Section Two: 5 vs. 2
Face-off between: Whos Desire and DRAGON
Theme: Sonic the Hedgehog

Whos Desire:
[Image: de3e32a8-85d7-4865-b388-f5cb1554175e_zps7f96a382.png]

DRAGON:
[Image: Myentrie.png]

Vote for one!
Both look a bit bland. Not much I had to say.

Desire: looks clean and stuff.

DRAGON: that background really doesn't complement the piece. don't like that text much either.
DRAGON: While the render was nice, the background colours nor the actual text went with Sonic.

Whos Desire: Awesome work! The colors and the background went real nice with the theme! The background was a bit plain, though; maybe you could have added a texture to it.

Overall, my vote went to Whos Desire; his looked real nice!
Both are fairly on par with each other.

The first one looks like it was a render put on a background then added text and that was it. Not else really to say. So, 7/10.

The second one used a nice effect with the render, but the background didn't not complement the piece what-so-ever... So, 5/10.
Not going to do "pros & cons" with these two. Nothing much to say really.

Whos Desire: "Google/Bing/Yahoo (or whatever) blue background and Sonic render. Open up photo editor: Slap Sonic onto the background and then add some text in a box. Done."

DRAGON: The colours you choose for the background are horrid. I didn't like the double faded Sonics. I don't really know what else to say.

I choose Whos Desire in the end. It looks mediocre, but it's just better than DRAGON's IMO.
(Jan. 04, 2015  1:16 AM)Makashima Wrote: Not going to do "pros & cons" with these two. Nothing much to say really.

Whos Desire: "Google/Bing/Yahoo (or whatever) blue background and Sonic render. Open up photo editor: Slap Sonic onto the background and then add some text in a box. Done."

DRAGON: The colours you choose for the background are horrid. I didn't like the double faded Sonics. I don't really know what else to say.

I choose Whos Desire in the end. It looks mediocre, but it's just better than DRAGON's IMO.

I was going to write that, but you just took the words out of my mouth. Desire, nice job Smile
(Jan. 04, 2015  1:16 AM)Makashima Wrote: Not going to do "pros & cons" with these two. Nothing much to say really.

To be honest, that's kinda what it was. I was very rushed, as I went on a trip.

Oh yeah, I didn't vote for anyone, so I'm not gonna say anything about either piece.
I dunno, but Desires looks more crisp and clean, it's visually eye catching and it fits the sonic teme in my opinion, unlike Sonic 2006.
Note: If anyone was wondering, my render was from my favorite Sonic game "Sonic Riders".
At least it isn't Sonic Free Riders Smile

But I'm glad to see you had a good thought about your GFX.
Erm...they both look decent (I mean at least it isn't Bubsy 3D graphics). I would probably choose Whos Desire's because it is blue which fits Sonic.
Easy pick for Desire.

Although if there was a null vote I would have gone with that pick, desires is just slightly more graphically sound.
(Jan. 04, 2015  1:16 AM)Makashima Wrote: DRAGON: The colours you choose for the background are horrid. I didn't like the double faded Sonics. I don't really know what else to say.

On the contrary, the colours are smooth and look OK to me, plus the 'clones' of Sonic work very well in this theme because Sonic is hyperfast, and how do people imagine Flash as most of the time ? Someone vibrating. Even if you have no idea about the Flash, it is just common that your eye would see Sonic at a few different places at once, with the speed he has. Knowing (or reminding yourself) of the speed concept that needs to be associated with Sonic, you can even go back to the background comment and figure out that those colours can be the everyday scenery seen as super blurred because we are getting a rare snap of Sonic right in the middle of one of his races.

The Cover's Book, everyone.
(Jan. 04, 2015  4:29 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  1:16 AM)Makashima Wrote: DRAGON: The colours you choose for the background are horrid. I didn't like the double faded Sonics. I don't really know what else to say.

On the contrary, the colours are smooth and look OK to me, plus the 'clones' of Sonic work very well in this theme because Sonic is hyperfast, and how do people imagine Flash as most of the time ? Someone vibrating. Even if you have no idea about the Flash, it is just common that your eye would see Sonic at a few different places at once, with the speed he has. Knowing (or reminding yourself) of the speed concept that needs to be associated with Sonic, you can even go back to the background comment and figure out that those colours can be the everyday scenery seen as super blurred because we are getting a rare snap of Sonic right in the middle of one of his races.

The Cover's Book, everyone.

^qft.

I totally agree with Kai-V. Things are subjective in this field.
My opinions.

Whos Desire: I like where the render was placed, and the text. The text seems to stand out equal to the render imo, so that's a con right now. Other than that, the background seems fitting, the text placement still outsizes the render (giving less space to show off the render) but your entry is still great.

DRAGON: The background doesn't compliment the text or the render, and the fading hands make it seem like a swift movement recently occured, but they distract me from the rest of the piece. The text and background ruin the piece.

My vote goes to Desire
Great job the two of you!
The composition of both entries seemed very simple. The text in the first one was nicely placed however it didn't have much substance to it. The second entry's render seemed too flattened horizontally although I understand the aesthetic of having double/faded renders.

I voted for the first. Even by public nomination, Whos Desire is the winner!
Thanks everyone for all the CnC and tips! Good luck to Kuji and Eminem (I believe?) in the finals!