Gaia Dragoon Draft

Attack Ring- Great Dragon
This purple Attack Ring depicts two large dragon heads. It also is capable of holding a Sub-Attack Ring. It comes with a clear yellow version of the wing S-AR. The main Attack Ring is known for having Breakage issues in Right Spin, and suffers unavoidable recoil. Great Dragon is compatible with all Sub Attack Rings, except Screw Zeus. The two do not fit properly, thus is banned from competitive play. This means there is little to no use for this Attack Ring.

Weight Disk- Heavy Attack
Heavy Attack is a part of the Heavy Series of Weight Disks. It is shaped like a hexagon, much like "6" Heavy, but has circular notches on each vertex. While this is supposed to give more Attack power to the weight disk, it is highly unlikely this Weight Disk will ever make contact with an opponent. Due to lighter weight of Heavy Attack, 10 Heavy is a superior choice in compact customizations. This Weight Disk is only a good option for those who do not own a better Heavy Series WD.

Spin Gear- Right Spin Gear (G Ball)
This SG has the normal casings around it, but the main core is a unique version that only works with Gaia Dragoon G Special Base. It contains a single metal ball, and 4 square shapes used to hold the ball bearings in place, inside the base. Since it does not work with any other Base, this Spin Gear is only useful for another pair of Right Spin casings.

Blade Base- Gaia Dragoon G Special Base
This Blade Base contains 4 metal balls. The Spin Gear's core hold the balls down inside of the Base. The tip is a translucent yellow flat tip. This Base has poor stability due to the protrusions on the base that hold the ball bearings. Due to its lack of high speed movement and scraping issues, this base should never be considered for competitive play.

Overall-
Gaia Dragoon, while an interesting release; does not contain any competitively useful parts. It should only be bought for collective purposes.
Updated the draft slightly.
I got the names of parts from youtube user PourS0meSugarONme, and I'm not sure as to what the parts are called.
The base's name confuses me. @[Ultra], @[~Stoney~] could you confirm these part names are correct?
Those are the part names on Beywiki, so I'm gonna assume they are correct.
bad quality
Nice. Just one thing: You could state a little more clearly that all other SAR´s besides SZ do fit. I know, that´s practically what "SZ doesn´t fit" means, but to make it foolproof it could be "SZ is the only SAR that doesn´t" or something like that.
Once your article is done, I´ll add some recolor pics that have already been approved by Kai-V.
(Dec. 15, 2015  6:37 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Nice. Just one thing: You could state a little more clearly that all other SAR´s besides SZ do fit. I know, that´s practically what "SZ doesn´t fit" means, but to make it foolproof it could be "SZ is the only SAR that doesn´t" or something like that.
Once your article is done, I´ll add some recolor pics that have already been approved by Kai-V.

Updated it.
I think it's done, now.
Thanks for the recolor pictures!
I'll take proper pictures of mine tonight.
GAIA DRAGOON
Back
AR+S-AR
AR
S-AR
Spin Gear (Top)
Spin Gear (Bottom)
Spin Gear (Core)
Blade Base (Top)
Blade Base (Bottom)
Blade Base (Side)
Tip
SG Core holding down Ball Bearings
@[~Stoney~] can you post the recolors?
Man those photographs are great. A big drop shadow, but at least everything is clear and the background is quite light.
I think the draft is complete.
Does anyone have anything else to critique or add to?
(Dec. 16, 2015  6:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Man those photographs are great. A big drop shadow, but at least everything is clear and the background is quite light.
Thanks, Kai-V.
(Dec. 16, 2015  6:13 AM)Neo Wrote: GAIA DRAGOON
Back
AR+S-AR
AR
S-AR
Spin Gear (Top)
Spin Gear (Bottom)
Spin Gear (Core)
Blade Base (Top)
Blade Base (Bottom)
Blade Base (Side)
Tip
SG Core holding down Ball Bearings
@[~Stoney~] can you post the recolors?

I'm not at home at the moment, so unfortunately no. But that's ok, I'll add them directly to the wiki once the article is published, along with many other recolor pics (in fact, 933...).
Is this good enough to be published?

@[~Stoney~], home yet? No rush, I'm sure they can be added later.
Hm, I corrected a few things and added slightly more comments and questions than I had thought at first, hah.

(Dec. 06, 2015  12:50 AM)Neo Wrote: Attack Ring- Great Dragon
This purple Attack Ring depicts two large protruding dragon heads on opposite sides, forming an overall oval shape. It also is capable of holding a Sub-Attack Ring. It comes with a clear yellow version of the wing S-AR. The main Attack Ring is known for having breakage issues in Right Spin, and suffers unavoidable recoil (Because of what ? I think this could be elaborated more.). Great Dragon is compatible with all Sub Attack Rings, except Screw Zeus. The two do not fit properly, thus this combination is banned from competitive play. This means there is little to no use for this Attack Ring. (I would mention how the combination with Screw Zeus' Sub Attack Ring was actually top-tier, and why.)

Heavy Attack is a part of the Heavy Series of Weight Disks. It is shaped like a hexagon, much like Six Heavy, but has circular notches on each vertex. While this is supposed to give more Attack power to the Weight Disk, it is highly unlikely this Weight Disk will ever make contact with an opponent. Due to the lighter weight of Heavy Attack, Ten Heavy is a superior choice in Compact customizations. (and in no other type of customization ? Also, the lack of notches is a second reason to use Ten Heavy that should be mentioned) This Weight Disk is only a good option for those who do not own a better Heavy Series WD.

Right Spin Gear (G Ball) has the normal casings around it, but the main core is a unique version that only works with Gaia Dragoon G Special Base. It contains a single metal ball, and 4 square shapes used to hold the ball bearings in place, inside the base. Since it does not work with any other Base, this Spin Gear is only useful for another pair of Right Spin casings. (How is it useful, and why, in what situations ?)

This Blade Base contains 4 metal balls. The Spin Gear's core hold the balls down inside of the Base. The tip is a translucent yellow flat tip. This Base has poor stability due to the protrusions on the Base that hold the ball bearings. Due to its lack of high speed movement and scraping issues, Gia Dragoon G Special Base should never be considered for any type of customization in competitive play.

Overall-
Gaia Dragoon, while an interesting release, does not contain any competitively useful parts. It should only be bought for collective purposes.
Thanks for reminding me of one of the weirdest Blade Bases ever!
(Dec. 22, 2015  5:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, I corrected a few things and added slightly more comments and questions than I had thought at first, hah.
Alright edited it. About the spin gear; I meant it was only useful for the right spin casings, but that was irrelevant info anyways. Added Defense OHKO as a Heavy WD option.
Should be good.
@[Kai-V]?
(Dec. 06, 2015  12:50 AM)Neo Wrote: Attack Ring- Great Dragon
This purple Attack Ring depicts two large protruding dragon heads on opposite sides, forming an overall oval shape. It also is capable of holding a Sub-Attack Ring. It comes with a clear yellow version of the wing S-AR. Due to how thin the Attack Ring is it breakage issues, and suffers unavoidable recoil due to how far the dragon heads stick out. Great Dragon is compatible with all Sub Attack Rings, except for Screw Zeus. The two do not fit properly, thus this combination is banned from competitive play. This would have given it competitive use, but one of the compatible Attack Rings that Screw Zeus has, Dragon Saucer, would have outclassed it due to weight. This means there is little to no use for this Attack Ring.

Heavy Attack is a part of the Heavy Series of Weight Disks. It is shaped like a hexagon, much like Six Heavy, but has circular notches on each vertex. While this is supposed to give more Attack power to the Beyblade, it is highly unlikely this Weight Disk will ever make contact with an opponent due to how small the Weight Disk is. Since Heavy Attack is lighter, and doesn't offer any helpful Attack, Ten Heavy is a superior choice in Defense, Compact, and One-Hit-KO combinations. This Weight Disk is only useful for those who do not own a better Weight Disk from the Heavy Series.

Right Spin Gear (G Ball) has the normal casings around it, but the main core is a unique version that only works with Gaia Dragoon G Special Base. It contains a single metal ball, and 4 square shapes used to hold the ball bearings in place, inside the base. Since it does not work with any other Base, this Spin Gear has no use in competitive play.

This Blade Base contains 4 metal balls. The Spin Gear's G Ball core hold the balls down inside of the Base. The tip is a translucent yellow flat tip. This Base has poor stability due to the protrusions on the Base that hold the ball bearings. Due to its lack of high speed movement and scraping issues, Gaia Dragoon G Special Base should never be considered for any type of customization in competitive play.

Overall-
Gaia Dragoon, while an interesting release, does not contain any competitively useful parts. It should only be bought for collective purposes.

(Dec. 22, 2015  5:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Thanks for reminding me of one of the weirdest Blade Bases ever!

It's pretty odd, haha.
Alright, then I think this is good to be published. Make sure to put the part descriptions in separate part-specific articles though and just import them in the full-Beyblade Gaia Dragoon article. The name "Gaia Dragoon" is probably already reserved for the Holy Beast though, so try "Gaia Dragoon (Beyblade)", hopefully ... If it is Gaia Dragoon V, we will probably have to change that.
You forgot the other versions of which there are four. Also the S-AR is definitely orange not yellow.
(Dec. 29, 2015  9:36 AM)Ultra Wrote: You forgot the other versions of which there are four. Also the S-AR is definitely orange not yellow.

Yellow, red, black and metallic blue, right?
Uhm, I see that as a yellow SAR as well, actually.
Well, this isn't:

The image on the box also looks definitely yellow to me.
Um that's still far more orange than yellow. Also what box? Gaia Dragoon's box doesn't have an imagery on it.
It's a corocoro box.
I don't have one.
Yellow to me, at least. Depends on lighting.
@[Ultra]
Where is the red version from??
I'm looking at the actual beyblade and it's clearly orange and not yellow at all. @[Kai-V] The box comment was to Stoney. The red one is event limited or something. Just use the recolor site.
It seems like yellowish orange to me, lol. I would say you are both right
I am going to have to say that it is light orange. If I remember correctly, that design was based on a drawing contest in CoroCoro, so it would clarify everything if we could find that original contest winner's entry from CoroCoro. However, according to this card that shows what Daichi uses, it was definitely meant to be orange : http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/tmXSr
All right, gotcha. I can see it to be kinda orange; but it looked yellow to me and the fact that the actual beast is yellow doesn't help out too much
I'll edit it.

Done.