISH Persona 4 could get it for GOTY, but I believe it'll get it for RPG IF Fallout(is that an RPG?) doesn't.

I have the Japanese Version and it's OWNAGE!
(Nov. 21, 2008  8:38 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: but I believe it'll get it for RPG IF Fallout(is that an RPG?) doesn't.

Are you serious? Of course Fallout 3 is an RPG. Just because it doesn't have angsty Japanese teenagers with spiky hair that shoot themselves in the head doesn't mean it isn't an RPG.
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:06 AM)pegasis Wrote: no more heroes got 9 nad its really good! and pes got 8.5 better than both pes ps3 and pesx box
and mariokart is fun

LOL
Where's Chrono Trigger DS? Or does that even count seeing as its a remake?
I can't pick because I've only played a few games off the list.
Right now it would be awarded to Far Cry 2 (which was unbelievably under-appreciated..wow)
But despite how much I enjoyed it, I want to hold off until I play Fable 2 and Fall Out 3.
(Nov. 22, 2008  7:50 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: Where's Chrono Trigger DS? Or does that even count seeing as its a remake?

Oh, I forgot about that. I will definitely be picking that up. Never played the original, so who knows, that could be my GOTY.
(Nov. 22, 2008  7:50 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: Where's Chrono Trigger DS? Or does that even count seeing as its a remake?

It's not a remake, it's like an enhanced port.

Alone In The Dark (Wii)
I put Rock Band 2 up there, its only fair.
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:06 AM)pegasis Wrote: no more heroes got 9 nad its really good! and pes got 8.5 better than both pes ps3 and pesx box
and mariokart is fun

You're going to think Sonic Unleashed and The Conduit are the best games ever, aren't you?

I don't think it would be fair for a port to be game of the year. It's a great game all the same.
(Nov. 21, 2008  7:22 AM)pegasis Wrote: and i forgot (rayman raving rabidds,A GAME U CAN PLAY WITH UR BUTT) rofl

i just saw this post
im carp speechless

ps rayman: rr came out in 2007
(Nov. 23, 2008  12:25 AM)SK Wrote:

i just saw this post
im carp speechless

ps rayman: rr came out in 2007

I think he means the new one that got a spread in a recent Future Shop flyer.
The World Ends With You is currently my GOTY. So i'd like to see it up, seeing as we have a distinct lack of portable games up there.
(Dec. 03, 2008  2:06 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: WHERE THE HELL IS SPORE??????

banished to the depths of mediocrity
(Nov. 20, 2008  6:17 AM)Roan Wrote: Not saying it was or wasn't good (I never played it), I'm just saying I don't really think it qualifies as GOTY material. But I suppose if enough people want it up there I'll put it up.

Why not? It's not any less of a game than most of the games up there, and it's certainly more of a game than GTA IV.

It has:
-An amazing plot. The plot will make you think the story's going one way, then take a complete twist in a single scene. It keeps you hooked until the end, and then some.

-Lively characters. Neku isn't like most video game protagonists at the start of WEWY--he hates people, is sarcastic, and is fairly selfish. As the story progresses, his character becomes very dynamic and he eventually learns to get along with others and love the world he lives in. Shiki, Beat, and Joshua all have distinct personalities, fighting methods, and goals, which, besides adding depth to the story, shows Neku's emotional and mental growth as he's paired with each subsequent person on each subsequent week.

-ACTUAL STYLE. One of the biggest influences on the game is popular culture--especially music. The songs on the soundtrack offer a wide amount of varieties. The character designs (especially for clothing) are based off of both the characters themselves and the setting around them. Fashion and Trends play big roles in the game, as well.

-Loads of Replay value. "Another Day" is a hilarious post-game story that mimics the Beyblade anime ("Tin Pin Slammer" was originally called "Beybadge"). It offers another side of the character's personality, despite the characters themselves not physically differing from their main game versions. In addition, there are special missions that can be completed upon returning to each individual Day, and hidden Secret Reports can be found which explain bits of the storyline.

So It should be put up.
(Dec. 04, 2008  1:11 AM)Grey Wrote: -Lively characters. Neku isn't like most video game protagonists at the start of WEWY--he hates people, is sarcastic, and is fairly selfish.

sounds like most square-enix characters
(Dec. 04, 2008  1:11 AM)Grey Wrote: Why not? It's not any less of a game than most of the games up there, and it's certainly more of a game than GTA IV.

hey now Serious

GTA4 is probably in my top 3.
I think its laughable you find TWETY more of a game than GTA IV.

Seriously. I laughed when I read that. Hard.
it's a carp handheld game made by SE for the DS

handheld game made by SE for the DS

game made by SE for the DS

for the DS

DS
LOL

Pretty much my sentiments. I don't doubt its a good game, but well... Compared to the other games in the list I don't think it stacks up.
You need to put up that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix up there dude. carp is beastly.
(Dec. 04, 2008  5:35 AM)Baronrana Wrote: You need to put up that Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix up there dude. carp is beastly.

remakes aren't eligible for obvious reasons