37.50%
Other (Please post)
12.50%
Total: 100% 16 vote(s)
Who are we?
We are a GFXing team, based on the WBO

Who is a part of this team?

-Taj12
A GFXer who started a few months ago. His preferred style is smudge and is the leader of this team. He is getting closer to master lighting and blending.

-Xlr8
An exceptional GFXer with skills in all sorts of areas, such as animations, rendering and makes great tags. He has a huge pack of excellent self-made renders.

-Medz
Another extremely talented member who adapts his style to the type of work he does. All of his works have exceptional quality and work put into them.

What do we do?
We battle other members and teams, but also CnC any sigs put on this thread and are at the moment creating a large resource pack.

Our userbar:
[Image: zui2a9.png]
or
[Image: bhj76s.png]

Only mebers are allowed to use these!

Code:
Userbar code:
[url=http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-GFX-Team-Immense-GraFX-%E2%84%A2][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/zui2a9.png[/IMG][/url]
or
[url=http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-GFX-Team-Immense-GraFX-%E2%84%A2][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/bhj76s.png[/img][/url]

Can i join
Time spent GFXing: 5-6 months
Program used: gimp/photoshop
Best three works: [Image: GigaPegasus.gif] [Image: 2lblzm9.gif] [Image: 54zq60.gif]
Preferred Style(s): Animation And Anime Sometimes Smudge
Anything else (Optional):Well I Know Im Not The Bwest GFX'er but i am willing to learn if you are willing to tech
I'll see, depending on who else signs up. I also forgot to make it clear, by style I meant smudge or vectoring or something. the first one is fine but the anime one doesn't count.
I Was Sayying The Anime Animation Is My Fav Animation
I would apply here!

Time Spent GFXing: 3 and half months

program used: Adobe Photoshop cs4

[Image: grpib.png]

[Image: batmanbattle.png]

[Image: dbzs.png][/URL]

Prefered Style : Vector and sometimes smudge

Ok. Xlr8 is in and I thought of a new name, 'Immense GraFX'. Anyone like?
Now, with some feed back:

@BEYBOOST and Fathom:
Your renders are way to stretched, either too thick or too thin.
To fix this, press Control+T. This is free transform.
Hold the shift button and drag a corner inwards or outwards. Holding shift keeps it locked so the ratio is almost the same.

Another problem is lighting. Use a proper light source.
First, make a new layer and click with a 250p soft brush where you want your light source to come from.
Set blending mode to linear dodge. Use a different colour to white, something that matches your main colour scheme.
Go Filter>Render>Lighting effects. From the light type drop down menu, select omni. keep the default settings and move the circle into the centre of your brush mark. Click ok.
Use layer>New adjustment layer>Curves. Mess around till you get good lighting.
Now, select the burn and dodge tool to fix up any last problems.

Also, use C4D's to add dimension to your tag.

Refer to my current sig for help or PM me questions

Overall you guys are really similar I suggest you join www.guildinn.com. Its a great site thats brought me to where i am today.
yes mates go to guild inn it's a nice site some people who u might have heard, glass [for tuts], adnan [for renders] and stinky666[for c4d] are member of that site they have very great and in depth tuts their or u can join gfx forums it's a great site too of whom i m a member of the people threr r very helping and nice they give very nice constructive critisizm and they also have some great tuts and resource pack.
Time spent GFXing: Started years ago, only got back into it a few months ago
Program used: Photoshop CS3

Best three works:
1. Can I PM you this? I can't make it public yet.

2. http://i52.tinypic.com/2qlse4g.png

3. http://i51.tinypic.com/jt3nvc.png

Preferred Style: I prefer to adapt the way I create my graphics with the current trends in the community. So no preferred styles in particular.

Anything else: Seems like a really good team, Keen to joining you guys. Also, some team names I thought of:

Optic GFX
Recon Graphics
Neon Designs
Proto FX
Creative Pulse GFX
Nooooo! Darn you Medz, I was going to join. Well, if you ever need a fourth person, PM me.

(Oct. 16, 2011  4:37 PM)Sparta Wrote: Nooooo! Darn you Medz, I was going to join. Well, if you ever need a fourth person, PM me.

Did they pick yet?

(Oct. 16, 2011  3:11 PM)Medz Wrote: Time spent GFXing: Started years ago, only got back into it a few months ago
Program used: Photoshop CS3

Best three works:
1. Can I PM you this? I can't make it public yet.

2. http://i52.tinypic.com/2qlse4g.png

3. http://i51.tinypic.com/jt3nvc.png

Preferred Style: I prefer to adapt the way I create my graphics with the current trends in the community. So no preferred styles in particular.

Anything else: Seems like a really good team, Keen to joining you guys. Also, some team names I thought of:

Optic GFX
Recon Graphics
Neon Designs
Proto FX
Creative Pulse GFX
I like the second name. And yeah PM me number one.
(Oct. 16, 2011  4:37 PM)Sparta Wrote: Nooooo! Darn you Medz, I was going to join. Well, if you ever need a fourth person, PM me.
Its not to late to apply. We'll be having a team vote as to decide who should join.
(Sorry, for double post, but this is big!)
Okay, guys. We have talked and discussed and it came down to Medz. Congrats dude!
Sorry, Fathom and BEYBOOST. Hope you have good luck joining another team, but before you leave, a bit of feedback.

@BEYBOOST: You've been at the GFX scene for a while, and you have seen great works from the GFX masters. Try to pickup what they have done. If you are unsure about something, google it or ask on the General GFX thread. Upload your tags for CnC on the GFX thread as well and we'll all help you improve. Also follow my tips I posted in this thread and you could come a long way. Once,again, I urge you to join Guildinn.

@Fathom: When i first started, I was worse than you, but still you to have a lot of room for improvement. Follow the same things I said above to BEYBOOST and you'll get better soon aswell.
Sorry for triple post, but yet another update. (Can some one merge these three posts please?)

Team name= Immense GraFX (Unless otherwise)

Tasks:
  • All of us are to design a banner with the focal being the team name. We will then make a battle thread and stock up on votes. Size is to be 650 pixels by 400 pixels
  • Upload all of your decent works, in PSD format, to megaupload. Also include any tuts you made and any C4D. Credit who ever made the c4d's.
    All files are need to have a title that describes what it is i.e. a batman sig should be named batman.
    Everything is to be organised in folders, i.e c4ds are in the c4d folder, your tags in the tags folder with your username in it aswell, etc
    I will then download what you guys have put up, merge all our combined files and create the ultimate resource pack.
  • I'm also gonna make a fancy OP once the banner is done.

Fancy OP and User bar complete.
@ the team: If you don't like the userbar, please design a different on and we'll add it to the OP.
Here's the code.
[Image: zui2a9.png]
taj just add a border to the user bar it's simple and appealing to and i recommend we should create a new thread for the team and get this one deleted till now it's full of some posts which we will not being needed in future
Thanks for the tip Xlr8 and Medz, I'll add that to the OP. And I might just ask a mod to delete all these posts, so we don't waste our time making a new thread.
I made this when I was bored:

[Image: 2b15rc.png]

What do you guys think?
It looks too crowded to me. And you kind of lose the focal to the BG. The blending is quite good though, and I feel the depth created by the brush and pen tool. good work for something you did quickly
Just randomly, that Iron-man looks different, Looks like its head is massive compared to its body. Chocked_2
Ah thanks for that. Also, I think it's because the head is kind of faded into his shoulders which makes it look bigger.