Game Boy Advance SP

(Nov. 27, 2008  6:07 PM)savatoex Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  5:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  5:45 AM)savatoex Wrote: Sp was pretty epic kinda weird shape for being a handheld when yo think about it.

how so

1 square when closed 2 squares when open, compared to other handhelds the sp is unique like that btw I cant stand playing the old sp after using the new one, the old back light was bad compared to the new one but its got one thing on the new one, its easier playing outside since the screen shuts off where as the new one just gets brighter.

flip phones must be amazing technology to you
Why is this titled "SP" when you just listed GBA games? I love my Gameboy micro more than any handheld I've ever owned. =]

Anyways, despite it being "a lame pokemon spinoff" I thought Pokémon Pinball Ruby + Sapphire was good along with Sonic Advance 1 and 2 (didn't like three). Joyful_3

EDIT: LOL brad. xD

I still think the micro has been the best handheld due to it being so small you don't need massive pockets to fit it or have to carry it in your bag. It's just there when you need it with a good choice of games because GBA has been out ages. =D
(Nov. 28, 2008  5:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  6:07 PM)savatoex Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  5:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  5:45 AM)savatoex Wrote: Sp was pretty epic kinda weird shape for being a handheld when yo think about it.

how so

1 square when closed 2 squares when open, compared to other handhelds the sp is unique like that btw I cant stand playing the old sp after using the new one, the old back light was bad compared to the new one but its got one thing on the new one, its easier playing outside since the screen shuts off where as the new one just gets brighter.

flip phones must be amazing technology to you

flip phones arent hand held game systems, though they can play games their PHONES and I was talking about the shape of the sp compared to otheres handheld aswell as the difference between the old sp and the newer one.
Yes, because hand held systems made out of two squares is SO amazing and original!!!
(Nov. 29, 2008  5:51 PM)B Wrote: Yes, because hand held systems made out of two squares is SO amazing and original!!!

what other systems looked like the sp back then? i dont remeber any and why do u guys keep scolding bout saying that eh?
read the post above the one u just posted
that was wierd, i didn't see anything before you posted.

anyway!, Because its 2 of the same shapes stacked up on eachother! Maybe it would be new and crazy if it was a gyroscope or some other crazy thing but it's not. It's 2 squares, a screen, and a few buttons.
I guess... back on topic: I found it was akward to play cuz my fingers felt odd on the triggers and not too much finger room anywere else but the sp was good, legend of zelda 4 swords was soo fun used to play every time i went to my frnds house
I'm assuming you're talking about the gamecube four swords because the GBA one was pretty lame. There was no prize for who collected the most rupees. =S
I loved the gba one but thats a matter of opinion. damn i should of kept my sp since i cant play regular game boy games on ds like diddy kongs quest and bionic commando
lol Nintendo created a Game & Watch in the 80s that was flip screened, it also had two screens... So revolutionary!
i forgot all about the game and watch series i wonder were u can buy them now... btw quit makin fun off wat i said geez guys
we're not making fun of you. We're just saying that the sp looks like everything else by nintendo, squares and rectangles
really the GBA 'shape talk' is getting annoying.
(Dec. 01, 2008  12:49 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: really the GBA 'shape talk' is getting annoying.

you're only saying this because nobody agrees with you

two squares = one rectangle. the shape is the same as all the previous handhelds, they just cut it in half so you could open and close it.
I never owned a micro but my friend had one! That thing was awesome!
People don't like the GBA SP? I love it. Grin Though I don't actually own one......I use my DS now. Still, fave GBA games at the moment are:
Harvest Moon: FOMT
Pokémon Fire Red
Beyblade V-Force (thought I'd replay it)

And thinking back, The Urbz was pretty good. You could put a lot of time into it.

Pikachao: Pokémon Pinball Ruby + Sapphire is epic. Grin
I loved the SP, my favourite handheld console.
Though my DS is now my pride and joy since I got it in Ice blue while it was still in Japan.

Though I still think Me and Dreamborn have gotten mixed up on colours XD
He has pink and I have blue.
Should be the other way round.

I loved Pokemon sapphire, completed it in 3 days XD
I only had a regular GBA. Woe is me...

Then I got a DS lite.

If my DS lite wasn't broken to bits I would want my money back.
(Dec. 02, 2008  12:28 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: hey brad im not savatoex im utsav, ok?

...ok?
I like the Game Boy SP, but one of the stupidest things they left out was a head phone port. I couldn't listen to my games in the car because of all the noise, so I'd just turn off the sounds, and I couldn't listen to the wonderful Pokemon Ruby soundtrack. If the predecessor had a head phone port, why couldn't this one? At least they put one in the Nintendo DS, but overall it made me pretty angry they didn't do that in the first place.

The best games for Game Boy Advance are the Pokemon games. I own Ruby and Leafgreen (as far as GBA games go), and I've played 139 hours on the Ruby. Before diamond and pearl, I think Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are probably the best Pokemon games out there anyways.
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:10 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: If the predecessor had a head phone port, why couldn't this one?

Because Nin10doh is a money hungry, Japanese-centered company, and they want you to buy a $10 cable just so you could insert headphones. Wink
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:15 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2008  8:10 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: If the predecessor had a head phone port, why couldn't this one?

Because Nin10doh is a money hungry, Japanese-centered company, and they want you to buy a $10 cable just so you could insert headphones. Wink

Lol...corporate fatties