Future Card Buddyfight discussion

(Apr. 06, 2014  6:25 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: The anime has gotten much better. Episodes 5, and 13 are two key episodes that show its potential. The show has lots of potential, even though it started off slow.

I have lost all hope in the show having a decent plot, I'm just in it for the cool references. i mean come on it has "hey listen" and "leave or i shall taunt you a second time".

ps: I've started a blog about this game's strategy, just as an attempt to make sense of my competitive thoughts on the game as they aren't exactly obvious. http://futurecastblog.blogspot.com.au/
Has anyone tried out the Jack Knife archetype yet? I'm debating to buy the starter deck to add on to my Armor Dragon Deck (It's pretty basic only using Cards from two flash decks put together, and pulls from BT01 and CB01 while trying to make it balanced) so I want to add some new stuff to it and if anyone has tried it.
(Apr. 09, 2014  9:01 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Has anyone tried out the Jack Knife archetype yet? I'm debating to buy the starter deck to add on to my Armor Dragon Deck (It's pretty basic only using Cards from two flash decks put together, and pulls from BT01 and CB01 while trying to make it balanced) so I want to add some new stuff to it and if anyone has tried it.
The trial deck alone is so powerful, i wish i had it, but i got to test it when i had to buy it for a friend. you do need gauge chargers though, but the set healer that comes with the trial deck makes you almost un-killable, if it weren't for the fact that bounce spells and spell destruction exists. You need the trial deck i can tell you that now though.
yeah Dragonic Force is a total beast of a trial deck
Yeah I knew the trial deck with pretty good, but wasn't sure about the archetype compared to the other ones. After looking up some battles I have to say the archetype looks cool. Although I might want to try Katana world sometime after as it looks fun. And I cant wait for the new anime episode today. Should be pretty good judging by the preview.
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to get some discussion in this thread.
Coming out June 6th.
So Ancient World is getting support (it had 1 card in BT02 if you did not know) and it seems interesting. Lifelink is risky (They show some cards and describe it in one of the Bushi Navi Lifestreams), but the way the deck works it will take a few turns before you take the damage although you kinda are screwed at that point when it dies (especially the lifelink 8 card). It doesn't say anything about Danger World so I guess it is getting nothing which is sad for Danger World Players since they haven't got that much support. Dragons are still getting support as well as Magic. I like the options, but sometimes it is very overwhelming to choose what to use in your deck. I'm a Dragon World Player and it gets challenging to decide what would I like to go in the deck because there are so many viable options. And finally Katana world gets some support. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it and I haven't memorized the key card skills yet so I can't say to much about it. This is coming out July 4th.

They also have said some information about 2 trial decks. TD04 Braves Explosion and TD05 Ninja Onslaught. Both come out July 4th. Ninja onslaught is obviously Katana world, but Braves Explosion is harder to predict. Hopefully Ancient world, but we wont know until more information is given.
(Apr. 23, 2014  9:05 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: They also have said some information about 2 trial decks. TD04 Braves Explosion and TD05 Ninja Onslaught. Both come out July 4th. Ninja onslaught is obviously Katana world, but Braves Explosion is harder to predict. Hopefully Ancient world, but we wont know until more information is given.

I believe the other trial is actually dungeon world, that's what i have been told. I'm excited to see Anchient world in action, it seems to run center only so i wonder how it will play.

for those interested i now have a podcast on buddyfight, its a little lack luster in the video but its still good. ill be doing more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwCcu5tAzU
Actually now thinking about it the name could also represent dungeon world. Lifelink should be fun but it personally makes me want to steer away from it because it being killed could be game. Although I guess other worlds will have lifelink to so hopefully ancient world will have some other boss monsters without lifelink that are good. Lifelink just seems to risky considering how easy Armorknights and Jackknifes can easily remove cards from the field with abilities.
I feel like Ancient World is going to be even more hyper agro than danger world

im also really excited for the katana world and dungion world trial decks
The Future Card Buddyfight anime has realy started to pick up. This week and next weeks episodes are going to be epic. Can't wait to see Gao vs. Genma.
i feel dungeon is a high risk, high reward defensive deck more than anything. you are aggro yes, but i feel that its goal is to keep your monster alive and dish out the pain. Am glad most have double attack.
Do you mean Ancient world? Dungeon doesn't really have any effects confirmed. Yeah Ancient seems somewhat defensive when it comes to boss monsters with all their soul guard. Double attack is nice, but the soul guard is what keeps it alive and killing. Duel Sieger and it's other form (forgot the name) and all the spells run the deck. Sieger beats stuff up, then gets killed, then his other form comes and negates all the damage and finally you use all the spells to do a bunch of crazy combos. Thankfully Buddyfight has a side deck so you can switch in cards that target and destroy monsters to run down Sieger's soul considering you wouldn't want all aggressive spells in every game before siding (at least I wouldn't). Ancient seems like it will be a popular deck when it comes out considering how good it seems to be at the moment. I also hope Danger will get support sometime. I mean they aren't getting any support in the revealed upcoming sets so it feels like it will be so long before they get anything. And it really sucks for Amorknight players who mainly got support set 1 only because Duel Dragons took up most Danger in set 2. Danger also needs better items. The only items available are the ones from the Trial deck and Boulder Piercing Spear doesn't even have an effect.

On the topic of the anime Gao still hasn't lost. At least the last few have been close. I really thought he was going to lose to Noboru except since Noboru was leaving so Gao would take his spot in finals, but Gao had to top deck Gargantua. At least the Zonya match was close, but I'm pretty sure Zonya set down the Spell killing Impact and not the one that kills Impacts so Gao might have won. We'll never know. Hey at least he is having a good match against Genma. The outcome should be interesting.
I would much rather them do it like they did Aichi's storyline, where he LEARNS from his early losses.
Instead, they just give him the bland, predictable "main-character shield"...
it seems like its fallowing the yugioh protagonist route

yugi: beats a well known champion in a card game and almost never loses

gao: beats a well known player who is considered a genius at the game and hasn't lost yet

I agree it isn't as interesting exactly but I still find it entertaining
I'm coming to the idea that Gao is just good at thinking on the spot (and knows how to top deck). Personally I got tired of Aichi losing a lot for a while because every time he went up against a semi decent opponent he lost. He was new to the game, but still. I have a strong feeling that Gao wil take down Genma because of Yota's card. IMO it would be better if Gao would Los the finals so he has someone better than him or he could lose his next match after the championship to show that he still has improvement. I'm just predicting a loss from him soon.
^ agreed if the guy just goes plowing though every opponent there wont be much show, I still could see gao loseing to genma as a possibility
All we know is he can live a little bit longer considering he got 2 Dragon Shields so he shouldn't be in to much trouble. Ancient World's gauge is scary though. They can get it real easy. I don't really care if Gao wins or not. The one thing I don't want to see happen is him top decking Gargantua for the win. I like Gao as a character and he seems to be good, but it's not fair he can top deck Gargantua every important match like against Noboru (who I actually thought would win that match). It would be much more interesting to see him skilfully out play Genma. Well we will have to find out tomorrow.

And it seems like each world that comes out is better than the last. Like when Magic came out, then we had Katana, now Danger and in a few months Dungeon. Dragon isn't really left in the dust because of all it's major support in every set, but poor danger gets nothing. They even ditched the guy who used Armorknights (forgot name lol) so unless he comes back or another person takes armorknights we might not get a lot of support from them.
[Image: BF_EB01.jpg]

so..with Immortal Entities coming out danger world is gonna be hitting the meta soon
I believe I posted info (with pics) on that and BT03 Drums Adventure on the last page. You know Danger world doesn't get any support in that set, but a box topped right? Are you thinking of another world?

Also yay Dragon World gets the Sun Fist Item card. So fair when it link attacks with your buddy and its power becomes infinite.
June 14, 2014 on BS Japan, and June 15, 2014 on TV Tokyo, a Buddyfight recap special will air.

-- Everyone Gathers! Eleven Buddy Fighters!! (Recap Special)
全員集合!11人のバディファイター!!
Zennin Shūgō! Jū-nin no Badi Faitā

1~23話の総集編。主人公・未門牙王やそのライバルたちを紹介し、熱いファイトを振り返る!

I will get this special capped.

EDIT: A new Buddyfight ED theme called "Summer Color Fighting!!" Is coming out on August 20, 2014.

http://koayyy.tumblr.com/post/8818249916...oing-to-be
Ok so yesterday i have battled against ancient world already. It was a budget wild dragon build, and my god it works so well. it just cleanly keep its guys alive and restore life to deal with the life link. there are still problems with it, but it plays well. i think if i were to learn how to fight them i would win more against them, but at the moment its 2-1 for me with difficulty.
So I am now one of the top 8 players in Australia till the worlds come out, got top 8 losing only to the guy who came first and the guy who came 3rd the entire day with a Danger world deck in the buddy challenge. So many tough games but really fun. If you have a chance to enter one or the worlds tournament, try it.

Also anyone playing dungeon world when its released in a few days? I am.
Good news for people that want to get into Buddyfight.
The same people that run Cardfight Area are working on an online Buddyfight client at the moment.