Future Card Buddyfight discussion

This is an upcoming card game that looks similar to CF Vanguard, but is not Vanguard. Bushiroad revealed this new TCG at the Tokyo Toy show and will release this in English AND Japanese sometime in 2014.
Here are some links with information:
http://fc-buddyfight.com/
http://bushiroad.fm/post/en/2531/Introdu...fight.html

Great, MORE DRAGONS. Idk what the "Buddy" part of the title means. Maybe it's a tag team card game.. It is a mystery

If you're interested in this topic, please POSTPOSTPOST. I hope you all enjoy this game if you play Smile
That name...
"Junior Vanguard" maybe?
Anyway, don't judge a book by its cover, but I dunno...I probably will have nothing to do with this game.
Since I'm so focused on Vanguard, I probably won't play this. I might play if I'm convinced it's really good. The point of making this topic is for all you TCG players to be informed about Buddyfight though, not for me.
I will play this but not focus on it. probably shove it in the same section as duel masters, fun to play but not competitive.
This seems kind of interesting. I might get a few, but I'm not positive since there isn't many details. I can't wait to look forward to see more information about this game.
deleted my thread and moved all my info here

(Dec. 31, 2013  12:09 PM)Axel Phantom Wrote: since I haven't seen anyone post about Bushiroad's newest game (also first with a simultaneous launch)
I figured I would post all the info I have

The premier of the anime will be uploaded on January 3rd/4th to hulu and their offical youtube channel

Buddyfight will have two trial decks released on the 24th of January one for Dragon world and one for Danger world (these worlds being similar to clans in Vanguard) and the first booster set will be released later on January 31st and also right now the official Buddyfight facebook page is previewing cards that will appear in both trial decks

now ive been seeing a lot of jokes and negativity toward Buddyfight but all the reviews of people who have played the demos have been entirely positive and all the videos of demo games I have seen support this, Buddyfight is quite easy to learn and seems very balanced

Videos:
(Jan. 04, 2014  1:11 PM)Axel Phantom Wrote:

well there is episode 1 we don't get a fight yet but it does establish characters and give us a nice first look at this world hopefully the fight comes next episode
Ok, I saw episode 1 and here are my thoughts:

I don't really like it. The overall plot line was quite cliche and boring. It's also really unrealistic which doesn't always bug me, but it did this time, I don't know why.

Then there's the little things.
-I sorta chuckle to myself whenever they say buddy
-The character designs...
-Did Gao just say whatevs?

The one thing the anime had going for it is the voice actors, which aren't too bad in my opinion.

I'm not making any final decisions, but eh...
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:19 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ok, I saw episode 1 and here are my thoughts:

I don't really like it. The overall plot line was quite cliche and boring. It's also really unrealistic which doesn't always bug me, but it did this time, I don't know why.

Then there's the little things.
-I sorta chuckle to myself whenever they say buddy
-The character designs...
-Did Gao just say whatevs?

The one thing the anime had going for it is the voice actors, which aren't too bad in my opinion.

I'm not making any final decisions, but eh...

while I agree the show is nothing groundbreaking but it isn't bad, its the card game that's really exciting

anyways heres episode 2 just because
ergg, that first episode. couldn't even make it to the opening. im still going to play it. turns out the store i play vanguard at will not only stock these but also have a pre-release event of some sorts this weekend.
I dont like the show but the cards seem very interesting
I just watched the first episode. I thought it was alright, its just a card fight vanguard for younger kids. But I cant deal with all this buddy carp, but I will buy cards to check it out. Also when do the cards come out
(Dec. 31, 2013  12:09 PM)Axel Phantom Wrote: The premier of the anime will be uploaded on January 3rd/4th to hulu and their offical youtube channel

Buddyfight will have two trial decks released on the 24th of January one for Dragon world and one for Danger world (these worlds being similar to clans in Vanguard) and the first booster set will be released later on January 31st and also right now the official Buddyfight facebook page is previewing cards that will appear in both trial decks
so I went to the trial deck release yesterday, it was really fun and definitely worth getting a deck
I'm considering making Katana World if it's cheap enough(if it has good support in set 2)
(Jan. 30, 2014  2:57 PM)BERZERKA Wrote: I'm considering making Katana World if it's cheap enough(if it has good support in set 2)

well the flags are toppers in the boxes, but booster set 1 isn't even out yet so we have yet to see the prices of the set exclusive worlds
1. what is katana world, i only know of 3 worlds, magic, dragon and danger. 2. got my first deck a week ago and man this game is fun. im already seeing how good cards work and strategies and i haven't even looked at what i can change in my deck. i have however, seen all the magic world cards, and omg, 3. there is GUNRODS!!! they look like they were taken right out of kid iccarus uprising.
Giraton
Katana world is a new world confirmed for set 2. There are actually a few other like Dungeon, Legend and Hero World that don't have an exact release date at the moment though.
I feel like more people really need to try this game
Buddyfight doesn't seem to be doing very well in Melbourne so far. The last two tournaments I've gone to were cancelled due to not enough people signing up, (Allthough one of them turned into a casual Vanguard tournament, which was pretty good) and people who've bought boxes are giving away cards just to keep/ get new people interested in the game.

There are a few people who seem intent on playing the game though, so even if it doesn't become madly popular, a small community should be able to develop.
(Feb. 12, 2014  12:10 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote: Buddyfight doesn't seem to be doing very well in Melbourne so far. The last two tournaments I've gone to were cancelled due to not enough people signing up, (Allthough one of them turned into a casual Vanguard tournament, which was pretty good) and people who've bought boxes are giving away cards just to keep/ get new people interested in the game.

There are a few people who seem intent on playing the game though, so even if it doesn't become madly popular, a small community should be able to develop.

the group at my local shop is pretty small but as long as we can keep going regularly we may just keep it running
so ive been trying to see how this game would be played deeper, and at the moment the only thing i can think of (i know there is more i know but its all self conscious) is resource management. all the best cards in this game get you either more gauge, more hand or cost allot of gauge, and allot of games that go even a little more than 4 turns normally have players gauging their only card for a better one. so ill need to test this but i know resource management is one key to winning in this game.
http://fc-buddyfight.com/en/events/buddy...4/#REMARKS
So anyone going to this event? didn't think the game would be big enough by then to warrant free trips to tournaments.
like most big events I can't go because it is too far for me to go without spending more than I can afford
The anime has gotten much better. Episodes 5, and 13 are two key episodes that show its potential. The show has lots of potential, even though it started off slow. Last week's episode (ep14) was really good imo. I really like the characters, especially Noboru.
Katana World is looking awesome with what's been revealed. It's gotta win at least one Regional...